im so very excited and i just can't wait.....so i had to spill the news on here

im going to be getting a horse!!!!!

Comments

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    congratulations....what kind of horse are you considering...
  • RachelRachel Member
    My dream! Has once again come true for someone else LOL Congratulations!
  • thanks and I hope your dream comes true Rachel someday.....I had to wait 25 years.......and carolinakansas im thinking of a mare but not sure about what is the breed yet...but maybe a thoroughbred or even a quarter horse
  • Congratulations. Keep us posted. Some of us are forced to experience such miracles vicariously. Where will you keep your horse? Will s/he have to be boarded, or can you keep a horse on your own property? So exciting.
  • thanks VA_in_CA and I will and I was thinking if I know someone who boards horses I would be working as a stable hand or if not then get a place that has a stable and pastures..but first before I do get my horse I have to sell my American girl dolls I have had and also the clothes for them and a hair brush and a hair pick and also the books.....and the other dolls I have..
  • thanks and I hope your dream comes true Rachel someday.....I had to wait 25 years.......and carolinakansas im thinking of a mare but not sure about what is the breed yet...but maybe a thoroughbred or even a quarter horse
    maybe an Ariabian or arabian mix, they are a wonderful and beautiful breed, great for first time horse owners. my cousin owns a Arabian Quarter horse mix, which I'm sure is part appaloosa since its spotted, but she is gorgeous. very pretty and very kind, had no problem with a 3 year old who i was babysitting that day. whatever breed you get i wish you good luck, and hope you make the right choice :)
  • Arabians are beautiful
  • Congratulations! I got my first horse just a couple weeks ago and I'm so happy for you!!!
  • thanks Horselover24
  • RachelRachel Member
    my aunt had 2 Haflingers and a Quarter Horse. Haflingers have cushy butts that make for great bareback riding LOL
  • I also like quarter horses and haflingers are cute
  • Oh how lucky you are! I've wanted a horse for so long... But was never able to get one. Sad. Because I'm certain I could save some lives. My favorites are the really BIG horses... Like Belgians, Clydesdales, and Shires. Something about them I just adore.
  • cigarcigar Member
    Arabians are awesome.
  • Oh how lucky you are! I've wanted a horse for so long... But was never able to get one. Sad. Because I'm certain I could save some lives. My favorites are the really BIG horses... Like Belgians, Clydesdales, and Shires. Something about them I just adore.
    I saw a bumper sticker that said, "Ride a Draft. It makes your butt look smaller."

I saw a bumper sticker that said, "Ride a Draft. It makes your butt look smaller."

haha, lol i definitely want that sticker
  • You have to give consideration to the activities you want to share with your horse. I had a QH; they're SO versatile. My sister worked on an Arabian ranch. Those horses are not only spectacularly beautiful and also quite versatile. My brother in law had a half arab he was training for endurance riding.
  • I so want the sticker and I think the breed im going to get is a quarter horse..
  • RachelRachel Member
    im excited for you, quarter horses are really good horses
  • thanks and the name is going to be Bella's Irish Pixie Dust.
  • RachelRachel Member
    aww thats a pretty name
  • That is a pretty name.

What kind of riding do you do?
  • edited July 2014
    I started in western riding then changed to English riding..but that was several years ago..but then quit cause of the horse I was riding was biting and kicking..... which was a mistake I made cause my family thought I was scared.....or would grow out of my love for horses..
  • I started in western riding then changed to English riding..but that was several years ago..but then quit cause of the horse I was riding was biting and kicking..... which was a mistake I made cause my family thought I was scared.....or would grow out of my love for horses..
    The same reasons my family wants me to quit lol
  • im not getting a horse im getting two horses!!! omg.....