Saratoga Race Course

Comments

• SallyTSallyT Member
    edited July 2015
    Interesting opening day, (or should I say half-day) I left after the 5th race & the tornado warning. 2 stakes races on the card today.

Results;
    4th race-Schuylerville Stakes
    Two Year Old Fillies
    Six Furlongs On The Dirt
    Off the Tracks Luis Saez
    Banree Rafael Manuel Hernandez
    Decked Out Kent J. Desormeaux

9th race Lake George Stakes
    Three Year Old Fillies
    One And One Sixteenth Miles On The Turf
    Mrs McDougal Irad Ortiz, Jr.
    Feathered Luis Saez
    Cara Marie Paco Lopez

and as I posted in John Shirreffs thread.......
    John won on Saratoga's opening Day! Bet that feels great!
    Race Type: Allowance Optional Claiming
    Three Year Old and Upward
    Six Furlongs On The Dirt
    8 th race
    Pulling G's Junior Alvarado
  • KMMKMM Member
    Oh, what a great race meet. And we may see Cosmic one, Ziconic,JD, and RV race. Plus Samantha Nicole goes on the 27 in Allowance, optional claimer.
  • Didn't want to post a whole separate thread, but...#5? In Race 10? 'Runs in foal...'

Never heard that before in my life
  • It probably happens, though. She's probably not due for another 9 or 10 months.
  • It's rare, but it happens. It's not against any rules. Spain, the great daughter of Thunder Gulch, won the G2 Fleur de Lis 06/15/2002 while in foal to Storm Cat, and was third in the G2 Molly Pitcher later in the month. She delivered a healthy colt April 27 of the following year.
  • Wild mares may have to run very fast to escape predators while in foal, So they are probably designed to suffer no harm and the foal as well.
  • DelamontDelamont Member
    edited July 2015
    Thanks...I'll be watching that race.

This was the Diana, and Waltzing Matilda (#5) came in last. A gray...Hard Not To Like... won, lol...in the final stride.
  • RACE REPLAY: 2015 Diana Stakes:
  • Thanks for posting that race. It is hard not to like the winner. lol According to the announcer the pace was a new course record. Does that mean for that length of race on that track, for all genders, or fillies only, and 2-year olds only? Or for that race--The Diana Stakes?
  • KMMKMM Member
    It should be overall track record at that distance and surface, I think. But not certain. K
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Didn't want to post a whole separate thread, but...#5? In Race 10? 'Runs in foal...'

Never heard that before in my life
    Use to be more common than now.....i think that Gallorette....one of the greats of yesteryear often ran while in foal....against the boys....at distances not seen today...carrying weight...and won....but i will check because my memory is not what it use to be
  • KMMKMM Member
    Mares run in foal. Some good ones have run.
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    edited July 2015
    Schuylerville Stakes winner Off the Tracksimage
    Top of the stretchimage
    And the rest of the field
    https://imageshack.com/a/XIV4/1
  • KMMKMM Member
    Nice pic SallyT. Good vantage points.
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    edited July 2015
    Took my Oklahoma Backside tour this week too, before the meet started. It was a private tour with my guide Earl, as I was the only one there! He was my guide last year too-so basically told me to lead the way to wherever I wanted to go. Headed back where John Shirreffs had his barn last year. Didn't see his colors, so I don't know if he's moved slightly, or if I was off by a row. Saw one of his horses (don't know who) coming back from exercising, but no sightings of Coz or Zi to report. (There is a new trainer in the same vicinity, Joe Sharp-Rosie's Husband) A nice morning walk. Saw DWLukas being interviewed.image
    Here's my backside album for this year if anyone is interested
    https://imageshack.com/a/OYV4/1
  • Bill Mott has had a great July with late-developing Three-Year-Olds winning stakes races. He's hoping the trend can carry over into August when Japan runs in the $600,000 Grade 2 Jim Dandy Stakes this Saturday. Here is a look at this up and comer horse.

http://regalbloodlines.com/2015/07/26/an-education-on-japan/
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    Thank you for your insights. I'll be there Saturday, but haven't made my decisions yet. I like so many of the entries, this one's going to be tough! I'm leaning toward Frosted & Texas Red, but may also put Japan in the mix.
    Bill Mott has had a great July with late-developing Three-Year-Olds winning stakes races. He's hoping the trend can carry over into August when Japan runs in the $600,000 Grade 2 Jim Dandy Stakes this Saturday. Here is a look at this up and comer horse.

http://regalbloodlines.com/2015/07/26/an-education-on-japan/
  • Sally, thank you for posting your 2015 backside album. Love the pics of all the activity around the barns and the horses are gorgeous. Looking forward to the races at Saratoga this summer! This is my favorite track and for me the best racing of the year goes on at Saratoga. :-)

• I like that race with the field of 3. They need to find one of that size for Coz. Maybe then he would get the idea of what it's all about.

Oh dear, that reminds me of doing the hokey-pokey. You remember, "You put your right foot in.... that's what it's all about." Hope Coz didn't get that idea.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Coz and Jerry Moss doing the hokey pokey. From Zenyatta.com photos.
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    Thanks ladies. I'll be heading back this week. Hoping to get more pics.
    Sally, thank you for posting your 2015 backside album. Love the pics of all the activity around the barns and the horses are gorgeous. Looking forward to the races at Saratoga this summer! This is my favorite track and for me the best racing of the year goes on at Saratoga. :-)
    Nice pic SallyT. Good vantage points.
  • And Rachel's Valentina is debuting there on Sunday!
  • edited July 2015
    RV has not been entered officially yet. There's nothing on her Equibase page, and entries for Saratoga are only posted through the 31st. There should be an official notification in a day or two. I presume she'll be entered in Race 2, which is listed in the condition book as a 6f MSW for 2-year-old fillies.
  • Hope RV wins her maiden 1st time out! Will watch the replay as soon as it is up. :-)