Stalking the Great Cigar!

Post Cigar sightings here!

Here is the address of Cigar's webcam:

http://www.kywebcams.com/index.php?cam=9

As of now, April 5, 4:19 pm EDT, he is OUT!!

Comments

• My cousin works there as a volunteer.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Was just watching him....still moves pretty quickly
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    They would line up around the block....or should
  • Unfortunately,Pati, Cigar never had any fertility. Shortly after he retired from racing, he was checked for fertility, and it was found that he was infertile. So, no little Cigarillos prancing around the paddock. I would have loved to see a foal by Cigar. He is a great racehorse. Check out the video of his Breeder's Cup Classic race in the slop. You won't believe it. He was on a 14 race winning streak, and out to break Citation's record of 16 consecutive wins, but it was not to be. He lost at Del Mar, and the streak was over. Listen to the race callers words as Cigar crosses the finish line first. Makes me cry every time I listen to them. I love Cigar, he is wonderful!
  • For the record, as he crossed the finish line first in the BCC, the announcer said, "and here he is - the indomitable, invincible, unbeatable CIGAR". Gives you chills. I think the announcer was Tom Durkin; the absolute best of the best! It was a great race. I hope everyone looks at the video. Shows you something of Cigar's ability. Jockey up that day was Jerry Bailey
  • I can't seem to find the Cigar webcam. Can anyone help me?
  • edited April 2012
    I can't seem to find the Cigar webcam. Can anyone help me?
    There's a link at the top of the thread.
    For the record, as he crossed the finish line first in the BCC, the announcer said, "and here he is - the indomitable, invincible, unbeatable CIGAR". Gives you chills. I think the announcer was Tom Durkin; the absolute best of the best! It was a great race. I hope everyone looks at the video. Shows you something of Cigar's ability. Jockey up that day was Jerry Bailey
    Yup, that was Durkin.
  • cigarcigar Member
    Ii love Cigar,that is why I chose his name. What a shame he is infertile. Great horse.
  • mucker4evamucker4eva Member
    edited April 2012
    I will never forget, seeing the trailer for Cigar pass me in Va one year. I had just driven onto the exit ramp,curved around and came onto 270, I believe.
    Well, there he goes down the other side, going south. I went gaga. Everyone in the car was????????? I literally had to pull over and explain what had just happened.

His trailer was gorgeous. He was pictured on the side of it, in full stride. I still get chills just thinking about it and I still LOVE that I saw just his trailer!!!! Simple pleasures for sure.
    Thanks for the cam. It will be nice to see this great friend.

Oh my,this is at the park,what fun. I went this summer and had the best time w/ Funnycide. He was trying to play Mr.Cool and kept peeking out of a window, eyes only showing. Too Funny. What a day we had playing and seeing him. What a jokester he was that day.
  • Yes, I went to the link, and I still couldn't find it.
  • Yes, I went to the link, and I still couldn't find it.
    This is the link. It is the correct one. I just tried it.

There should be a small window in the center of your screen, It says "Lexington Kentucky/Kentucky Horse Park." The view is of Cigar's paddock. It's a still camera. Cigar is not always visible. Sometimes he is not out, and sometimes he is out of camera range. Try refreshing if you don't see him.
  • I was lucky enought to see Cigar's last race at Woodbine. I couldn't take my eyes off him when he was in the paddock. He was so special and he knew it! I have visited him twice at the Horse Park and he is always on the muscle. One of my favorites at the Horse Park is "Da Hoss". What a charmer he is! He loves people.
  • I was lucky enought to see Cigar's last race at Woodbine. I couldn't take my eyes off him when he was in the paddock. He was so special and he knew it! I have visited him twice at the Horse Park and he is always on the muscle. One of my favorites at the Horse Park is "Da Hoss". What a charmer he is! He loves people.
    He's out!!!! Enjoying a nice sunny am.

I saw Da Hoss too. Yes indeed, a charmer for sure. He was rolling around in his fluffy bed of straw and would turn his head around and peek.
    Those big guys REALLY put on the show.
  • lauraj_cincinnati: Thanks for the additional description. I guess I'm just not lucky. All I ever seem to see is a few parked cars.
  • lauraj_cincinnati: Thanks for the additional description. I guess I'm just not lucky. All I ever seem to see is a few parked cars.
    Keep trying. You'll see him eventually.

Note that this time of year, the Hall of Champions Show is at 10:15 and 1:15 EDT, so he will be indoors around those times.
    I usually find him either early am or mid to late afternoon.....
  • I have the neighbors stalking him now.
    Since I am sick w/ this nasty tick bite,stalking is highly addictive.

Yes, I saw him grazing late evening. So beautiful, the sun was setting,just lovely.
    Cigar,tell Funny I say peek-a boo!!!!
    edited April 2012
    HE IS OUT...JUST NOW
  • mucker4evamucker4eva Member
    edited April 2012
    He is out!!!! Moving all over the place too.

Did you know, if you double click the photo that first appears,that will enlarge it. Makes for better viewing!!!! Makes it easier to spy on him.Plus it will give a new update automatically every few mins.
  • Tuesday, April 10, 4:15 pm EDT--he's out!
  • MaxMax Member
    @LauraJ. I am not certain why, but I love to watch Cigar. Thanks for the heads up.
  • cigarcigar Member
    Had the website up all day, and did not see Cigar. Maybe he came out and dashed to the corner out of camera range!
  • He's OUT!!!
    Missed his sunshine today.
  • Post Cigar sightings here!

Here is the address of Cigar's webcam:

As of now, April 5, 4:19 pm EDT, he is OUT!!
    Thanks for posting the web cam link! I've tried to find it several times. I love that Cigar!