Saratoga Race Course

Comments

• SallyT, Thanks for all the wonderful pics and posts that you have shared with us this summer. Hoping you have a fantastic Travers Day adventure and can get some great pics from the day. I hope the start of school this year is going smoothly. Good luck with your new students! :-)
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    edited August 2015

Watched American Pharaoh exercising this a.m. Heading back tomorrow for the Traver's!
  • KMMKMM Member
    Sally_T, in are you the right place at the right time, and we benefit.:)
  • Lovely photos! I noticed it when he was at Monmouth, but "The Tail" is definitely getting much longer. He' got the hair genes!
  • Kent Desormeaux Discusses 2015 Travers Stakes Strategy:
  • RACE REPLAY: 2015 Personal Ensign:
  • Wow! What a Sword Dancer!
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited August 2015
    Oh No! American Pharoah (2) came in 2nd a length behind Keen Ice (7) in the Travers!
  • It has been 74 years, and it's only happened once, since the Triple Crown Winner won the Travers. Guess it's now 75 years.
  • Had a great day- American Pharaoh is still awesome. Just got home, going back again early. Need some sleep.
  • Thought about you, Sally, in that huge throng of people at Saratoga today. What a beautiful day to enjoy the races. Saw all races by way of my IPad, and wondered where you might be so you would get the best pics of the horses. :-)
  • Thank you, Sally, for wonderful pictures and being my eyes at Saratoga. Hopefully, next year for me ... :-)
  • Will try to post more pics tonight-heading out soon -going to see him shortly.
    Top of the stretch;
  • Whoo hooo, can't wait!
  • KMMKMM Member
    Is that Unbridled Forever winning photo?
  • The above photo is Frosted and AP battling at the top of the stretch.
    Is that Unbridled Forever winning photo?

• SallyTSallyT Member
    edited August 2015
    I came to post a couple more pics, and one of my earlier pics of AP has turned into an ad ? How in the world did that happen??
    Here's a re-post of the lost pic.

After the race

I went back this a.m and got to see AP in his stall & pet him! (swoon)

• I have been sorting pics this evening, but have to quit for the night. Have tons more from the other stakes races, so will post some during the week.
    I looked for Unbridled Forever-(missed the post parade for the Ballerina) so only have a couple of shots of her bringing up the rear at the top of the stretch.
  • SallyT - You should go after whoever used your picture in an ad. They have absolutely no right to do that. You deserve to get paid for any pictures you take that are used for promotional purposes.
    edited August 2015
    I came to post a couple more pics, and one of my earlier pics of AP has turned into an ad ? How in the world did that happen??
    Since you and I use the same image hosting site...I had the same thing happen with ImageShack the other night. Luckily, I had a word doc draft before I copied and input my posting for Old Friends. In the preview mode in the forum, one of Game On Dude's photo was switched with some sort of ad as well. I had to go back to my ImageShack files to get the code to repost it once again.

I found that the image "code" for the Ad was different than the Game On Dude image code. There must have been a system glitch...same thing might have happened with you @SallyT. We've been having thunderstorms that have created electrical spikes in our area...but... idk in your case.

• Not sure if this is the right place to share this, but it's Smokey and it's cute.
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/videos/13817/smokey-the-pony-reining-at-saratoga
  • Oh, sorry I wasn't clearer in my post- jaefeathered. What happened is; I posted a pic of AP, and the photo is not there (scroll up). Instead there's an ad for a social app with an offer for a free iTunes gift card!?
    Since Paniolo_Gal had a similar experience with the same image hosting site recently, they must be having issues.
    Thanks for standing up for me though! I certainly appreciate your support :0)
    SallyT - You should go after whoever used your picture in an ad. They have absolutely no right to do that. You deserve to get paid for any pictures you take that are used for promotional purposes.
    edited August 2015
    @SallyT...that is exactly the ad I got which was switched out for my Game On Dude image!...a free iTunes gift card ad! AUWE! So it must have been a system glitch and not a localized electrical spike glitch I was having in my area. :oD

btw...your initial switched out photo for an iTunes ad looks normal now on my end. I am currently seeing a handsome photo of American Pharoah! ImageShack must have caught/corrected this cyber glitch and corrected it now. :oD
  • Ahhh that's why haha - I never saw an ad on this page. Thanks for clarifying.