Saratoga Race Course

Comments

• Thanks,
    I checked, and he is listed on the Saratoga workouts that day.
    https://www.nyra.com/saratoga/workouts/20160525/
    It's a mistake. It happens on a pretty regular basis - they just got his name mixed up in the database with another horse. It'll get corrected at some point.
  • edited May 2016
    Hi Sally.

A lot of two year-olds on that list.

There's got to be a story somewhere as to why CD is working. Did any of the mares he was bred to get in foal?
    Thanks,
    I checked, and he is listed on the Saratoga workouts that day.
    https://www.nyra.com/saratoga/workouts/20160525/
  • Oops, just saw Jae's comment. So who is the mystery horse who was identified as CD?
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited May 2016
    Carpe Diem. Someone saw that he was back in training after he had been retired last year to stud. He was my vote for Derby last year before AP showed his stuff. CD was injured and retired.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    WinStar has officially stated that it was an error. Breeding mares day in and day out ;)
  • He definitely sounds too busy breeding to be breezing.
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    Yesssssss! So glad this news came out today, as I was about to commit to something else on July 24th-Calendar is duly marked!
    "............owner Rick Porter decided Songbird needs to take it to the other top fillies in her division. He's has laid out a campaign that will likely include the July 24 Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I) and Aug. 20 Alabama (gr. I)—both at Saratoga Race Course—......."
  • Great news for you, Sally.
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    My 1st day back at Saratoga today (it's been quite hot this weekend)
    What a thrill, what a Champion!
    Before

During

After

• KMMKMM Member
    Nice pics Sally. Beautiful shots! Beautiful champ. Love the headshots and the eye!
  • KMMKMM Member
    Carina Mia had a lot of dirt kicked up on her from the photos.
  • Great pictures, Sally. Thanks so much for sharing. I looked for you there during the lead up and the after race coverage. I saw several women with cameras, but since I don't know what you look like, I don't know if I saw you or not. hahaha I thought you would definitely be there, though. I'm so glad you were able to go and got to see Songbird run and get those great pictures.
  • Sally, thank you for the pictures! I was able to see some lovely pictures, and I was there in spirit. :3
  • @SallyT Great presentation of Songbird's photos! I LOVE how you were able to get the before-during-after sequence of these beautiful professional images!
  • Thank you so much, @SallyT, for sharing your photos. They are amazing!!! :)
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    edited July 2016
    Thanks ladies!
    I was surprised by how many people left BEFORE the Coaching Club American Oaks yesterday. There was still a good sized (and enthusiastic) crowd, but not compared to the rest of the day. It was race #10 and Post Time wasn't until after 6 pm. I think the heat played a part-it's a very long day to be out in the sun. Also, being a Sunday, for people who travel and have to work on Monday........ But honestly, I think a lot of folks go for the Saratoga experience, and weren't necessarily aware of just what a star Songbird is! She was the reason I was there, so I was trying to conserve energy & hydrate all afternoon. Also got my Songbird T-shirt for a donation to a Thoroughbred Aftercare organization
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    KMM said:

Carina Mia had a lot of dirt kicked up on her from the photos.

Basically if you weren't Songbird, you were dirty....

• KMMKMM Member
    Too true! But Carina Mia gave it her all...
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    KMM said:

Too true! But Carina Mia gave it her all...

She certainly did! Without all the dirt-

• That is a cute t-shirt. Love the picture of the 4 dirt-covered fillies and the one pristine filly. hahaha
  • Sally, Thank you for the beautiful pics of Song Bird! She is just gorgeous! Very exciting race! Love your T shirt, and your pics of all the fun at the Spa are greatly appreciated. :-)
  • KMMKMM Member
    I hope that I can get to Saratoga for summer races one of these days. Beautiful mileau!
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    KMM said:

I hope that I can get to Saratoga for summer races one of these days. Beautiful mileau!

It's well worth the trip!
  • SallyTSallyT Member

Sally, Thank you for the beautiful pics of Song Bird! She is just gorgeous! Very exciting race! Love your T shirt, and your pics of all the fun at the Spa are greatly appreciated. :-)

Hope to catch her in the Alabama too!
  • KetaKeta Member
    RACE REPLAY: 2016 Bowling Green Stakes Featuring Flintshire
    TVG Published on Jul 30, 2016
    Flintshire wins the 2016 Bowling Green Stakes Saturday at Saratoga.

Pedigree
    Sire Dansili
    Grandsire Danehill
    Dam Dance Routine
    Damsire Sadler's Wells
    Sex Colt