2014 Del Mar Paddock Sale.

The 2014 Del Mar Paddock aside will be held July 20th at the Del Mar Paddock. The sale will start 20 minutes after the final race for the day becomes official.

Comments

• RachelRachel Member
    ive got major red flags on this sale!

Shemp, a 2 year old by Curlin was set to make her debut for trainer Doug O' Neil, she was scratched however due to unsoundness on 7/13/14. Now all the sudden hes going to give her up? what is up with that?! and Rum Point is in this sale......along with Shh She's Ours who flipped in the saddling paddock at Los Al but was okay over the weekend. What in the world is going on here???
  • RachelRachel Member
    here is how i know....this is the online CHRB Vet List

* BATTLE JET T 7/13/2014 UNSOUND METZ, JEFF (CLAIM/VOID) CSFC
    HALO LA T 7/13/2014 SICK LAGE, A LATL
    KANDZARI T 7/13/2014 SICK HOLLENDORFER, J CSFC
    LAND OF THE FREE T 7/13/2014 SICK MARTIN, JOHN CSFC
    SHEMP T 7/13/2014 UNSOUND ONEILL LATL
    * SOUL SAVER T 7/13/2014 UNSOUND THOMAS, J (CLAIM/VOID) CSFC
    TERRITORIAL T 7/13/2014 SICK MCCANNA, T CSFC
    * THUNDER FOOT T 7/13/2014 UNSOUND JIMENEZ, JOSE LAQL
    WARREN'S TYLER S. T 7/13/2014 SICK AMESCUA, R CSFC
    * ACCEPTABLE HENNA T 7/12/2014 BLED (1) ON LIST 2 WEEKS MINIMUM SAN JUAN, L CSFC
    BRIGHT OCEAN T 7/12/2014 INJURED AGUIRRE LATL
    * CAPTAIN HADLEY T 7/12/2014 INJURED PITNICK, B CSFC
    * DOUBLEDEESONTHETEE T 7/12/2014 UNSOUND LAGE LATL
    * FRIENDLY HAYS T 7/12/2014 UNSOUND SIRIN LATL
    * MADDIE MOO T 7/12/2014 UNSOUND DELIMA, C CSFC
    * MAZAMA SUNRISE T 7/12/2014 SICK KENNEY, R CSFC
    MOUTAIN YODLER T 7/12/2014 UNSOUND NOLAN, B CSFC
    * MY T QUICK T 7/12/2014 SICK DIAZ, A. L. CSFC
    * SHU BIZ DANNY T 7/12/2014 UNSOUND MELTON, LIN LAQL
    ALITTLETOOFABULOUS T 7/11/2014 SICK POWELL LATL
    * BABY BLAKE T 7/11/2014 INJURED AVALOS, J LATL
    FRENCH DYNASTY T 7/11/2014 UNSOUND MCDANIEL, W CSFC
    * HER LUCKY SPIRIT T 7/11/2014 SICK FANNING LATL
    * MELANZANA T 7/11/2014 SICK DELIMA, C CSFC
    * MIDNIGHT MAYHEM T 7/11/2014 SICK BALTAS LATL
    * PASS THE PICO T 7/11/2014 UNSOUND CANANI, JULIO LAQL
    PREVARICATOR T 7/11/2014 SICK KRULJAC LATL
    * TAYLOR'S JOURNEY T 7/11/2014 UNSOUND AGUAYO, VERNON LAQL
    * TIGER CAT T 7/11/2014 UNSOUND HOWEY, QUINN CSFC
    TRICKY LIZ T 7/11/2014 INJURED CAMPUZANO, L LATL
    YAHOOTEE T 7/11/2014 UNSOUND HARRINGTON, M LATL
    * BOLD DECISION T 7/10/2014 INJURED MACHOWSKY LATL
    CHARANDO T 7/8/2014 MEDICATION WICKER (60 DAYS) LATL
  • RachelRachel Member
    and now Handsome Mike is in this sale! WTF DOUG O' NEIL! =(( I am just shocked
  • RachelRachel Member
    and 2 year old Blame filly, Dont Blame Me, is being sold =| she ran very well in her last race
  • RachelRachel Member
    not to mention Heir Kitty is also in this sale
  • Shemp is a boy. Also, "unsound" doesn't mean he's crippled. He might just have been a little sore that day. If he's not walking well by the time of the sae, then he'll be scratched.

It's not up to the trainer whether to consign a horse to a sale. It's up to the owners. There are many reasons to consign a horse--dispersal of an estate, dissolving a partnership, making money, finding a new situation for a horse that doesn't fit the owners' ambitions, breeding plans, preferred racing style, or who is just one horse too many, etc.

And it's not like this is New Holland. It's Barretts. These horses will all be sold with reserves and probably for a pretty penny.
  • RachelRachel Member
    I never said he was crippled. Its just alarming to think an injured horse who had a fan base going on due to a long awaited debut is now up for grabs :/ its the fact O'Neil makes his barn open to the public in person and online. We get updates on these horses and develop a bond with them then find this out. Plus a Curlin colt to boot
  • RachelRachel Member
    I hope the bew trainer, if it gets one, takes good care of him. Cuz i know he was loved in O'Neil's barn
  • RachelRachel Member
    Heir Kitty was sold to Japan and will be going there to become a broodmare
  • Maybe she'll get to visit IHA.
  • RachelRachel Member
    I wish i could find out about the other horses in the sale. They dont have a results page for this sale :/
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    just a thought....owners sell the horses...not trainers..right
  • Heir Kitty was sold to Japan and will be going there to become a broodmare
    Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/86296/grade-i-winner-heir-kitty-tops-del-mar-sale#ixzz38A2aLPCe
  • @bigherbie here is the discussion for Heir Kitty
  • Carolinarkansas...I would think that owners, at the very least, have to approve a sale and sign transfer papers. A trainer is like an agent/manager; they might be the one to arrange a sale.
  • The Doug O’Neill stable did not want to lose its Pennsylvania Derby winner Handsome Mike, but a mix-up put him in the sales ring at Del Mar last Sunday night with a price on his head before the people in charge figured it out
  • RachelRachel Member
    This comes from an article on DRF that is mainly about the loss of Dance With Fate
    The Doug O’Neill stable did not want to lose its Pennsylvania Derby winner Handsome Mike, but a mix-up put him in the sales ring at Del Mar last Sunday night with a price on his head before the people in charge figured it out
  • So I'm confused? Did Handsome Mike go through the ring then? That would suck if you sold a horse by mistake but at the same time how do you not notice the mistake before he sells?
  • So I'm confused? Did Handsome Mike go through the ring then? That would suck if you sold a horse by mistake but at the same time how do you not notice the mistake before he sells?
    I think don't so? He is entered to run tomorrow in the San Diego Handicap and his owners are still listed as Reddam Racing LLC.
  • How do you accidently enter a horse in a sale?