Stonestreet Farms - Barbara Banke

Comments

• He has the stuff to be on TC trail.next year!
    @KMM this is his 3 year old year.
  • KMMKMM Member
    My mistake. Late starter.
  • Union Jackson's winning Race Replay. Select today's date, Race 5

http://www.keeneland.com/racing/race-replay

• @KMM --- Union Jackson, aka Chili is already 3 --- he is from the same crop as Cozmic One and Jess's Dream.
  • If you are going to have a late starter, that misses all the Spring Classics, this is the type of performance you want to see as the reward for being patient. It is very difficult to be patient and see nothing in two starts and be told "be more patient". lol
    My mistake. Late starter.
  • Pretty fantastic performance.

Then there is Smooth Roller, who in only four starts as a four year old is now running in the Classic.
  • Pretty fantastic performance.

Then there is Smooth Roller, who in only four starts as a four year old is now running in the Classic.
    And boy how he is regarding those who "waited" on him. Started as a gelding, won his debut , then won an Optional Claiming race in his second start. In his first try in a stakes (non-graded) he reared and unseated his rider when fractious in the gate, stumbled at the start, raced along the rail, then went to the outside three deep, was four wide into the stretch and finished willing in fourth place. That was good enough for his connections to try him next in the Grade 1 Awesome Again, which he won.

• KMMKMM Member
    Neat progression and good for owners and trainer to go for it!
  • Will I don't know how he (Smooth Roller) is "regarding" them, lol, but he is Rewarding them.
    Neat progression and good for owners and trainer to go for it!
  • KMMKMM Member
    He wants to race and win; too bad he can't talk to Coz.:)
  • Kind of going to go off topic here but I couldn't think of a good place to put this.

All this talk about the breakdowns at Keeneland being a sad coincidence. I think a key indicator whether that's truth or word on the backside is that something has gone wrong with the track will be whether or not Rachel's Valentina runs.

Stonestreet has already lost Rock Fall and will have the necropsy reports on that break down. While it's true there is only 1 shot at the Juvenile fillies, RV is just too precious to risk, especially as she could come back next year and clean up the Distaff on another track.

Noticed that Stopchargingmarie had a work today but RV ... who appeared to be training on track with SCM didn't work. Hmmmmm.
  • Very true, just last week Pletcher was saying he works them together.
  • @Zenyen: Insightful observation.
  • Love the Breeders Cup. the pageantry, the equine stars, all the big races. It really is spectacular.
    Having said that, I`m not a big fan of the two year old cup races. I could give many reasons why, but I`ll just say many should start winding down now in preparation for next year. The three year old schedule is pretty rough and starts early.

Wouldnt mind one bit if little Val was given some time to grow and prepare for next year.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I agree Tincup, especially if she was so wiped out after her G1 win. She can come back next year. She has already won her laurels as a two year old.
  • Yes, she could sit on the shelf the rest of the year and come back as a three year old.

I've heard a lot of chatter about how severalof these young ladies should contest the Derby, not the Oaks, in 2016. The girls have been sparkling, the boys not so exciting.
  • Agree completely about the Fillies.
    What the three year olds have to do from jan. to june is so unlike any other division. I`m sure it plays a part in loss of form from the cup participants.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Wow. The fillies. Have not focussed on 2 year old boys...
  • Wild Ridge is running October 17th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going one mile on turf at Meadowlands. She will be ridden by Armando Ayuso. She is trained by Derek Ryan and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.
  • Queen Pauline is running October 18th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going furlongs at Keeneland. She will be ridden by Ricardo Santana Jr. She is trained by Steve Asmussen and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.
  • Flash Of Wonder is running October 21st in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going one mile at Remington Park. She will be ridden by Angel Cruz. She is trained by Steve Asmussen and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.
  • Queen Pauline is running October 18th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going furlongs at Keeneland. She will be ridden by Ricardo Santana Jr. She is trained by Steve Asmussen and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.
    She finished 6th of 9
  • Wild Ridge is running October 17th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going one mile on turf at Meadowlands. She will be ridden by Armando Ayuso. She is trained by Derek Ryan and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.
    She finished 1st.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I like the names she gives horses. :)
  • Samantha Nicole is running October 22nd in an allowance optional claiming race for fillies and mares 3 years old and upward going 1 1/16th miles on turf at Belmont. She will be ridden by Luis Saez. She is trained by Kiaran McLaughlin and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.