Beholder

Comments

• Lol. Marepower!!! So excited for this filly. That's going to be one heck of a race:)
  • OMG!!
  • I'm so excited about this!! Love this horse so much! It will be very interesting to see what happens leading up to the Classic. There's lots of chatter that Zayat won't run Pharoah if Beholder is in it. I hope so bad that's not true.
  • Really? You think Zayat would back down?
  • Really? You think Zayat would back down?
    I have no idea and hope not. There's just been some speculation about it. I really, really want them to meet. Bob Baffert also was quoted awhile back as saying he wants them to meet when Pharoah becomes her first "date" (as in breeding). He has said nothing about them meeting on the track.

• I thought when he said that it was kind of a pot shot at Beholder's quality.
  • I interpreted Baffert's comment as acknowledgement of Beholder being top of the filly class as Pharoah is top of his colt class.
  • That's how I took it too. He was being tongue-in-cheek...if they are going to meet let it be on their first date cause she is that good!
    I interpreted Baffert's comment as acknowledgement of Beholder being top of the filly class as Pharoah is top of his colt class.
  • Beholder preparing for the Zenyatta Stakes:
  • Video isn't playing for me.
  • It played for me, not on phone, but computer.
  • Tried it again and it played!:)
  • She is amazing! Glad D.W. Hughes at 80. Recognized what she is. He almost sold her
    Llast year. Now he is talking about competing her in BC classic and racing her next year and keeping her! Major cheers!
  • Beholder (5-Year-Old Mare)
    Date: September 18, 2015
    Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
    Distance: Six Furlongs
    Time: 1.12:80 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
  • Way to go, Beholder!
  • Yikes...she is a monster right now.
    I pray for a walk in the park next week in the Zenyatta.
  • She is actually a big girl with a mind of her own, but knows job from trainer's comments, especially as she has matured. A pro like Z.
  • Beholder Eyes a Zenyatta Threepeat:
  • Beholder is running September 26th in the Zenyatta Stakes. She will be ridden by Gary Stevens. She is trained by Richard Mandella and owned by Spendthrift Farm LLC.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited September 2015
    Thanks for posting videos. They gave Z recognition in first one, comparing Beholder to Z, as another super mare. I think B is!
  • Do they have a post time announced yet?
  • Do they have a post time announced yet?
    My equibase app says 5:30 PM central
  • Okay. It's actually occurring in Pacific Time, so I guess it would be 3:30 Pacific and 6:30 Eastern. I'll have to record it because I'm going up to Mea Ola's Place to watch Spider run full out for the first time in his life. See Worthy Horse Rescue Orgs. for an outline of Spider's story. I'll try to get video, or at least pictures. It's going to be live on MareStare, too, at 1 PM Pacific. Link on Worthy Horse Rescue Orgs. etc.