Horses Owned or Bred (Racing or Retired) by the Mosses.

Comments

• High Greeley is running May 29th in a $3,200 claiming race for 3 year olds and upward going one mile at Golden Gate. He will be ridden by Erick Lopez. He is trained by Vod Farris and owned by Alexis Farris. He was bred by the Mosses.
    He finished 3rd and was not claimed.
  • Cevaro is running May 31st in a $22,500 - $25,000 claiming race for 3 year olds and upward going 1 1/8th miles on turf at Santa Anita. He will be ridden by Victor Espinoza. He is trained by John Sadler and bred and owned by the Mosses.
    He finished 2nd and was claimed. His new trainer is Mike Puype and his new owners are Slugo Racing and Tiger Racing.

• KMMKMM Member
    Puype is well thought of as a trainer. I think.
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    Saratoga - 7/26/2015
    Race 1 Maiden Special Weight Tiz Adore (Her first time out)

Tiz Adore (KY)
    B , F, foaled January 28, 2012
    ( Tiznow - Theodora, by Fusaichi Pegasus)
    Jockey: Junior Alvarado
    Trainer: John A. Shirreffs
    Owner: Moss, Mr. and Mrs. Jerome S.
    Breeder: Mr. & Mrs. J. S. Moss
  • Captain Tim is running July 31st in a maiden special weight for 3 year olds and upward going 1 1/8th miles at Saratoga. He will be ridden by Junior Alvarado. He is trained by John Shirreffs and bred and owned by the Mosses.

Note: He is/was Coz's workmate.
  • Bollywood is running July 31st in a $55,000 -$62,500 claiming race for 3 year olds and upward going 6 furlongs at Del Mar. He will be ridden by Martin Pedroza. He is trained by Bob Baffert and owned by Kaleem ShahInc. He was bred by the Mosses.
  • Honey Ride is running August 1st in the Clement L. Hirsch Stakes. She will be ridden by Victor Espinoza. She is trained by John Sadler and bred and owned by the Mosses.
  • KMMKMM Member
    And Beholder is entered too.
  • I've been following this 3 year-old colt for awhile. I've been calling him "the other Bernardini" because he was bred by the Moss' the same year they bred Coz.
    Bollywood is running July 31st in a $55,000 -$62,500 claiming race for 3 year olds and upward going 6 furlongs at Del Mar. He will be ridden by Martin Pedroza. He is trained by Bob Baffert and owned by Kaleem ShahInc. He was bred by the Mosses.
  • Captain Tim is running July 31st in a maiden special weight for 3 year olds and upward going 1 1/8th miles at Saratoga. He will be ridden by Junior Alvarado. He is trained by John Shirreffs and bred and owned by the Mosses.

Note: He is/was Coz's workmate.
    He finished 8th
  • Honey Ride is running August 1st in the Clement L. Hirsch Stakes. She will be ridden by Victor Espinoza. She is trained by John Sadler and bred and owned by the Mosses.
    She finished 5th.
  • Bollywood is running July 31st in a $55,000 -$62,500 claiming race for 3 year olds and upward going 6 furlongs at Del Mar. He will be ridden by Martin Pedroza. He is trained by Bob Baffert and owned by Kaleem ShahInc. He was bred by the Mosses.
    He was scratched.
  • Cervaro (bred by the Mosses and owned by Slugo Racing and Tiger Racing) finished 8th in a starter allowance race at Del Mar on the 2nd.
  • Was disappointed when that happened. :(

I hope he is ok
    Bollywood is running July 31st in a $55,000 -$62,500 claiming race for 3 year olds and upward going 6 furlongs at Del Mar. He will be ridden by Martin Pedroza. He is trained by Bob Baffert and owned by Kaleem ShahInc. He was bred by the Mosses.

He was scratched.
  • Laria is running August 8th in a starter allowance race for 3 year old and upward fillies and mares going 1 1/16th miles on turf at Santa Rosa. She will be ridden by Ricardo Gonzalez. She is trained by Steve Sherman and bred and owned by the Mosses.
  • Orchestral is running August 9th in a $12,500 maiden claiming race for 3 year olds and upward going 6 furlongs at Santa Rosa. He will be ridden by Ricardo Gonzalez. He is trained by Steve Sherman and owned by the Mosses.
  • How long has S. Sherman been training for the Moss' and have they typically sent some of their horses to Santa Rosa?
  • Where is Santa Rosa? Sounds like a CA name.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Santa Rosa is just north of San Francisco ....
  • KMMKMM Member
    How big is Steve Sherman's string?
  • How long has S. Sherman been training for the Moss' and have they typically sent some of their horses to Santa Rosa?
    I believe he has been their trainer up in northern CA for years? i believe he trains most of there claiming horses? Also
    i believe his "home base" is actually Golden Gate but he has a stable at Santa Rosa for their meet which ends next week.
  • Thanks, carolinarkansas, Figured it had to be out here somewhere. I don't know much about northern CA. Almost like a different state.
  • Laria is running August 8th in a starter allowance race for 3 year old and upward fillies and mares going 1 1/16th miles on turf at Santa Rosa. She will be ridden by Ricardo Gonzalez. She is trained by Steve Sherman and bred and owned by the Mosses.
    She finished 1st
  • Good to hear that. Thanks for posting.
  • Orchestral is running August 9th in a $12,500 maiden claiming race for 3 year olds and upward going 6 furlongs at Santa Rosa. He will be ridden by Ricardo Gonzalez. He is trained by Steve Sherman and owned by the Mosses.
    He finished last of 7 and wasn't claimed.