Tres Borrachos

Tres Borrachos is running July 5th in an allowance optional claiming race at Los Alamitos. He is entered for a tag of $40,000. He is a 9 year old gelding by Ecton Park. His last race was May 22nd in a claiming race where he finished next to last. He needs to be retired before he is hurt or worse.

Comments

• QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited July 2014
    Here is his equibase profile (http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=7440353&registry=T) He has won over $1 million in earnings.
  • ediedickensonediedickenson Member
    edited July 2014
    Tres Borrachos is a nine-year-old gelding who won over one million dollars. He so deserves better than this! His owners George Hicker and Button Stable should be ashamed of themselves. This brave gelding was a multiple graded stakes winner!
    edited July 2014
    @ediedickenson I agree! Should a facebook page be made to help get the word out also?
  • That is a good idea, QueenZFan22. It can only help this brave horse.
  • Wow. 50 starts? When will enough be good enough for his owners. Retirement is definitely what this champ needs.
  • That is a good idea, QueenZFan22. It can only help this brave horse.
    Ok I messaged you @ediedickenson so we can talk about it.
  • Tres Borrachos is running July 5th in an allowance optional claiming race at Los Alamitos. he is entered for a $40,000 tag. He will be ridden by Drayden Van Dyke. He is trained by Martin Jones and owned by Hicker or Button Stable.
  • JanDJanD Member
    On DRF today it says he is nearing his retirement. Hopefully, it will be after the race on July 5th.
  • Oh I sure hope so! That is good news, JanD!
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited July 2014
    Steve Andersen @DRFAndersen
    The 9yo Tres Borrachos is 3-1 to win Saturday's 3rd, an optional claimer. He must run well to keep racing, trainer Marty Jones said. #losal

this may be the only time i am hoping a horse LOSES in order to be retired. Heres to hoping that if he loses he WILL be retired :/ cuz that doesnt sound good at all. Must run well to keep racing? like they dont want him to stop racing?
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited July 2014
    Tres Borrachos has finished 2nd. He ran a good second though, coming up to nip a tiring #3 horse at the finish line.

Tres will keep on running....i assume considering how good he finished :(
  • JanDJanD Member
    I know Rachel, I was yelling slow down Tres, I so didn't want him to win so maybe he would be retired.
  • Has anyone heard anything about him?
  • Alan French ‏@AlanFrench1 · 1m
    Tres Borrachos is in a claiming race at Del Mar on Saturday. He's won a Grade II race and earned over $1 million. Why is he in a claimer?

edited August 2014
    Alan French ‏@AlanFrench1 · 1m
    Tres Borrachos is in a claiming race at Del Mar on Saturday. He's won a Grade II race and earned over $1 million. Why is he in a claimer?
  • Alan French ‏@AlanFrench1 · 27m
    Why not just retire Tres Borrachos?

• RachelRachel Member
    edited August 2014
    His trainer or owner said that in his last race he needed to run well to keep racing. Poor Tres.....he still tries but hes been running for years
  • From what I read and think I understand he was "retired" in August 2013 and sent to rehab, then started training again in Feb 2014. Last race was a claiming race on 5/22/14 at SA, he came in 5th. Trainer now listed as Martin Jones not Michael Puhich. Race today is a $32,000 claimer being ridden by R. Bejarano. With 40+ starts and 1 million + in earnings he deserves retirement.
  • He came in third...
  • as long as he still comes in the money, he will race
  • Tres is such a courageous horse, but I also think it's time for him to be retired. He's been a credit to the sport and I hope when he's actually retired he goes to Old Friends or a similar facility where he can relax and be loved. Or maybe he can be re-trained to do some other job at the track. Look at what Lava Man and Kinsale King have achieved since their retirement.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Its sounds a lot like his people are leaving it up to him. if he does well he can continue.....if he does...he retires....
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Its sounds a lot like his people are leaving it up to him. if he does well he can continue.....if he does not...he retires....
  • The thing is though, he doesnt race frequently.