Stonestreet Farms - Barbara Banke

Comments

• Union Jackson is running June 4th in the Aristides Stakes for 3 year olds and upward going 6 furlongs at Churchill Downs. He will be ridden by Ricardo Santana Jr. He is trained by Steve Asmussen and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    An interesting Blog post by Stonestreet talking about Foal Registration.

Of particular note the movement to microchipping in 2017.

http://www.stonestreetfarms.com/2016/06/02/make-jockey-club-official-foal-registration/
  • Microchip for identifying thoroughbreds, long over due in my opinion.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Good idea. How many microchip their dogs here, out of curiosity?
  • edited June 2016
    Yes..my dogs and cats....
    Good idea. How many microchip their dogs here, out of curiosity?
  • Good idea. How many microchip their dogs here, out of curiosity?
    All mine except the boxer I got now. Little leary of this since now they put them to sleep to microchip at my vets. But he has an interest- ing mark on his chest of what looks like a lion's tail to me. Easily identifiable

• All of mine are chipped but the old lady dog.
  • Union Jackson is running June 4th in the Aristides Stakes for 3 year olds and upward going 6 furlongs at Churchill Downs. He will be ridden by Ricardo Santana Jr. He is trained by Steve Asmussen and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.
    He finished 3rd of 6.
  • Encrypt (1/2 to Algorithms, Justin Phillip, Greenpointcrusader etc by Tapit) is running June 10th in a maiden special weight for 3 year olds and upward going 7 furlongs at Belmont. He will be ridden by Eric Cancel. He is trained by Kiaran McLaughlin and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC and Gainesway Stable.
  • KMMKMM Member
    What is cost of chipping?
  • What is cost of chipping?
    Not sure what it is now through my vet but the vet in the next town (15miles) will do it for $44 if you just have the microchip done. But if you want or have questions for the vet, you will be charged that and an office fee.

• One of the problems I've heard with microchipping is that they sometimes shift to different locations under the skin than where they were initially implanted, so they can be hard to find on some animals. If they can take care of that issue, microchipping is a great solution.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Is there a best place to locate them?
  • Is there a best place to locate them?
    I'm not intimately familiar with the details, but I'm pretty sure most of them are implanted in the shoulder/back somewhere. Maybe with horses it would be near the withers?
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    my dog has his in his back between the shoulders....not sure about horses but these are now small enough to be "injected" under the skin....seems it would be less painful than a tatto
  • Queen Pauline is running June 9th in a maiden special weight for fillies and mares 3 years old and upward going 1 1/16th miles on turf at Belmont. She will be ridden by Florent Geroux. She is trained by Todd Pletcher and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.
  • Cavorting is running June 11th in the Ogden Phipps Stakes for fillies and mares 4 years old and upward going 1 1/16th miles at Belmont. She will be ridden by Florent Geroux. She is trained by Kiaran McLaughlin and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.
  • Amoral is running June 11th in an allowance optional claiming race for 3 year olds and upward going 7 furlongs at Belmont. He will be ridden by Jose Ortiz. He is trained by Kiaran McLaighlin and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.
  • Stanford is running June 11th in the Mohegan Sun Metropolitan Handicap. He will be ridden by Javier Castellano. He is trained by Todd Pletcher and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC and Tabor, Maginer, and Smith.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Stonestreet Farm ‏@StonestreetFarm Friday August 19 2016
    My Miss Aurelia in 2011, the next year Kauai Katie, &
    then Cavorting in 2014.

Who will win the 2016 G2 Adirondack?
    Good luck to all!
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited August 2016
    Howell Mountain is running August 19th in a maiden special weight for 3 year olds and upward going one mile and 7 yards at Monmouth Park.He will be ridden by Victor Lebron. He is trained by Todd Pletcher and bred and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.
  • Dawn The Destroyer is running August 21st in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 5 1/2 furlongs at Ellis Park. She will be ridden by David Romero Flores. She is trained by Steve Asmussen and bred and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.
  • Anna House is running August 21st in a maiden special weight for fillies and mares 3 years old and upward going 6 furlongs at Gulfstream Park. She will be ridden by Carlos Hernandez. She is trained by Martin Wolfson and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.
  • Dawn The Destroyer is running August 21st in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 5 1/2 furlongs at Ellis Park. She will be ridden by David Romero Flores. She is trained by Steve Asmussen and bred and owned by Stonestreet Stables LLC.

That name, Dawn the Destroyer, got me. Reminds me of Hovis over on the Blog. Gotta pull for her.