Blame

Blame had his first winner!!!! His little girl, Caval, became Blame's first winner when she won a 5f maiden special weight for 2-yr old fillies by 5 1/2-lengths in :56.78.

Filly First Winner for Freshman Sire Blame
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/85764/filly-first-winner-for-freshman-sire-blame
Congratulations papa Blame.

Note: I noticed that Blame didn't have a discussion in this column, so I decided to add one. Sorry if I missed one already added.

Comments

• Hahaha RR12 i was going to make one also.
  • Conquest Archangel is running June 22nd in a 4 1/2 furlong maiden special weight for fillies at Churchill Downs. She will be ridden by Shaun Bridgmohan. She is trained by Mark Casse and owned by Conquest Stables.
  • Find Fault (Blame - Lucida, by A.P. Indy) (F) $260K KEESEP13; 4F :48.85 (2/36) dirt training; She’s a first foal. The dam won once in 11 tries. She’s a half to G-3 winning turf mare LOVE N' KISS S. This is the female family of Sprint Champ ELLIO, King's Bishop hero GYGISTAR, and multiple graded stakes veteran FLAT FLEET FEET. Despite all of the speed in the third generation of her pedigree, Find Fault is bred to run all day. First crop sire Blame has 1 winner from 5 starters.

• RachelRachel Member
    Dont live up to your name, dont live up to your name...
  • Dont live up to your name, dont live up to your name...
    agreed
  • Don't Blame Me is running July 13th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 5 1/2 furlongs at Los Alamitos. She will be ridden by Elvis Trujillo. She is trained by Kristin Mulhall and owned by Alan S. Kline Revocable Trust.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Ha, i figured someone would name one of his offspring like this lol
  • Conquest Archangel is running July 20th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 5 furlongs at Del Mr. She will be ridden by Victor Espinoza. She is trained by Mark Casse and owned by Conquest Stables LLC.
  • Don't Blame Me a 2 year old filly by Blame out of Forestier will be sold July 20th at the Del Mar Paddock Sale. She is HIP #33
  • edited July 2014
    Hopefully we'll see Blame get firm footing in the industry as a prominant sire. I hold no grudges against him for beating Zenyatta.... He was simply doing what he was told to: run. What I don't understand about some people out there, is they seem to believe that Blame had some personal vendetta against Zenyatta. Maybe his owners did, or his jockey, or his trainer..... But definitely not Blame. The only thing he probably felt about her, was he may have found it curious to have a female in a race for the first time in his career.

Just felt like putting that out there. Sadly, Blame and Zenyatta are too closely related to breed with one another. But I think it proves just how successful the Kris S. line is; the only horse to beat a grandchild of Kris S., was another grandchild of Kris S.
  • Hopefully we'll see Blame get firm footing in the industry as a prominant sire. I hold no grudges against him for beating Zenyatta.... He was simply doing what he was told to: run. What I don't understand about some people out there, is they seem to believe that Blame had some personal vendetta against Zenyatta. Maybe his owners did, or his jockey, or his trainer..... But definitely not Blame. The only thing he probably felt about her, was he may have found it curious to have a female in a race for the first time in his career.

Just felt like putting that out there. Sadly, Blame and Zenyatta are too closely related to breed with one another. But I think it proves just how successful the Kris S. line is; the only horse to beat a grandchild of Kris S., was another grandchild of Kris S.
    I agree RR12. That's probably how the rumor got started on facebook (by a fan made page for Palace Malice) that he had died of colic.
  • On Claiborne's facebook they have posted all of Blame's named colts and fillies. My fav right not is Sage out of a daughter of Tabasco Cat. Good name.
  • Don't Blame Me is running August 2nd in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 5 1/2 furlongs at Del Mar. She will be ridden by Elvis Trujillo. She is trained by Kristin Mulhall and owned by Alan Kline and American Equinestock Racing Inc.
  • edited August 2014
    On Claiborne's facebook they have posted all of Blame's named colts and fillies. My fav right not is Sage out of a daughter of Tabasco Cat. Good name.
    I'll have to go look at the names. I hope someone names a Blame foal "Blame It on the Rain"

• i cant find Claiborne Farm's facebook, its like it doesnt exist
  • Caval is running August 6th in the Sorrento Stakes. She will be ridden by Elvis Trujillo. She is owned by Jerry Hollendorfer and owned by J.W. Singer Inc.
  • Blame Dixie is running August 10th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 5 1/2 furlongs at Saratoga. She will be ridden by John Velazquez. She is trained by Todd Pletcher and owned by Bridlewood Farm and Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners.
  • Onus is running August 10th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 5 1/2 furlongs at Saratoga. She will be ridden by Joel Rosario. She is trained by Shug McGaughey and owned by Stuart Janney III.
  • Seeking Paradise is running August 16th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going one mile on turf at Ellis Park. She will be ridden by Juan Saez. She is trained by Ben Colebrook and owned by Double Infinity Ranch.

• BH_MaidenWatch @BH_MaidenWatch · 57m

Blame Named 2yos Updated: http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/maidenwatch/pages/blame.aspx

• Indict is running August 17th in a maiden special weight for 2 year olds going 6 furlongs at Ellis Park. He will be ridden by Janie Theriot. He is trained by Vickie Foley and owned by Jerry Mauzy.
  • Indict is running August 23rd in a maiden special weight for 2 year olds going 5 1/2 furlongs at Ellis Park. He will be ridden by Calvin Borel. He is trained by Vickie Foley and owned by Jerry Mauzy.