Saratoga Race Course

Comments

• KetaKeta Member
    Laoban - 2016 Jim Dandy Stakes
    The New York Racing Association, Inc. Published on Jul 30, 2016
    Jose L. Ortiz and Laoban wire the field in the 2016 Jim Dandy Stakes at 27-1!
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    edited July 2016
    Better late than never! I got home late & couldn't locate the correct camera cord for downloading.

NICE day at the races-not as hot, and some good cloud cover. (with occasional sprinkles.)
    First up, the Bowling Green (Grade ll) , which was run on the inner turf course, so no decent pics of the actual race!

Winner Flintshire
    Before

After

Place-Grand Tito
    Before

After

Show-Twilight Eclipse
    Before

After

• SallyTSallyT Member
    Next up, the Alfred G. Vanderbilt (Grade l)

Winner-A.P. Indian
    Before

Place-Holy Boss
    Before

Show-Catalina Red
    Before

Top of the stretch

• SallyTSallyT Member
    Finally, the Jim Dandy (grade ll)
    (I was battling spellcheck on "Laoban", my apologies if spellcheck won)

Upset Winner-Laoban
    Before (Both he & and his groom looked focused & confident!)

Place-Governor Malibu
    Before

Show-Destin
    Before

Top of the Stretch

Winner Laoban-after
    After (his groom was SO proud, he was beaming!)

Place-Governor Malibu-after

Show-Destin-after

• SallyTSallyT Member
    The photo series/shots for each race vary, depending on where the gate was located for that race, and where the warm-ups took place as a result.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Thanks for all of lovely pics! Great headshots!
  • Thank you, so much, Sally, for sharing!!! Beautiful pics!
  • Gorgeous pics!
  • Excellent pictures, Sally. Thank you for sharing.
  • Thank you, Sally.
  • As always @SallyT beautiful photos! You really capture the "soul" of each horse in your photos!
  • Paniolo_Gal , bigherbie, VA_in_CA , EliRose , sarinne , KMM
    I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. I hope to make it to Saratoga at least once a week this summer. Nothing like last year (my "once in a lifetime summer") with my special access and American Pharaoh to boot! But depending on the weather, will try to post weekly.
    Thanks and enjoy!
  • These are such wonderful pictures, SallyT! Thank you so much for sharing them!
  • KetaKeta Member
    2016 THE SHUVEE G3 CURALINA (RACE REPLAY)
    Published on Jul 31, 2016
    CURALINA DISTANCE:1800 MTRS TIME: 1:49.85
    CAEEUMBA
    SWEET GRASS
  • I LOVE this filly! Thanks for posting the race Keta! Wanted to go see her yesterday, but it was pouring, so I knew I wouldn't get any pics. Watched her on TVG instead. Her photo from last year is on page 10 of this discussion-when she's getting her "facial". LOL
  • Wow, the Curlins sure dominated some of the bigger races this weekend. Stellar Wind, Exaggerator, and now this one.
  • Thank you again for the fantastic photos from Saratoga, Sally. Love the way you have caught the action and drama of the races, and, also, the character and personality of the horses in quieter moments. :-)
  • I came across these Saratoga event announcements in Old Friends Twitter:

On Sunday, August 7, 2016...
    "After The Race... The 7th Annual Benefit for Our Retired Thoroughbreds
    The celebration will be held at Old Friends at CabinCreek and will be honoring HOF Jockey, Ramon Dominguez!
    The event will start at 6:30p at The Lodge
    The Lodge is located at
    One Nelson Avenue
    Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
    Tickets: $100 (includes two drink tickets)
    Cocktails & Dinner, Silent & Live Auctions
    Master of Ceremony will be Chris Onorato

On Thusday, August 11, 2016...
    Barbara D. Livingston will be receiving the Bobby Frankel Award for Service to Horse Racing!
    It will be held at Anne's Washington Inn from 6:30p-8:00p.
    Anne's Washington Inn is located at
    111 South Broadway,
    Saratoga Springs, N.Y. 12866
    Phone: (581)584-9807
  • I came across these Saratoga event announcements in Old Friends Twitter:

Thanks for posting Paniolo_Gal !
    I received info about the first event in an e-mail from Old Friends at Cabin Creek (Bobby Frankel division) so you would have thought they'd have mentioned the second event!
    Michael Blowen is also scheduled to be a "Guest in the Gallery" at the National Racing Museum on August 16th.

So much going on! I'm heading to the Hall of Fame induction Ceremony on the 12th, and this coming Sunday I can't make the Old Friends event because I'm planning on going to a different special horse event. If successful, I'l have some much different pics to post-fingers crossed!

• KMMKMM Member
    Off the Tracks, another 3 year old G1 Curlin filly, will run in the Logines Test Stakes at Saratoga August 6, 2016. Those Curlins keep on coming...
  • KMM said:

Off the Tracks, another 3 year old G1 Curlin filly, will run in the Logines Test Stakes at Saratoga August 6, 2016. Those Curlins keep on coming...

She won the Schuylerville Stakes - Gr. 3 impressively last year by a couple of lengths

She's #4
    Before

During

After

• KMMKMM Member
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for posting SallyT! Another pretty curlin darling! As always, great pics!
  • KetaKeta Member
    Friday, August 12
    Belles of the Hall (celebrating Zenyatta & Rachel Alexandra)
    presented by Stonestreet Stables and Team Zenyatta
    10:00 am – 1:00 pm
    Saratoga Backyard by Gate B

http://www.bellesofthehall.com/
  • KMMKMM Member
    Watch for Night Officer. He is at Saratoga and just turned in a great work on 7/25. He is a cousin to my mare and is a graded stakes winner. Sprint turf horse, 1/2 Sib to Maggie Moss's great Delaunay, now retired. :)
  • Will do-keep me posted if you hear anything.