Saratoga Race Course

Comments

• Had a great day- American Pharaoh is still awesome. Just got home, going back again early. Need some sleep.
    Oh...Oh...I'm seeing that iTunes Ad for a $25 Gift Card once again instead of your posted image of American Pharoah. :oP
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited August 2015
    LOL...the iTunes $25 Giftcard ad I just posted above is now back to normal showing American Pharoah once again. hmmm!
    Anyway, this is the iTunes Ad that SallyT was mentioning and which I saw sporatically in the forum just now...this is weird!

• I have also seen it alternate between a picture of AP and an iTunes ad. Very strange.

Also, apologies for posting the video of Smokey before discovering it had already been posted on another thread.
  • I just came to post some more pics, but will wait until this glitch is fixed. I don't want to end up with a bunch of ads! I emailed Imageshack about this problem-hopeful they'll get on it asap.
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    edited September 2015
    Imageshack has supposedly fixed the problem, so I'll start posting again today and through the weekend. I still haven't finished going through my photos; it was a crazy weekend (but one of the best ever!) running to Saratoga very early for 3 consecutive days. Then we had a long and beastly hot week in school, (in our old brick, unairconditioned building). Add car issues and an evening open house, and I think you'll see why I haven't had the time to post!
    Better late than never...
    Here are the girls from the Personal Ensign

WIN Sheer Drama

PLACE Got Lucky

SHOW Untapable

Top of the stretch

• SallyT, those headshots are just beautiful! As always love the drama captured in the action shots. Dirt kicked up and flying....all four legs off the ground.....poetry in motion.
  • I-tunes gift card is back. :-(
  • Try uploading the pictures to another image sharing site? I use Imgur personally and have never had any issues. You can also share albums through it.
  • The photos from today are still looking OK from my end, but I'll wait to see if they stay that way!
  • lauraj_cincinnati, Are today's pics still showing up as ads for you?
    I-tunes gift card is back. :-(
  • I see pictures, and they're great, Sally. Maybe it depends on the Internet server? I use Google Chrome. How do the pictures show on Internet Explorer or Firefox?
  • SallyT --- I see pictures, too. Beautiful head shots --- I use Firefox and only got the "I-tunes" glitz one time. Thanks for sharing your Saratoga experience with all of us!
  • Sally_T: nice shots! You have major talent! I am sure I am not the first to say so. K
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    edited September 2015
    Thanks for all your feedback! The new images seem to be holding.
    I'm heading over today, hopefully will catch Rachel's Valentina etc. I can't remember who or which thread, but I recall people questioning the cap of 50,000 attendance for Traver's Day. I honestly can't imagine where they would put additional people (unless they hung them from zip-lines!) Many of the (human) paths for walking were either significantly infringed upon, or in some instances completely filled by people with their chairs.
    This info may help people better understand the cap.

Belmont Park
    Belmont Park is a 430-acre racetrack in Elmont, N.Y.
    Main Course: 1 1/2 Miles
    Widener Turf Course: 1 5/16 Miles
    Inner Turf Course: 1 3/16 Miles
    Attendance Capacity: 85,000 - 90,000
    Total Seating Capacity: 32,941

Saratoga Race Course
    Saratoga Race Course is a 350-acre racetrack in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
    Main Course: 1 1/8 Miles
    Turf Course: 1 Miles
    Steeplechase/Inner Turf Course: 7/8 Mile
    Attendance Capacity: 50,000
    Total Seating Capacity: 18,000, including picnic tables and benches.
  • SallyT, Thanks again and again for all you are doing for those of us who can not make the trip to Saratoga. You do a great job of capturing all the color and excitement of a race day at the Spa. Your shots of the horses are just beautiful, and the action pics make me feel like I am right there at the rail watching the race. Can't believe the 2015 meet at the Spa is almost over! Because of your pics from 2014, I was on pins and needles for the meet to begin this year. Thank you, Thank you! :-)
  • Ditto, ditto to louisespadafora's post.
  • Ohhh can't wait to see this weekend's photos by SallyT! :oD
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    edited September 2015
    I'll start with the newly dubbed (by announcer Larry Collmus) the "Princess of the Spa" in the Spinaway (Grade 1 $350,000 "Win & You're In"!) I missed her maiden, but am SO glad I made it for this one! And yes, my Exacta won me a couple of bucks.

Winner
    Rachel's Valentina

Place
    Tap to It

Show
    Constellation

At the top of the stretch

The Princess in action
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    edited September 2015
    The Woodward

Win
    Liam's Map

Place
    Coach Inge

Show
    Wicked Strong

Liam's Map coming down the stretch-ALONE

Coach Inge coming down the stretch

After the race Liam's Map
  • Wonderful photos SallyT! Thanks for staying up late (or early) to post these photos...especially on our Valentina! ❤
  • His little braid is so cute.
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    edited September 2015
    Thanks for all your encouragement! I will try to post pics more later. I noticed that the braids are very prevalent this year. It's one of the clues I've used to help identify horses in my "after the race" pics (along with who their grooms are) when they aren't wearing saddlecloths with post positions on them. (Or vests in the case of the grooms.)
  • Digressing just a little--one day at a recent Keeneland meet (last fall, maybe?) they had a prize for the best groomed horse in each race. I've never seen so many braided manes at a racetrack, not to mention shiny hooves, banged tails, even those brushed patterns on the hips.
  • Wow! Must have been a wonderful show of good looking race horses on that day at Keeneland!
  • That would have been neat to see! Constellation (above ) looked pretty snazzy, others were having "bad -hair" days.