Real Life Pets

Comments

• I wish no dogs ended up being agressive :(
  • I am glad that we haven't had to put down Hooch when he as acting that way cause I would of regretted it he has became one of the best dogs ever even if he won't live that much longer since Dogue de Bordeaux's don't live that long they usually live 5-8 years and Hooch is 6 so I have a few more years with him hopefully
  • CC1121, I'm glad your dog is coming home! And Rachel, Senaks, and Captainsmistress, so sorry about your dogs. Thanks to each of you for doing the right and responsible thing!
  • Thanks @Horselover24 so am I actually at this moment I just got home from a band competition a few minutes ago and Hooch decided that he was going to be the first dog on my bed and jumped up on my bed and is now laying with me
  • A dash here.. a zip there.. and this is all I could capture on the camera of 2 rambunctious creatures known as 5 year old boy and 6 month old kitten. The puppy is the mellow one!

photo image_zps33a8c39d.jpg
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    lol- we call that "race n chase" at our house... only it's between the cats
  • Or...you could set your camera to action mode which automatically takes several frames in rapid succession...one would surely come out. :oD I don't know about smart phones however, if they can also be set...I think not but I may be wrong.
  • CC1121, I'm glad your dog is coming home! And Rachel, Senaks, and Captainsmistress, so sorry about your dogs. Thanks to each of you for doing the right and responsible thing!
    I second that. I only wish my neighbor's son had the same mindset as the three of you. He has a pit bull named Ice that -from the stories he and his girlfriend tells- is aggressive. They had another pit bull named Beauty that had puppies, and Ice almost killed her because of the puppies. But instead of getting rid of Ice, they got rid of Beauty. Then to top it all off, they bred Ice without getting any sort of tests done on either of the dogs to make sure they weren't going to pass down any genetic abnormalities.
  • I just wanted to let you guys know Miranda's dog Capone her 7 year old Irish Wolfhound is not doing good she adopted him 6 months ago today (she adopted him from the shelter on March 29th) so please keep him in your prayers
  • Seven is old for an American bred Irish Wolfhound, poor guy.
  • Yes it is he turned 7 about 3 months ago but the average life span is 7 but they can live from 6-10 years
  • And the foreign bred Wolfhounds average 12-14 years.
  • yes they do my cousin Miranda is kind of scared but Capone has always been healthy so I have a feeling that he will be fine but you never know with dogs
  • A late update on Miranda's dog Capone her 7 year old Irish Wolfhound, sadly they had to put Capone down because he actually got cancer in a few spots in his body but mainly because he actually got osteosarcoma which is an aggressive type of bone cancer. That was a week ago, Miranda and her family want another Irish Wolfhound so if anyone knows of one please let me know so I can tell her.
  • I am actually fostering two horses that have been abused, I have been fostering them for about almost 2 months the male's name is Comanche and the female's name is Belle, Comanche they are guessing is a Belgian Draft Horse mixed with some type of gaited horse breed he is 12 years old and Belle they are guessing is a Andalusian mixed with some type of gaited horse breed as well she is 8 years old I believe
  • Hey guys, think good thoughts for my Dobie boy Daniel. He goes into surgery tomorrow for the removal of a lung tumor.
  • Thinking of you and Daniel, @lauraj_cincinnati I'm having some problems with some sick dogs too, though much more minor than a tumor, but I know how it is to worry about our fur babies. Please keep us posted. <3
  • edited November 2014
    Hey guys, think good thoughts for my Dobie boy Daniel. He goes into surgery tomorrow for the removal of a lung tumor.
    I am hoping that your Dobie Daniel will be okay and will be home soon. We have a dobie down the road who is going into surgery tomorrow was well but she has to get plates and screws in her right hind leg she got out of her pin and was kicked by one of the horses next to her house, the horses that live next door to her owners house aren't use to dogs and so one of them got spooked and kicked her, She is use to being around horses since her owners have some and she is always in the pin with them but they are use to her so she doesn't bother them. I talked to the owner a couple days ago when they came back from the vets (it happened two days ago) and she said that Zina dug a hole under the fence and got out. Anyways I hope that Daniel gets out of surgery good.
  • Hey guys, think good thoughts for my Dobie boy Daniel. He goes into surgery tomorrow for the removal of a lung tumor.
    Hey guys, think good thoughts for my Dobie boy Daniel. He goes into surgery tomorrow for the removal of a lung tumor.
    How did Daniel's surgery go? I am hoping that it went well.
    LauraJ -
    Hope all went well. Such a difficult time for you.
    This is when it is hard being a pet parent. Sending loving thoughts & prayers
    Keta

CaliforniaChrome1121 you said:
    "We have a dobie down the road who is going into surgery tomorrow was well"
    CC1121. now I haven't been on this Discussion before or posted here,
    but this is one of the most amazing coincidences I have read.
    Two dogs of the same breed going into surgery on the same day.
    And, it is surprising how much you know about the injury and surgery
    (might want to check-don't think they will use a plate in a dobie's hip).
    In this neighborhood, news like that would take days to get around and
    we don't have paddocks/pastures for horses.
    Interesting
    Keta

LauraJ -
    Keta

Interesting
    Keta

Great catch, Keta. Funny how coincidences seem to spring up around certain people more often

LauraJ -
    Keta

Interesting
    Keta

The owners are family friends so that is why I know a lot about the surgery and plus I job shadowed at a vets clinic
  • Thanks all for the support. Daniel is out of surgery. The procedure was straightforward. The surgeon removed a 2-lb mass from his left lung. She didn't see any other lesions, enlarged lymph nodes, or other signs of trouble. Hopefully it will turn out to be a benign tumor. Even if it's not, things look good going forward. One thing's for sure--he is already able to breathe more easily. She says he's heavily doped up now and will be at least until tomorrow morning.
  • Best of luck lauraj with Daniel.
  • Speedy recovery to Daniel - dogs heal amazingly fast - i'm sure he'll be begging for treats in no time :)