Beholder

Comments

• I'm speechless...
  • JanDJanD Member
    Wow! How awesome was Beholder.
  • KMMKMM Member
    ??? Results not posted yet on Equibase. Did she win?
  • That was absolutely spectacular. I am awestruck and so unbelievably embarrassed that I ever thought she wouldn't win. I really hope she goes to the Breeders' Cup Classic now!
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    She blue them away.....almost set a track record.....under 2min for the first time years...awesome
  • Yes KMM! Easily and in a sub 2:00

• Here's a replay of the race for those that missed it. I'm still gobsmacked that she won so easily.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Yeah, yeah, yeah! Another super mare. This distance was first time and longest for her.A third eclipse? I know I am a bit ahead. Can someone post replay? Just love this girl, and I am so glad they kept her racing after her setbacks last year.
  • Beholder WINS the TVG Pacific Classic - Race Replay 2015:
    All the commentators before the race kept on about the distance.....one said that he knew no Henny Hughes could go that long....so much for him...
  • KMMKMM Member
    Wow, wow, wow! Thanks for posting replay. This win is making me cry. How many lengths did she win by?
  • Oh, I think she's got the Eclipse in the bag! Good job mare!!
  • KMMKMM Member
    Yeah to Gary Stephens. Race announcer said he was riding her on loose rein, and then just shook the reins at her when she was sitting in 3rd.
    The result chart not posted yet.....looked about 10 lengths....but my eyesight is not good
  • I think it was a little over 8 lengths. Maybe 8.5?
  • http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/93877/beholder-blows-away-pacific-classic-foes

This article says it was 8 1/4, second only to Game on Dude's winning margin of 8 1/2.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Time off of the track record?
  • KMMKMM Member
    Is this same distance as BC Classic?
  • Wow! Was waiting all day to hear the results of this race! Amazing - for sure has the eclipse award locked up and any other year is a top choice for horse of the year! (I just think no one is taking that away from AP this year :) Go girl!
    She was about 3/5 of a second off the record
  • KMMKMM Member
    If they race against each other in BC Classic, and she wins, AP still probably gets HOY. Let us see what he does in his next race, if Travers.
  • She is amazing!!

Some on twitter want a match race between Beholder and Pharoah. No, no, no! The mere thought makes me ill. Let them meet in the classic.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Hate match races.
  • I don't think people actually mean a two horse match race. I think they just want them to meet up like Shared Belief and California Chrome did in the San Antonio earlier this year.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Are there any good GIs in CA in fall for her to prep for BC races, including those against the boys? Her racing schedule kind of reminds of Zenyatta's.