Rosalind

Ok so I know many of you (myself included) followed (and probably still do follow her) so I thought she need her own discussion.

Comments

• From Landaluce Educe Stables facebook: ROSALIND TO ROYAL ASCOT

Rosalind had her final major prep today and all went 'Grand.'

She will fly to England next week and race in the Group 1 Coronation Stakes at Royal Ascot on June 20.

No American Filly has ever won the Coronation. She will attempt to be the first.

(NOTE: Previous plans were to keep her in the US and have her run in the Belmont Oaks in July but I guess they changed their minds.)
  • From Magdalena Farm facebook: "Rosalind" sporting her new compression suit for her trip to Ascot in England , She really likes her new P.J.'s https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10366014_774074042624862_8634239952945229958_n.jpg
  • i actually like the name rosalind because read the book romeo and juliet
  • From Landaluce Educe Stables facebook: Keiron Fallon will be the jockey for Rosalind in the Coronation.

NOTE: Apparently Joel Rosario her regular rider had trouble getting a Visa to be able to fly there.
  • Trainer Ken McPeek adds some American flavor with Landaluce Educe Stable's Rosalind, 20-1. The daughter to Broken Vow dead-heated for first in the April 5 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland and subsequently finished fourth in the Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) May 2 at Churchill Downs.

McPeek bids for a first win at the Royal meet after previously sending out three runners in 2010: Tiz My Time (third, gr. III Albany Stakes), Noble's Promise (fifth, gr. I St. James's Palace Stakes), and Casper's Touch (third, Chesham Stakes).

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/85739/my-tatania-among-dozen-for-coronation-stakes#ixzz3564I1kU4
  • KetaKeta Member
    Kenny McPeek ‏Thursday June 19, 2014 with PHOTO
    Good Morning! From Newmarket England. Rosalind walking home
    from galloping Bury Hill.
    She runs tomorrow in Coronation

• KetaKeta Member
    edited June 2014
    From Magdalena Farm facebook: "Rosalind" sporting her new compression suit for her trip to Ascot in England , She really likes her new P.J.'s https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10366014_774074042624862_8634239952945229958_n.jpg
    Reminds me of the suit Black Caviar wore.
    Note the ads for Horse Races Now app developed by Sharon & Kenny McPeek.
    Great app by the way
  • I am so excited to see what this filly has in store. She looks like she could turn into something great.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited June 2014
    lol shes advertising Horse Races NOW app. it really is as cool as they say, i've had the app way before it started really advertising it and putting it out there
  • AshtonAshton Member
    Kenny McPeek tweets: Well what can I say? I'm hoping Rosalind is ok and I'm really disappointed for her owner and my team.Some thing we can't control. It happens.
    Please join me in saying a prayer, Rosalind is okay. Her owners are the best and they have suffered so much loss this past year. I love this beautiful girl with all my heart and soul. I can attest her owners are as beautiful inside and out as their horses.
  • AshtonAshton Member
    I should have inserted quotes..."Kenny McPeek tweets: Well what can I say? I'm hoping Rosalind is ok and I'm really disappointed for her owner and my team.Some thing we can't control. It happens."
  • RachelRachel Member
    Kenny McPeek @KennyMcPeek
    Rosalind has minor cuts. Grabbed left front quarter. Otherwise minor. Hope Keiren is alright too. Heard he was off mounts. Bad luck. Head up
  • AshtonAshton Member
    God bless you Rachel.....for this update. I was near frantic. Thank you!!!!
  • AshtonAshton Member
    PS- Of course prayers for Keiren, on FB they said he is okay, but it could always not be accurate, as you know.
  • RachelRachel Member
    you're very welcome, i literally had no idea about what happened to Rosalind and rushed over to DRF to find some tweet updates, was relieved to see that one lol
  • RachelRachel Member
    here is the winner of the Coronation stakes in which Rosalind ran

DRFBreeding @DRFBreeding
    Rizeena, winner of G1 Coronation at #RoyalAscot, also has roots in a prominent U.S.-based female family.

DRFBreeding @DRFBreeding
    Rizeena's third dam, multiple stakes producer Serena's Sister, full sister to champion & multiple stakes producer Serena's Song.
  • RachelRachel Member
    here is what happened to Rosalind

Marcus Hersh @DRFHersh
    Rizeena wins the G1 Coronation Cup. Terrible luck for US shipper Rosalind who stumbled badly after the start and dumped jockey K Fallon.
  • AshtonAshton Member
    From Landaluce Educes Page:
    "With racing we have to be prepared for the lows and the highs. Today was a low.
    Rosalind is fine, the Jockey became unseated at the start and fell off which was an automatic disqualification for her. Her next goal is still the Belmont Oaks on July 5th."
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=823377451013757&id=330138613670979&notif_t=notify_me
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    wonder if her regular rider could have gotten a visa ....if things would have been different?
  • AshtonAshton Member
    Carol, we will never know. She stumbled badly out of the gate. Here is the race fpr anyone who missed it. Congrats to the winner Rizeena .
  • Thanks Ashton!
  • Rosalind is running July 5th in the Belmont Oaks Invitational. She will be ridden by Julien Leparoux. She is trained by Ken McPeek and owned by L:andaluce Educe Stables.

NOTE: Her regular rider Joel Rosario will be in the race on a different horse.
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited July 2014
    To add to the international intrigue, trainer Kenny McPeek has entered Rosalind, who will be seeking redemption after traveling all the way to Royal Ascot for the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) only to throw jockey Kieran Fallon one step out of the gate.
    Finally, we have the unfortunate Rosalind, who ran a huge race to finish a close third in last year’s Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) after placing in the Alcibiades and Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II). This year, the daughter of Broken Vow was a dead-heat winner of the Ashland Stakes before finishing a well-beaten fourth behind Untapable in the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I). She was then sent to Royal Ascot, where she went off at 20-1 in the Coronation and dumped her rider over her head leaving the starting enclosure.

Owned by Landaluce Educe Stables, she will be ridden by Julien Leparoux.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/85970/xcellence-heads-euro-invaders-in-belmont-oaks#ixzz36Lms6A00
  • $1,000,000 Belmont Oaks (gr. I, Race 9, approximate post time 5:45 p.m. EDT), 3-Year-Old Fillies, 1 1/4 Miles (Turf)

PP/Horse/Jockey/Trainer

1—Goldy Espony (FR), J. Lezcano, C. Brown

2—Room Service (KY), S. Bridgmohan, W. Catalano

3—My Conquestadory (KY), J. Castellano, M. Casse

4—Summer Solo (NY), C. Velasquez, C. Clement

5—Flying Jib (GB), P. Smullen, D. Weld

6—Rosalind (KY), J. Leparoux. K. McPeek

7—Xcellence (FR), G. Mosse (F. Doumen)

8—Wonderfully (IRE), C. O’Donoghue, A. O’Brien

9—Minorette (KY), J. Rosario, C. Brown

10—Recepta (KY), J. Alvarado, J. Toner

11—Sea Queen (KY), I. Ortiz Jr., C. Clement