Untapable

She proves she can handle Big Sandy on saturday in the Mother Goose stakes. Look at those ears, she did it with ease
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/85904/untapable-cruises-by-daylight-in-mother-goose

Comments

• VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited June 2014
    Here"s the race:
    One of the announcers pointed out that she was sharply checked, but easily overcame that and got back into stride, the sign of an adaptable and very good race horse.
    On her way to year end honors, they suggested.
  • Sorry, Rachel. Didn't realize the race video was on the Bloodhorse site you posted.
  • RachelRachel Member
    her pony horse or outrider who brought her back is so huge compared to her lol
  • slewpyslewpy Member
    edited June 2014
    Monster! Freak! Which in horse racing is a good thing. This was how one host on TVG described Untapable. She can choose to run at Saratoga in the Oaks or come here to NJ and face the boys in the Haskell. And guess where I want her to go next.

What a filly!
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited June 2014
    Its in the article on Bloodhorse, it was said she might be looked at for the Haskel. Its being thought about
  • If Untapable's owners are thinking of a campaign for HOY or even top 3yo filly, they'll more than likely have to have her challenge the boys at some point. Sort of a 'Rachel-esque' '09 schedule.
  • slewpyslewpy Member
    Her races against fillies are walk-overs for her. She needs to be challenged and does need to follow in RA's hoofsteps. She could also face the older fillies like the big 3 - Beholder, Close Hatches, and Princess of Sylmar.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    I suspect owners/trainer will be very careful with her....so much bad press earlier this yr....but she is awesome
  • I noticed her pony horse, too, and thought he was huge and beautiful. Too good to be an outrider. Maybe he's a retired racer? Kind of like Lava Man.
  • slewpyslewpy Member
    We know that Asmussen has no problem running fillies against the colts so it must be that the owner has an issue with it. Wonder what that is.
  • Would love to see her face the boys. Hope they change their minds. Awesome filly.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited June 2014
    They are being cautious, this is good. This is what we want in horse racing, you cant just throw a filly in a race and expect her to do well. You need to make sure she is mentally as well as physically ok to handle it. They are carefully picking out her races that suit her and so far it is working out really well, if they can keep it up and everything goes good, Untapable could have a winning streak going on. I personally would LOVE to see her face the boys at one point in her career.
  • Untapable (William Hill: 14-1, Finley: 12-1): With talk of her running in the Haskell she has entered the conversation for Horse of the Year. She'll obviously have to win the Haskell to have any shot and she might have to also win the Breeders' Cup Distaff. Even if she did all that she will need the top contenders to all stub their toes.
  • slewpyslewpy Member
    Another big step toward HOY would be to beat the older big 3 - Beholder, Close Hatches, and Princess of Sylmar - all of whom I think are better than the boys. I really hope she comes to the Haskell. And if she wins that, then maybe it's on to the Woodward. Winning that race propelled both HDG and RA to HOY.
  • From Horse Racing Radio Network facebook: Sherman - I love Untapable, I think that filly's the real McCoy.
  • slewpyslewpy Member
    I started making plans to go to the Haskell yesterday. We'll know for sure she's entered a week from Thursday. Can't wait to see this beauty.
  • Love it! Untapable deserves to be in the company of Rachel Alexandra and Serena's Song. Can't wait!!!!!

• RachelRachel Member
    she is confirmed for Haskell
  • Yay!!! So excited to see her face the boys!
  • RachelRachel Member
    Its not as big a field as i thought it would be. But shes taking on some derby and preakness contenders

Jim Dunleavy @DRFDunleavy
    Haskell -- Untapable, Bayern, Albano, Wildcat Red, Social Inclusion, Medal Count, Irish You Well, Just Call Kenny, Encryption. @MonmouthPark
  • slewpyslewpy Member
    It's a credible field but since CC beat most of them and U is faster than CC, she has a good shot at putting the males away. Depending on the weather, I'm planning to be there.