Stonestreet Farms - Barbara Banke

Comments

• QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited April 2015
    Carpe Diem is running May 2nd in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum Brands. He will be ridden by John Velazquez. He is trained by Todd Pletcher and owned by WinStar Farm LLC and Stonestreet Stables LLC.
  • Stanford is running May 2nd in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum Brands. He will be ridden by Florent Geroux. He is trained by Todd Pletcher and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC and Coolmore.
  • CARPE DIEM:

As a son of Giant’s Causeway, distance should not be a problem for Carpe Diem. The 2000 European Horse of the Year won at ten furlongs multiple times himself and has produced many routers, including Swift Temper, winner of the Delaware Handicap (gr. I, 10F); Heatseeker, winner of Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I, 10F); and Red Giant, who set a world record for a mile and one-quarter on the turf while winning the Clement L. Hirsch Memorial Turf Championship Stakes (gr. I). The Giant’s Causeway/Unbridled’s Song cross on which Carpe Diem is bred produced Dominion Day Handicap (Can-III, 10F) winner Hold Me Back.

Carpe Diem has never run a bad race in his life, kicking off his career with a maiden victory at Saratoga before dominating the Breeders’ Futurity Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland. His juvenile campaign ended with a solid runner-up effort behind Texas Red in the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (gr. I). Carpe Diem has started only twice thus far in 2015 but has been extraordinary in winning both the Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II) and Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) in runaway performances.

Carpe Diem made his final work before the Derby a week before the Run for the Roses, at Keeneland. There, he breezed a half-mile in 48.60. As a striking individual TO BEGIN with, Carpe Diem has appeared very powerful in his final preparation.

There are not many negatives regarding Carpe Diem. An extremely talented and physically impressive colt, perhaps the only thing getting in Carpe Diem’s race is his tendency to have pre-race jitters and his not-so-desirable post.
  • Stanford is running May 2nd in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum Brands. He will be ridden by Florent Geroux. He is trained by Todd Pletcher and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC and Coolmore.
    Standford is scratched Frammento is in.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Go Barbie!
  • KMMKMM Member
    I hope Banks races Samantha Nicole through the year and she gets a graded stakes in her portfolio. Don't think RA will ever be bred again, and would like SN to have some of her own black type, although she can ride on RA's laurels being a full sister. Many mares as full sisters to successful race made are never raced. Kudoes to Banke to investing time and money toSN.
  • Tara's Tango is running May 16th in the Angel's Flight Stakes. She will be ridden by Mike Smith. She is trained by Jerry Hollendorfer and bred and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Samantha Nicole running tomorrow on race undercard of Black Eyed Susan at Pimlico. It is allowance race 2, at 3/1 odds.
  • delete
  • Stonestreet posted a work for Rachel's filly on twitter today & said they're working on her name.
    http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=9491568&registry=T
  • Consumer Credit is running May 30th in the American Oaks. She will be ridden by Flavien Prat. She is trained by Chad brown and owned by Barber or Brous Stable. She was bred by Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings LLC.
  • Rock Fall is running June 5th in the True North Stakes. He will be ridden by Javier Castellano. He is trained by Todd Pletcher and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Miracles Of Life Retires
    TURFSTARS ‏on Wed. July 1 2015
    So rapped to see you win in Sydney #Barbie...
    she'll make a beautiful mummy !!
    Happy Retirement Miracles Of Life !
  • KMMKMM Member
    An Aussie mare they own?
  • tincuptincup Member
    Read from the beginning of the , Miracles of life, story and you`ll catch up. Fun stuff.
  • Miracles Of Life is such a "feel good" story --- small little filly/mare, some thought too small to be competitive, two small time trainers kinda down on their luck financially and a female jockey whose racing career was all but over due to serious injury. Really small at two, Miracles of life was unraced but showed real promise. While she isn't big (as in hands tall), she developed into a well muscled little filly with a nice "rear engine" and great bone in the legs. Watch the videos --- great leg action and a beautiful stride. Nicknamed "Barblie" by her jockey, the media dubbed her the "Pocket Rocket" --- when she gets that rear in gear she justs takes off. All heart --- there is no quick in Miracles Of Life.

Here's a couple of links with tidbits of information and some great pictures. I especially love the one of her laying down in her stall "snuggling" her jockey and her pet cat nearby --- priceless!

https://facinatingamazinganimals.wordpress.com/2013/02/23/miracles-of-life-pocket-rocket-race-horse/
    http://www.thoroughbrednews.com.au/australia/default.aspx?id=79108

Take a look at her pedigree --- she's out of a More Than Ready unraced mare. Her sire, Without A Doubt is average and stands for about 14,000 in Aussie dollars. But --- he is sired by Redoutes Choice, a great champion and sire out of the Northern Dancer line. She's got Dancer top and bottom with some Halo and Mr. P in the mix. I think she's kind of a "throw back" to Northern Dancer but with a much sweeter disposition!
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/miracles+of+life
  • I have a question --- will Miracles Of Life be shipped to Kentucky or does Stonestreet have a location "Down Under"? Can't wait to find out who will be her "first date"! She's got "dirt" in her pedigree so there are some great mating possibilities state side.
  • She's going to KY, and there's a rumor I saw that she'll be sent to Medagalio d'Oro - that'd be one pretty baby!
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited July 2015
    She's going to KY, and there's a rumor I saw that she'll be sent to Medagalio d'Oro - that'd be one pretty baby!
    That is great news. I've followed Barbie from the beginning.
    Love happy endings.

February 2013
    Tears of joy greet Blue Diamond Stakes winner
    Posted by: AAP Filled in: Australian Horse Racing | 23/2/2013 at 6:00pm
    The Blue Diamond Stakes has ended in a flood of tears as a family wept and screamed for the victory of battling Adelaide jockey Lauren Stojakovic and Miracles Of Life.
    Stojakovic sang to the horse she calls “Barbie” before the start and then rode the race of her life to land Miracles Of Life a winner ahead of some of the biggest names in world racing.
    The 29-year-old apprentice who suffered injuries so severe they kept her out of racing for three years, returned to scale, her face stained with tears and her parents, sisters and grandmother collapsing in each others arms
    Read more: http://www.justhorseracing.com.au/news/australian-racing/tears-of-joy-greet-blue-diamond-winner/190952 #ixzz2LiMNHlSd
  • KMMKMM Member
    So she is owned by Banke?
  • Yes. I believe she was sold last year to Stonestreet.
  • I need to make a correction or clarification to my post on July 2nd.
    Miracles Of Life was foaled 2/9/10. The official birthdate in the Northern Hemisphere is January 1st, In the Southern Hemisphere it is August 1st.
    If you look at her race dates, in the year 2013, she raced twice as a 2 year old filly and once as a three year old --- going by the Southern Hemisphere "technical" birthdate of August 1st. Geez --- so confusing!!
    Anyway ----
    Here are afew more links with info regarding the chestnut "Pocket Rocket" and the sale to Stonestreet.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/85347/hill-n-dale-stonestreet-spend-in-australia

https://www.punters.com.au/horses/Miracles-of-Life_214705/Stats/

http://www.horseracing.com.au/news/miracles-of-life-sold-to-stonestreet-throughbred-holdings/
  • KMMKMM Member
    Quite the sale and offerings for close member female family of Redoute's Choice. What is back story to this high end amazing dispersal?