Beholder

Comments

• Maybe as much as Havre de Grace, what was it? 10 Million?
    Nah. HdG was Horse of the Year at the time. Probably closer to where Plum Pretty went.
  • Beholder strong enough in Zenyatta Stakes--RACE REPLAY
    By Brad Free Daily Racing Form Sept. 27 2014
    ARCADIA, Calif. – Beholder did not need a brilliant performance Saturday in the Grade 1 Zenyatta Stakes at Santa Anita to move toward the Breeder’s Cup.
    All she needed was to run well. Mission accomplished.
    http://www.drf.com/news/beholder-strong-enough-zenyatta-stakes
  • Good race. Beholder runs with her ears back. Very aerodynamic. LOL
  • VA...that makes me chuckle. Thanks.
  • I was thinking when watching:
    Beholder was saying: Okay, I will win this race. But, just so you know, I did hear that you are selling me and I am ticked off. I will win-just barely.
    Love this horse & her attitude!
  • I was thinking when watching:
    Beholder was saying: Okay, I will win this race. But, just so you know, I did hear that you are selling me and I am ticked off. I will win-just barely.
    Love this horse & her attitude!
    Haha....does seem like she read her press pages.

• DRF Formulator ‏@DRFFormulator 5h5 hours ago
    Beyers from SA & CD stakes were lower.
    Shared Belief 101
    American Pharoah 101
    Cigar Street 101
    Beholder 99
    Emollient 95
    Heart to Heart 94
  • Beholder - With only one graded stakes win so far this year, it would seem her resume is a bit light in 2014, but as she has done two consecutive years already, a win in the Breeders’ Cup would vault her past the rest and earn her the title of being America’s best female. The not so small fact that it will be held at Santa Anita again makes her extra tough.
  • Beholder (4-Year-Old Filly)
    Date: October 7, 2014
    Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
    Distance: Three Furlongs
    Time: 38:20 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
  • Beholder is to be sold at the Fasig Tipton November sale
  • KMMKMM Member
    Think female eclipse will be tougher than that. Voters are not predictable. Thinkvclose hatches will show up.
  • Well, that's a shame. Rats.
  • KMMKMM Member
    After ft Nov sale do you think owners will race her again? Maybe not. She is 2x eclipse winner. Unless someone like buyer of royal delta decides to race her longer. However, she is very valuable. Doesn't need to prove anything.
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited October 2014
    Beholder will miss Breeders’ Cup
    Jennie Rees, Courier-Journal October 19, 2014
    The Breeders’ Cup lost its second major star in less than a week two-time champion Beholder out after developing a fever Sunday morning.
    Daily Racing Form first reported Beholder’s defection.
    Trainer Richard Mandella told The Courier-Journal that after a big workout Saturday morning, Beholder seemed depressed Sunday and that by mid-morning her temperature had elevated to “over a 104. So we had to go ahead and treat her —and that’s it.”
    http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/2014/10/19/beholder-will-miss-breeders-cup/17576905/
    From article
    Beholder was treated with procaine penicillin, and under California’s regulations, that is too close to the Oct. 31 Breeders’ Cup Distaff, which Beholder won last year. But Mandella said she wouldn’t have run anyway.
    “Now we just hope she doesn’t get real sick,” he said by phone. “But she seems to be already responding to this fever medicine. … She was really depressed and did not look good and had a very high temperature, so we’re not going to run anyway. But medication takes that choice away anyway.
  • Hoping she'll be okay. How serious is this?
  • If she's responding to the antibiotic, maybe not as serious as it might be otherwise.
  • Great video on Beholder's fever, with a much better feeling Beholder in her stall

http://www.hrtv.com/videos/mandella-discusses-beholders-fever/?VideoCategoryId=2
  • She was sweet in that video. I don't think she liked having people standing so close to her and yet pretty much ignoring her. :)
  • Jay Privman ‏Dailyh Racing Form on Sat. Oct. 25 2014
    Spendthrift announces Beholder scr from F-T sale.
    Plan at this point is to resume training when recovered from illness
  • KMMKMM Member
    Wow. Not for sale?
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    She was sweet in that video. I don't think she liked having people standing so close to her and yeto pretty much ignoring her. :)

Ironically, she appears sweet most likely, due to not feeling well. She normally isn't a nice filly. LOL Got that from her groom and her chiropractor (who she does like)
  • Interesting, I hadn't heard she wasn't very nice. Too bad she was only acting sweet because she doesn't feel well, poor girl. :(
  • KMMKMM Member
    Racehorses behavior is tolerated although I believe they should have groundwork. Not tolerate bad behavior but there are good training methods to extinguish bad behavior or undesirable behavior. K