In Memoriam

Comments

• KetaKeta Member
    Hovis Diary Friday July 11, 2014 (Horse and Hounds)
    Our dear friend and yard patriarch Wise Old Tom has passed over the bridge. He was 24 years old and his wonderful mum decided it was time to let him be free. As always when I lose a friend I write a little poem so this one is for you Tom

Goodnight Mister Tom
    One last time, close your aged eyes
    For in this sleep, you’re forever young
    Galloping free across the skies

All of us, we will remember
    And think of you each and every day
    For when we hear words of wisdom
    We’ll think “that’s what Tom would say”

And although we’ll miss you, our aged friend
    We’ll try our very hardest not to be sad
    And in our hearts be so very thankful
    For the amazing inning that you had

Even at the end your mum so loved you
    So more than you could ever know
    Because despite her sadness, she released you
    And with all her love, let you go

So enjoy the heavenly grasslands
    With all the horses who’ve ever died
    And know one day in the future
    We’ll all graze there, side by side

In loving memory of Tom.
    Hovis

Read more at http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/blog/hovis-friday-diary-goodbye-tom/#XV5OGPBUjSvOPVDm.99
  • KetaKeta Member
    Su-Ann Khaw Wed. July 16, 2014 PHOTO
    Sunday Silence's barn door, feed bin and bridle

• RachelRachel Member
    Su-Ann Khaw Wed. July 16, 2014 PHOTO
    Sunday Silence's barn door, feed bin and bridle

that right there is how you know for SURE they loved and adored this horse. Still do too. wow, he is like a Deity to them, he forever changed things for the good for them and they are forever thankful. They sure benefited from our stupidity lol

• KetaKeta Member
    edited July 2014
    Simon Bray TVG tweet on Sunday July 20, 2014 PHOTO
    NATIVE DIVER'S new resting place at Del Mar

It is a beautiful memorial to the great Native Diver! Keta

Thoroughbred Info tweet on Sunday July 20, 2014 PHOTO
    Native Diver's original resting place @hollyparkracing.
    Photo taken 12-22-13, final day of #HollywoodPark

• RachelRachel Member
    edited July 2014
    Paul Moran's ashes were spread on Go For Wand's grave site this morning at Saratoga.

here is another photo of the beautiful day
  • KetaKeta Member
    Paul Moran's ashes were spread on Go For Wand's grave site this morning at Saratoga.

here is another photo of the beautiful day
    Both photos by Barbara Livingston on Sunday July 20, 2014
  • Thanks Keta. It's a very touching tribute.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Ray Paulick ‏on ‏Fri. July 25 2014
    Sad afternoon at @DelMarRacing. Two horses euthanized from injuries.
    RIP Yes She's Unusual and Longview Drive. Better days ahead.

Ed Zieralski on ‏Fri. July 25 2014
    Second horse in two races euthanized at Del Mar.
    Longview Drive broke down early in Cougar Handicap and was put down.
    Fifth horse to die.

• I am just letting every one know that I am going to be making one for Dance With Fate later today just so everyone knows
  • kurtkurt Member
    CALIF CHROM- if you can figure out how to use my pics from my links in the RIP DWF thread, feel free to use em for this...i dunno how to pics using tinypic..use to use image shack before..anyway,,if u need pics,help yourself
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited August 2014
    Delta Princess (2/17/1999 - 8/5/2014)
    Pedigree: A.P. Indy (1989) x Lyphard's Delta (1990) by Lyphard (1969)
    Earnings: $740,918 (30 starts: 11 wins, 6 places, 2 shows)
    Cause of Death: She was euthanized due to a degenerative stifle condition. She was carrying a foal at the time to Awesome Again-CAN (1994)
    Fun Facts: Not only good on the race track, she really shined in the breeding shed. She was the dam of champion filly, Royal Delta (by Empire Maker), Empire Way and Carnival Court.

Sadly, this beautiful girl was only 15 years old.

Photo by Kari Myers from Thoroughbred Journey.com

From Bloodhorse.com
  • This is unfortunate :(
  • Princess Delta (2/17/1999 - 8/5/2014)
    Pedigree: A.P. Indy (1989) x Lyphard's Delta (1990) by Lyphard (1969)
    Earnings: $740,918 (30 starts: 11 wins, 6 places, 2 shows)
    Cause of Death: She was euthanized due to a degenerative stifle condition. She was carrying a foal at the time to Awesome Again-CAN (1994)
    Fun Facts: Not only good on the race track, she really shined in the breeding shed. She was the dam of champion filly, Royal Delta (by Empire Maker), Empire Way and Carnival Court.

Sadly, this beautiful girl was only 15 years old.

Photo by Kari Myers from Thoroughbred Journey.com

From Bloodhorse.com
    May I put her on Golden Girls?
  • PG her name is Delta Princess.
  • PG her name is Delta Princess.
    That's what I though too. Glad to see someone else agrees.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited August 2014
    Oops...
    OK...have made the correction...can you all correct the name to Delta Princess instead on your postings as well...thanks!
    By the way...She's already in Golden Girls from earlier postings.
  • Oops...
    OK...have made the correction...can you all correct the name to Delta Princess instead on your postings...thanks!
    By the way...She's already in Golden Girls from earlier postings.
    Found that out =) Glad she's in there, in the halls of the Golden Girls.
  • Yes...Delta Princess was posted by crdolce_777 on June 6 on page 15 in Golden Girls. :oD
  • Bullwhip (January 26, 2011 - August 14, 2014)
    Pedigree: Benny the Bull x Color Me Special (River Special)
    Earnings: $19,255
    Cause of Death: Broke down in race 1 at Charlestown Racetrack August 14th. Milady's Officer clipped heels with Bullwhip (didnt go down, just stumbled) into the first turn, shortly there after Bullwhip broke down.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited August 2014
    This one is going to be extra special, QueenZFan22 was able to see this horse in person and spend time with him. So this death is extra hard to bear.

Schnell Flitzen (February 19, 2009 - February 1, 2014)
    Pedigree: Prohibitionist x Flash's Dream Girl (Dance Brightly)
    Earnings: $3,900
    Cause of Death: Broke down in race 4 at Turfway Park. This was his 2nd start, he broke his maiden January 5th 2014.

This photo is QueenZ's that she posted in the Horse Racing injuries and fatalities thread that she took of Flitzen. (atleast, i THINK that is what was said about the photo)

Here he is racing, photo from Google Images
  • Ludicrous (February 3, 2012 - August 23, 2014)
    Pedigree: Medaglia d'Oro x Victory Ride (Seeking the Gold)
    Earnings: I guess he didnt earn anything really considering the fact today was his racing debut....
    Cause of Death: Broke down after bumping into a rival down the stretch in race 4 at Saratoga. He was making a nice bid for 2nd or 3rd place when he broke down. Jockey tried to pull him up and he bumped into a rival going past him, jockey then fell off him and Ludicrous went off to the side away from camera view. He was euthanized on the track.

Photo from Thoroughbred Tears 2014 facebook
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited August 2014
    Inchila (April 6, 2011 - August 7, 2014)
    Pedigree: ( Dylan Thomas (IRE) - Inchiri (GB), by Sadler's Wells)
    Earnings: Im not really sure, was alot i assume cuz she won alot of races.
    Cause of Death: Put down after complications from an injury she sustained in the Ribblesdale Stakes at Royal Ascot. She fractured her pelvis in the Ribblesdale Stakes, and then later it was found to be more severe than initially thought. The fracture ended up going right down into her hip joint, thus the decision to euthanize.
  • Barbara Livingston photo of Ludicrous
    https://mobile.twitter.com/DRFLivingston/statuses/503246455239622658
    Ludicrous (February 3, 2012 - August 23, 2014)
    Pedigree: Medaglia d'Oro x Victory Ride (Seeking the Gold)
    Earnings: I guess he didnt earn anything really considering the fact today was his racing debut....
    Cause of Death: Broke down after bumping into a rival down the stretch in race 4 at Saratoga. He was making a nice bid for 2nd or 3rd place when he broke down. Jockey tried to pull him up and he bumped into a rival going past him, jockey then fell off him and Ludicrous went off to the side away from camera view. He was euthanized on the track.

Photo from Thoroughbred Tears 2014 facebook
  • This one is going to be extra special, QueenZFan22 was able to see this horse in person and spend time with him. So this death is extra hard to bear.

Cause of Death: Broke down in race 4 at Turfway Park. This was his 2nd start, he broke his maiden January 5th 2014.

This photo is QueenZ's that she posted in the Horse Racing injuries and fatalities thread that she took of Flitzen. (atleast, i THINK that is what was said about the photo)

Rachel I actually have never seen this horse. I just posted the news about his death from Thoroughbred Tears 2014 facebook page.
  • OK, it was a minor confusion then lol. I cant edit this though :( So THAT PHOTO IS NOT QueenZ's
    This one is going to be extra special, QueenZFan22 was able to see this horse in person and spend time with him. So this death is extra hard to bear.

Rachel I actually have never seen this horse. I just posted the news about his death from Thoroughbred Tears 2014 facebook page.