Beholder

Comments

• Beholder and Zenyatta Mash-Up:
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited September 2015
    Beholder's Trek to Greatness:
  • I completely forgot about the KY Oaks drama!
  • simply...
    Amazing.
  • Didn't a commentator use that for Z in BC win, probably more than once. K:) She is amazing!
  • Take a stand against litter. Have a take and dont suck. find a way to script...it`s a short walk to greatness and a long walk to hell.
  • Embrace greatness.
  • RACE REPLAY/ANALYSIS: 2015 Zenyatta Stakes Featuring Beholder:
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited September 2015
    Have no clue what you are talking about Tincup, and she is up in my ranks to equal with Z. Did not mean to diminish in any way, her accomplishments. Just funning with you, your choice of accolades. She may even set a record time in BC if she stays sound and healthy.:)
  • She is my vote for Horse of the Year!
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    edited September 2015
    Love what a smart, instinctive race mare she is. She knows just as well as Gary where her competition is and what she needs to do and win. Would love to see her win the BCC!
  • Sorry, AmP is still Horse of the Year. Not one horse in 37 years did what he did. Too bad Ms Beholder is going so strong because she is right up there and is probably a better athlete and competitor than he is.

Do they ever have CO-HOY?
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited September 2015
    She is evidently a tough, but very professional mare to handle. She knows her job, she is big and competitive. I think she can beat AP. She may be 17 hands. The Santa Anita weather looked to be really hot. In the race replay, she looked really sweaty, and groom combed out her mane before winning photo shot.
  • If they are both in BC classic, and she beats him? Toss of the dice.
  • You maybe right. But if she wins, my vote still goes for her.
  • Drf said 102.
    I thought she looked very cool... not sweaty at all.
    Of course, they doused her with water after the race to get the dirt off before the photo taking.
    I am NOT an AmP fan. In fact, I like him better now that he's lost to another 3 year old.
    I AM a Beholder fan.
    But you can't take away what his accomplishment this year. Just the scope of that makes him HOY even if she is the better horse otherwise.
  • Sorry, AmP is still Horse of the Year. Not one horse in 37 years did what he did. Too bad Ms Beholder is going so strong because she is right up there and is probably a better athlete and competitor than he is.
    Not so fast my friend.....
    It has happened. A three year old triple crown winner losing the H.O.Y. I`ll do a search later. One thing to consider is Bafferts unwillingness to face older. Got no choice next. Race or don't and maybe lose it to a filly that will...will...will run his ass to the ground.
    Play and see. play and dance. stay home and make noise.
    This little ,big filly is on the verge of history and will be written in the pages with Zenyatta. For now and then and ever.
    Do they ever have CO-HOY?
    Yes they can, but they won't.

• I can't imagine in a million years American Pharoah not getting HOY. I love Beholder, but I don't see how that could possibly happen.

Remember the year Zenyatta won the Classic against the boys, many wanted Zenny and Rachel to get co-HOY? It didn't happen then and doubt it would happen now.
  • Given the choice to have one of them (Ms B and AmP,) I'd take her every time.
  • If...if, if if..The Pharo puts his junk on the line against the beauty or the beast, he`ll be going home a little less manish, Baffert is looking for an excuse to pull the first triple in 37 and see`s nowhere to go. To wit...the boy has yet to face older.

Beholder would have ran him into an office and coach in the pac. and will emasculate the poor boy if he rans in the BC. Best bet?....they will not go on works.....
  • Given the choice to have one of them (Ms B and AmP,) I'd take her every time.
    Absolutely, me too!

• Me Absolutely! Think she is a step above!
  • Discovery
  • I absolutely see Baffert/Zayat finding a bone bruise if B is entered in the Classic. Since she has free entries to both the Classic and the Distaff, Hughes/Mandella should enter her in both and not pull her from one or the other until the last possible second. I say force the issue. MAKE B/Z stand up and be counted. Baffert most definitely does not want a repeat of his Sarasota experience... he knew in his heart of hearts he should not run there and he didn't/couldn't talk Z out of it. But this time around, I think both of them are going to be willing to immediately retire to the breeding shed rather than get fubred themselves. THEY will see themselves as emasculated. AmP won't mind at all... and neither will the people looking to breed to him.