Lexie Lou

This Canadian 3 yr-old filly is one to watch. She beat the boys convincingly today in the Queens Plate.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoroughbred-racing/lexie-lou-beats-the-boys-in-queens-plate/

Comments

• KetaKeta Member
    Ray Paulick ‏Sunday July 6, 2014
    Lexie Lou (3yo filly by @AdenaSprings Canada's Sligo Bay) takes #QueensPlate for owner Gary Barber. First Plate for trainer Mark Casse.

Tom Hall
    In Canada, Lexie Lou, 3yo f by Sligo Bay (Sadler's Wells)
    o/o In Excess mare Oneexcessivenite, won the Queen's Plate

Michele MacDonald Sunday July 6, 2014
    Queens Plate winner another great story for racing: Lexie Lou, filly
    who cost only $5,576 as yearling, beats the boys in Canada's classic

Bradley Weisbord ‏ Sunday July 6, 2014
    Congrats to great owner Gary Barber and top trainer Mark Casse
    who both deserve this huge Queens Plate win.
    Both give so much to the game.

Jude Feld Sunday July 6, 2014
    The Barbados jockey's room just went nuts!
    Homie Patrick Husbands takes the Queen's Plate on the filly Lexie Lou. #MarkCasse #GaryBarber
  • RachelRachel Member
    i find it very funny considering how much she cost and that she beat We Miss Artie among other good colts.

The girls are coming....
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited July 2014
    Casse Gets Queen's Plate With Filly Lexie Lou
    By Jack Shinar The Blood-Horse July 6, 2014
    Six-time Sovereign Award-winning trainer Mark Casse earned an elusive first victory in the $1 million Queen's Plate (VIDEO), Canada's most famous race, when his filly Lexie Lou came from off the pace to score by 1 1/2 lengths July 6 at Woodbine.
    "I've been following the Queen's Plate since I was a little boy and so to finally win it, I just pinch myself," Casse said. "I thought we'd win it sooner or later. I knew I wasn't going to give up."
    Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/86046/casse-gets-queens-plate-with-filly-lexie-lou#ixzz36kN9bVxS
    Race Replay Video in article

• KetaKeta Member
    Before winning the Queen's Plate, Lexie Lou won the Woodbine Oaks

Lexie Lou Impresses in Woodbine Oaks
    By Ron Mitchell The Blood-Horse June 15, 2014
    Gary Barber's Lexie Lou outran stablemate Wild Catomine to score an impressive victory in the $500,000 Woodbine Oaks Presented by Budweiser (VIDEO) at Woodbine June 15, as 1-2 favorite Paladin Bay finished off the board in the 1 1/8-mile test on Polytrack.
    Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/85703/lexie-lou-impresses-in-woodbine-oaks#ixzz36kP7V0G3
    Race Replay Video in article
  • KetaKeta Member
    Queen's Plate Video
  • RachelRachel Member
    oh i loved this race! im totally putting it in the videos that make you laugh or put a smile on your face! the jockey's celebration upon crossing the wire was just great haha. Love it...a filly to show the boys up in the Queen's Plate. I have never seen that before.
  • RachelRachel Member
    I have to say this is probably the best winning Jockey's picture i have ever seen, it makes me laugh every time i see it. I love it
    http://cdn.bloodhorse.com/images/content/LexieLou2QueensPlate2014MB298.jpg
  • I watched Lexie take the Plate too. Just amazing considering she had a short break between the big races. Congrats to all her connections and I hope she came out of these in good order. BC races coming up before you know it!
  • KetaKeta Member
    Lexie Lou wins the 155th Running of the Queen's Plate
    Louie Sorella Published on Jul 6, 2014
  • Lexie Lou might be running at the Del mar meet since trainer Mark Casse will have horses there.
  • Ron Gierkink @DRFGierkink
    Lexie Lou heads the Wonder Where Stakes Sunday, when Winning Prize will meet Kaigun and Something Extra in the G2 Play the King. #Woodbine
  • Lexie Lou is running August 10th in the Wonder Where Stakes. She will be ridden by Patrick Husbands. She is trained by Mark Casse and owned by Gary Barber..
  • Ron Gierkink @DRFGierkink
    2-5 favorite Lexie Lou won the $250K Wonder Where Stakes comfortably over front-running Skylander Girl. #Woodbine

Ron Gierkink @DRFGierkink
    Owner Gary Barber said Lexie Lou will likely make her next start on turf, possibly in the QE II at Keeneland or the E.P. Taylor. #Woodbine
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited August 2014
    The Blood-Horse Race Results & VIDEO REPLAY
    Wonder Where Stakes
    Race 9 at Woodbine on August 10, 2014
    Lexie Lou is winner!
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/CAN/WO/2014/8/10/9/wonder-where-s
  • Nothing seems to matter to this filly - running on dirt, running against the males, running on grass, running against the girls. She wins the same way.
  • Lexie Lou is running September 14th in the Canadian Stakes. She will be ridden by Patrick Husbands. She is trained by Mark Casse and owned by Gary Barber.
  • Lexie Lou Takes On Elders in Canadian
    By Evan Hammonds The Blood-Horse September 12, 2014
    Gary Barber's Lexie Lou, who has run her way through the 3-year-old Canadian-bred competition, steps out to take on older rivals Sept. 14 in the Canadian Stakes (Can-IIT) at Woodbine. The nine-furlong Canadian is part of a deep racing card at Woodbine featuring the Ricoh Woodbine Mile (Can-IT).
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/87342/lexie-lou-takes-on-elders-in-canadian
  • Watched the race today and it was a very disappointing effort for Lexie. But more to the point, does anyone know if she's okay. She wasn't really pulled up but backed up during the race to last and was eased but did finish.

The winner Deceptive Vision, though, is an exquisite filly out of A. P. Indy and I'm happy she won if Lexie had to lose.
  • I heard on twitter someone saying Lexie Lou bled; however, I believe that's just speculation. A lot of people did wonder if she was okay, but no word about anything officially.
  • It was her first time on turf but she was doing good for most of the race until the top of the stretch when she backed out of it suddenly. Jockey never pulled on the reins or whipped her, just let her back herself out. Idk what happened
  • I just hope she's OK.
  • Lexie Lou Looms Large in Autumn Miss
    HorseRacingNation.com October 22, 2014
    A winner versus males of Canada’s prestigious $1 million Queen’s Plate Stakes July 6, trainer Mark Casse’s Lexie Lou looms large in Saturday’s Grade III, $100,000 Autumn Miss Stakes at Santa Anita. In what shapes up as one of the best betting races of the current meeting, the Autumn Miss has attracted a wide-open field of 10 sophomore fillies at one mile on turf.
    A four-time Canadian-bred stakes winner, Lexie Lou followed her win in the mile and a quarter (Polytrack) Queen’s Plate with a mile and a quarter turf win in the Canadian-bred Wonder Where Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 10. Idle since running a distant last as the 3-2 favorite in Woodbine’s Grade II Canadian Stakes Sept. 14, the daughter of Sligo Bay will be trying a mile for the first time in the Autumn Miss.
    http://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Lexie_Lou_Looms_Large_in_Autumn_Miss_123
  • Happy she is racing here but this means she won't be in the BC if she races Sat.