Royal Delta

Has Anyone heard anything about Royal Delta? Last I knew she was Booked to Galileo. but I was curious if they were gonna keep her over in Ireland till the foal in born or ship her back to the states.

Comments

• slewpyslewpy Member
    It was my understanding that she would be gone for a year and then come back here. I miss her more than I can say and am really looking forward to her progeny. As we all know, plans can change at any time.
  • Barbara Livingston ‏@DRFLivingston 1h
    CROWN QUEEN, highly promising half-sister to Royal Delta, working yesterday with Paul Breedon up. #Saratoga pic.twitter.com/PLHScMLZLu
  • Crown Queen is running August 16th in the Knob Crook Lake Placid Stakes. She will be ridden by John Velazquez. She is trained by Bill Mott and owned by Besliu Stables.

NOTE: She is a half sister to Royal Delta.
  • Besilu Stables' Crown Queen is out of Delta Princess (by A.P. Indy), who was euthanized Aug. 5 because of a degenerative stifle condition at Adena Springs Farm in Kentucky. Delta Princess won three graded stakes in her career and has produced three graded stakes horses including Royal Delta. Crown Queen, by Smart Strike, may become her fourth graded stakes performer in the Lake Placid.

Crown Queen broke her maiden June 15 in her third attempt while going a mile over the turf at Belmont, then drew clear by four against an entry-level allowance cast July 20 going 1 3/8 miles on the turf at Belmont. John Velazquez gets the call and they'll get a four-pound break in the allowance conditions for her stakes debut.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/86755/minorette-a-major-force-in-lake-placid#ixzz3ANtRef5G
  • Looking forward to seeing Crown Queen run. Wonder if she runs with her head down like Royal Delta and A. P. Indy.
  • Little sis got it done today in the Lake Placid stakes at Saratoga

Half sister, Crown Queen
  • slewpyslewpy Member
    edited August 2014
    Royalty reins and reigns. Good job sis. And CQ does run with her head down like RD. That's the A. P. Indy trademark.
  • This was June 2016, carrying the filly that survived. So glad the surviving foal is a filly.

• This is just heartbreaking I cannot believe what I'm reading.
  • This just makes me so sad, although it is good to know the filly survived. My heart goes out to all her connections and those of us who loved her from afar, too.
  • This is so sad. I know this isn't reasonable and I'm not a "horse" person, but I wish when mares have trouble keeping in foal and/or abort, they would stop breeding them. Heartbreaking news to see first thing.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited February 2017
    Breaks my heart! So loved her! And her dam, Delta Princess, died too early as well. That I think of, she has Crown Queen, half Sib who did well at track, and half Sib brother now racing.
  • This is so sad. I know this isn't reasonable and I'm not a "horse" person, but I wish when mares have trouble keeping in foal and/or abort, they would stop breeding them. Heartbreaking news to see first thing.

It's easy to feel that way, but there are so many causes for them to abort a foal that it would be hard to predict. Pepper's Pride lost her American Pharoah foal due to a twisted umbilical cord, something that couldn't be prevented. However, I don't feel she should be pulled from a breeding program. I haven't seen why RD aborted the foal, it may have had nothing to do with her health. It's sad and I am always nervous when a mare I follow is due to deliver.

• KMM said:

Breaks my heart! So loved her! And her dam, Delta Princess, died too early as well. That I think of, she has Crown Queen, half Sib who did well at track, and half Sib brother now racing.

How did her mother pass?

• KMMKMM Member
    edited February 2017
    She was euthanized in 08/ 2014 because of of a degenerative stifle condition. Dam was G2 winner and multiple G3 winner, and she produced a lot of black type in her offspring.

I don't know what happened to her son Khozan. He one two races very well in 2015.
  • Terribly sad news. RIP Royal Delta. I'm glad the filly has survived and I hope she will continue to do well. Nothing in life is certain. :(
  • edited February 2017
    I didn't know Pepper's Pride lost her AP foal. Sorry to hear that.
  • valerier said:

This is so sad. I know this isn't reasonable and I'm not a "horse" person, but I wish when mares have trouble keeping in foal and/or abort, they would stop breeding them. Heartbreaking news to see first thing.

It's easy to feel that way, but there are so many causes for them to abort a foal that it would be hard to predict. Pepper's Pride lost her American Pharoah foal due to a twisted umbilical cord, something that couldn't be prevented. However, I don't feel she should be pulled from a breeding program. I haven't seen why RD aborted the foal, it may have had nothing to do with her health. It's sad and I am always nervous when a mare I follow is due to deliver.

Thank you for the insight. It's just a shock to see first thing. I'm sure her caretakers had her best interests at heart and knew what they were doing. Condolences to them as well.

• This was a photo tribute (39) when Royal Delta retired
    Remembering Royal Delta! RIP

Good bye and good luck, Royal Delta
    November 20, 2013 bt Tod Marks
    After banking nearly $5 million in a 22-race career with 12 wins and two championships, Royal Delta sails off to become a broodmare. The 5-year-old daughter of Empire Maker will reportedly be bred to Galileo. Tod Marks takes a pictorial look back.
    http://thisishorseracing.com/news/index.php/multi-media/archived-multi-media/2408-good-bye-and-good-luck-royal-delta
  • RIP Royal Delta. You gave your all every time.
  • TVG on ‎Friday, ‎10 ‎February, ‎2017 VIDEO
    The racing community was devastated to learn of the passing of
    3-time Champion Royal Delta.
    We reflect on her remarkable career:

• KetaKeta Member
    edited February 2017
    Royal Delta (KY)
    TB, DK B/, M, foaled February 2, 2008 died February 2017
    ( Empire Maker - Delta Princess, by A.P. Indy)
    CONNECTIONS AS OF LAST START:
    Jockey: Mike E. Smith
    Trainer: William I. Mott
    Owner: Besilu Stables

Breeder: Palides Investments N.V., Inc.
    the nom de course of the late Prince Saud bin Khaled,

Royal Delta made headlines again days after that first Breeders' Cup triumph, this time when she arrived at the 2011 Keeneland November breeding stock sale as part of the late Saud bin Khaled's Palides Investments dispersal and sold to Leon for $8.5 million, the third highest price ever for a racemare or broodmare prospect at the November event
    Source: The Blood-Horse

CAREER HONORS:
    Eclipse Award 2013 Champion Older Mare
    Eclipse Award 2012 Champion Older Mare
    Eclipse Award 2011 Champion 3 Year Old Filly

BEST RACING CLASS ACHIEVED:
    Multiple Graded Stakes Winner

BREEDERS' CUP PARTICIPATION:

Breeders' Cup Race
    1st Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic - 2012
    1st Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic - 2011
    Breeders' Cup Distaff participant - 2013

TOP 100 RANKINGS (SINCE 2000):
    Ranked 20th by Earnings - 2013
    Ranked 5th by Earnings - 2012
    Ranked 5th by Earnings - 2011
    Source; Equibase
  • edited February 2017
    Hope we get to see a photo of her sweet filly once everything settles down. I'm sad on many levels, not the least being that RD never got to enjoy mothering a foal.
  • KMM said:

She was euthanized in 08/ 2014 because of of a degenerative stifle condition. Dam was G2 winner and multiple G3 winner, and she produced a lot of black type in her offspring.

I don't know what happened to her son Khozan. He one two races very well in 2015.

Khozan went to stud in 2016.

RIP lovely lady :(