Blame

Comments

• Don't Blame Me is running August 24th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 6 furlongs at Del Mar. She will be ridden by Joe Talamo. She is trained by Kristin Mulhall and owned by Alan Kline.
  • HIP 303 0 13 Summer Symphony/ Blame filly - this filly is out of G3 winner Summer Symphony: https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10641073_779221635432553_899256456073185829_n.jpg
  • HIP 799 - 13 Mighty Frio/ Blame filly, this filly is out of a half sister to G3 placed SW Harmony Hall and from the family of G1 winning producer Lakeway: https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10612660_779221888765861_4645351581505270711_n.jpg
  • Complicated is running August 25th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 1 1/16th miles on turf at Saratoga. She will be ridden by Rosie Napravnik. She is trained by Shug McGaughey and owned by Phipps Stable.
  • Conquest Archangel is running August 30th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 5 1/2 furlongs at Del Mar. She will be ridden by Victor Espinoza. She is trained by Mark Casse and owned by Conquest Stables LLC.
  • Indict is running August 31st in a maiden special weight for 2 year olds going 7 furlongs at Ellis Park. He will be ridden by Juan Saez. He is trained by Vickie Foley and owned by Jerry Mauzy.
  • Seeking Paradise is running September 10th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 6 furlongs on turf at Kentucky Downs. She will be ridden by Juan Saez. She is trained by Ben Colebrook and owned by Double Infinity Ranch.
  • Conquest Archangel (Blame - Hot Attraction by Pulpit) was favored in Race 6 at Del Mar, a 5.5 furlong Maiden Special Weight, passed some late and finished 5th. Call to Congrats (Congrats - Letgomyecho by Menifee) took the race by 2 1/4 lengths

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/maidenwatch/archive/2014/09/06/back-with-a-little-luck.aspx#ixzz3Ck6Ji1Nt
  • Indict (Blame - Sweet Temptress by Malibu Moon) broke slowly in his debut in Race 5 at Ellis Park, a 7 furlong Maiden Special Weight, but came on to win by 1/2 length.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/maidenwatch/archive/2014/09/06/back-with-a-little-luck.aspx#ixzz3Ck6lrw8y
  • Tough N Trashy (Blame - Garden District by Dixie Union) was 3rd in Race 6 at Delaware Park, a 6 furlong Maiden Special Weight, behind Ruby's Escapade (Malibu Moon - Ruby's Prize by Elusive Quality).

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/maidenwatch/archive/2014/09/06/back-with-a-little-luck.aspx#ixzz3Ck7PyNAQ
  • Onus is running September 12th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 6 furlongs at Belmont. She will be ridden by Joel Rosario. She is trained by Shug McGaughey and owned by Stuart Janney III.
  • Redstart is running September 12th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 5 furlongs at Churchill Downs. She will be ridden by Miguel Mena. She is trained by William Bradley and owned by Gunpowder Farms.
  • Don't Blame Me is running September 14th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 5 1/2 furlongs at Los Alamitos. She will be ridden by Martin Pedroza. She is trained by Kristin Mulhall and owned by Alan Kline.
  • Blame Angel is running September 19th in a maiden claiming race for 2 year olds going 6 furlongs at Churchill Downs. He will be ridden by Shaun Bridgmohan. He is trained by Bill Mott and owned by Vince Wilfork.
  • Back Stop is running September 21st in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 6 1/2 furlongs at Belmont. She will be ridden by Irad Ortiz Jr. She is trained by Chad Brown and owned by Robert LaPenta
  • Exaggerated is running September 25th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 5 1/2 furlongs on turf. She will be ridden by Luis Garcia. She is trained by Arnaud Delacour and owned by Lael Stables.
  • Burden is running September 26th in a maiden special weight for 2 year olds going 7 furlongs at Churchill Downs. He will be ridden by Rosie Napravnik. He is trained by Al Stall Jr. and owned by Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider.
  • Don't Blame Me is running September 26th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going one mile at Santa Anita. She will be ridden by Martin Pedroza. She is trained by Kristin Mulhall and owned by Alan Kline.
  • Honest is running September 27th in a maiden claiming race for 2 year olds going 5 Charles Lopez. He is trained by Eddie Plesa Jr. and owned by Trilogy Stable and Laurie Plesa.
  • I love the names of his foals. I have always thought that owners of Blame foals would have a blast naming them.
  • Hollywood Critic is running October 5th in the Grey Stakes for 2 year olds going 1 1/16th miles at Woodbine. He will be ridden by Emma-Jayne Wilson. He is trained by Barbara Minshall and owned by Bruce Lunsford.
  • Another masterpiece from Steve Haskin!
    Haskin:Time to Give Blame His Due
    Steve Haskin Hangin' with Haskin The Blood-Horse Oct. 20 2014
    To most everyone, the 2010 Breeders’ Cup Classic was a punch in the gut, the end of a magical run that brought an eerie hush to the crowd at Churchill Downs. Even after four years, many still find it difficult to watch Zenyatta’s spectacular run from last fall a head short of catching a courageous Blame. Unfortunately, this Classic will always be remembered as the race Zenyatta lost and not the race Blame won. And that is sad.
    http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-racing-steve-haskin/archive/2014/10/20/haskin-time-to-give-blame-his-due.aspx

Excerpt from article:
    Most people do not know the real Blame, nor do they know how talented a horse he really was. Having been involved with horseracing for 47 years and having been close to most of the greats during that period I have to say that Blame was one of the kindest, most intelligent horses I have ever had the pleasure to be around. Looking at those big bright eyes and that slight dish face still brings a smile to my face. But on the racetrack he was a warrior, demonstrating his tenacity and will to win in his victories in the grade I Whitney and Stephen Foster Handicaps, as well as the Breeders’ Cup Classic.

• Thank you, Keta. Of course, I adore Zenyatta and was crushed when she lost to Blame, but never in a million years did I have any hate for Blame. I never understood how he was treated by some and it made me very, very sad for him. Besides, in my opinion, it turned out that this race was the greatest in Zenyatta's career! It really showed her heart and, as Steve Haskin said in another great article about her, it touched all of our souls.
  • Thank you Keta. I agree, another master piece by Steve Haskin.
    I want to add that from where we were sitting many we booing Blame. A family member and I got into a screaming match asking them to please stop booing a horse.
    For anyone interested this is raw footage of one of our trips to Claiborne with Arch (Blame's Sire) , The Late Great Pulpit, Eddington (before leaving for LA) and a very friskey BLAME who thought he was going to cover a mare and .....well the video speaks for itself. Like Mr. Haskin, I found him to be remarkable in person. Still wish he hadn't picked the Breeders' Cup to show what he's made of. In my heart Zenyatta will always be the winner, but I've always felt sorry for Blame got getting the RESPECT he earned.