Stonestreet Farms - Barbara Banke

Comments

• QZF22, I guess you weren't around when we informally agreed to note in our posts if we were posting the same info on another or other thread(s), so readers wouldn't get tangled up in their responses.
    Oh oops i guess not sorry
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited February 2015
    Yeah. It was getting out of hand for awhile there. LOL That was the compromise we came up with.
  • Oops, I guess I wasn't around either...I just posted the above under Cozmic One vs. Jess's Dream. Sorry.
    QZF22, I guess you weren't around when we informally agreed to note in our posts if we were posting the same info on another or other thread(s), so readers wouldn't get tangled up in their responses.
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, we decided it was okay to post on more than one thread, but to note it because sometimes we make long responses and then are embarrassed to find others have commented on the same topic in the same way but on a different thread, and it looks like we copied.
  • Samantha Nicole had her second workout on the turf yesterday at Palm Meadows training center and she was 2/23.
  • It seems like she likes the turf
  • Yeah, we decided it was okay to post on more than one thread, but to note it because sometimes we make long responses and then are embarrassed to find others have commented on the same topic in the same way but on a different thread, and it looks like we copied.
    I missed that too. Maybe someone could figure out how to announce these things? I knew there was an argument about posting the same info in different threads, but didn't know this was decided.

• Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, we decided it was okay to post on more than one thread, but to note it because sometimes we make long responses and then are embarrassed to find others have commented on the same topic in the same way but on a different thread, and it looks like we copied.

I missed that too. Maybe someone could figure out how to announce these things? I knew there was an argument about posting the same info in different threads, but didn't know this was decided.
    Hmmm. I don't think we really came to a solid agreement among ourselves but, In Zenyatta.com Forum Rules under the second topic:
    The following are not permitted in any shape or form, and are grounds for a formal warning, suspension or a permanent ban:
    Item No. 8: "Please refrain from crossposting, or posting the same message in multiple discussions. Crossposting and repeated off-topic posts are considered spam and are not allowed."

Maybe post the article once on the best thread then mention in another thread: refer to an update on "XXXX" found in "thread name", page X. idk That's how you could get around the rules and not do a repeat post of the same article in multiple threads...just a thought.

Oops...off topic. So anyway, I agree that Samantha Nicole is Barbara's best option to help continue Rachel Alexandra's bloodlines. Too risky to even think of breeding RA again.
    edited February 2015
    Oh. I didn't realize there was a Z Forum rule against it. That is good to know. It is annoying to have the same thing posted more than once. As I said, it's embarrassing to make a lenghtly comment and then find similar comments making the same point on another thread with the same original post. Guess we should all read the Forum Rules about once a month, at least in my case, since so much gets lost in memory, or not really noticed in the first place. Sigh.
  • Ocean Knight is running March 7th in the Tampa Bay Derby. He will be ridden by Irad Ortiz Jr. He is trained by Kiaran McLaughlin and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.
  • Carpe Diem is running March 7th in the Tampa Bay Derby. He will be ridden by John Velazquez. He is trained by Todd Pletcher and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC and WinStar Farm LLC.
  • Stablemates going head-to-head in the Tampa Bay. That could be fun!
  • Samantha Nicole (4-Year-Old Filly)
    Date: March 13, 2015
    Track: PALM MEADOWS TRAINING CENTER
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 48:90 Breezing
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
  • Almost Famous is running March 28th in the Sir Shackleton Stakes. He will be ridden by Luis Saez. He is trained by Patrick Byrne and owned by Charles and Maribeth Sanford. He was bred by Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holding LLC.
  • Tara's Tango s running April 5th in the Santa Paula Stakes. She will be ridden by Mike Smith. She is trained by Jerry Hollendorfer and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.
  • Samantha Nicole (4-Year-Old Filly)
    Date: April 3, 2015
    Track: PALM MEADOWS TRAINING CENTER
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 49:30 Breezing
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
  • KMMKMM Member
    They seem like they are going to keep trying with her this year. She must be showing something at home. K
  • There is a new photo of RA on their facebook. Shes such a small framed mare, no wonder she has foaling complications. Shes tall but small framed
  • Carpe Diem Todd Pletcher Click Here!

Giant's Causeway—Rebridled Dreams, by Unbridled’s Song

From a visual standpoint, this horse once again looked like your quintessential Derby horse, with that high cruising speed (like Dortmund and American Pharoah) and that smooth graceful stride. He got exactly out of the Blue Grass what one would have hoped for -- no geared down cakewalk; no gut-wrenching stretch duel against an inferior foe, and a good solid time for 1 1/8 miles, which for some reason only EARNED him a 95 Beyer, which actually was lower than his Tampa Bay Derby. In fact, he has yet to hit a triple-digit Beyer. I firmly believe his Beyer was based mainly on the previous Beyers of runner-up Danzig Moon (ranging from 69 to 87), which is deceiving, as stated farther down. We’ll have to see if he regressed in his Thoro-Graph number, as he did when he fell from a “1 3/4” in the Breeders’ Futurity to a “5” in the BC Juvenile. He began the year with a strong “zero” in the Tampa Bay Derby, and it’ll be interesting to see if there was another regression in the Blue Grass, and how much. He does have a few issues that need to be watched at Churchill Downs. He was not very good being saddled or mounted and was on the muscle in the post parade. He’s also had major gate issues, but was much better before the Blue Grass. Also, Johnny V had to give him a couple of right-handed whacks in the stretch when he started drifting out. If he can avoid any incidents before the Derby, with that big crowd, he has enough class and raw talent to beat anyone. He is a horse you just love looking at, whether standing still, galloping, or running. In short, he is all racehorse.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/kentucky-derby-dozen/archive/2015/04/07/derby-dozen-april-7-2015-presented-by-shadwell-farm.aspx#ixzz3WeDwv1jE

Giant's Causeway—Rebridled Dreams, by Unbridled’s SONG
    If this horse is going to lose the Derby, there is a better chance of him losing it before the race than during the race. He has it all; the complete package…once the gates open. But he has had issues at times in the saddling stall, on the walking ring, in the post parade, and at the gate. If he can have those problems at Tampa and Keeneland, what’s going to happen with all the craziness and turmoil at the Derby? Ironically, the main problem he’d been having, which was getting in the gate, was the only problem he didn’t have before the Blue Grass. He must get past the walkover, the saddling, the paddock, “My Old Kentucky HOME,” and then the gate with 20 horses loading. His grandsires are Storm Cat (through Giant’s Causeway) and Unbridled’s Song, so there is a lot of hot blood there, capable of boiling over at any time. Unbridled’s Song, in fact, lost it before the ’96 Derby when the crowd cheered after “My Old Kentucky Home’ and he did almost a complete 360 wheelie. There have been a lot worse horses than this guy, and he hasn’t let his issues take a toll on his performances so far. The strange part is that he was always a very quiet, easy-going horse as a baby, who went about his training with no problem and then slept most of the day. He does have a great deal of class about him once the gates open and he’ll have to rely on that class. If he can get through the preliminaries and keep his cool, and not waste too much physical and mental energy, his tremendous natural ability, fluid action, and high cruising speed are going to make him very tough to beat.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/kentucky-derby-dozen/archive/2015/04/14/derby-dozen-april-14-2015-presented-by-shadwell-farm.aspx#ixzz3XJBigH6T
  • Samantha Nicole (full sister to Rachel Alexandra) is running April 18th in a maiden special weight for 3 year old and upward fillies and mares going 1 1/8th miles at Keeneland. She will be ridden by Jose Lezcano. She is trained by Kiaran McLaughlin and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.
  • KetaKeta Member
    CARPE DIEM – NEW OFFICIAL WEB SITE
    horseracinghl on Thursday April 16 2015
    Stonestreet & WinStar Farm announce the launch of an official website
    for Derby contender Carpe Diem,
    http://www.seizethederby.com/

Giant's Causeway—Rebridled Dreams, by Unbridled’s SONG
    His work at Keeneland was a thing of beauty. When this horse LEVELS off and reaches out he is something to see. They gave him a 4f work in :48, but he really worked 5f in 1:00 2/5, with a final eighth in :12 2/5, and just kept going at a strong gallop until Velazquez had to pull back and step on the brakes nearing the half-mile pole. It looked like he would have gone around again if allowed to, and came back prancing on his toes. He did look around a little, but this was a new track. If he makes it into the starting gate without any issues he is going to be very tough to beat. Now, we must point out he does have his own website and merchandising. It’s a beautiful website with photos and video diaries, but hopefully he will have better luck than past Derby horses with their own website and merchandising. There is an excellent general video of the colt, including his breeze show at the sale, where you can see that great extension even then. And he still keeps his ears back in his races; no playing and goofing around with this guy, he is all business once the gates OPEN. When you have a horse with a stride as long and fluid as his who can work in :10 1/5, you have, well, a $1.6 million 2-year-old. People forget how fast this horse is, breaking his maiden on the front end in :21 4/5, :44 4/5, and 1:03 4/5 for 5 1/2 furlongs

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/kentucky-derby-dozen/archive/2015/04/21/derby-dozen-april-21-2015-presented-by-shadwell-farm.aspx#ixzz3Xy8WElOR
  • Perchance is running April 26th in the Belle Harbor Stakes. She will be ridden by Irad Ortiz Jr. She is trained by Kiaran McLaughlin and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.