Goldikova

NIcole71NIcole71 Member
Any news on her? What is her status? Is she to become a "mommy" as well?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks, I admired this horse and followed her racing career. After she retired I feel like there has not been much written about her and I am so curious.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That is great. Thanks
  • Goldikova arrived at Coolmore on Jan 26 for her date with Galileo. So she should have been bred sometime around that date. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything yet. Maybe they are just waiting to make sure nothing happens before announcing she is in foal.
  • I hope Goldikova is ok, I think she is a great race mare.
  • I think they would've waited a few days or weeks before breeding. End of Jan risks an end of this year foal. Plus an early Jan foal they just don't do as well. Better to wait. Plus they have to put the mare under lights for awhile so she'll ovulate.
    Goldikova arrived at Coolmore on Jan 26 for her date with Galileo. So she should have been bred sometime around that date. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything yet. Maybe they are just waiting to make sure nothing happens before announcing she is in foal.
  • Thanks, for the information everyone. I appreciate it. If/When updates or any new info arrives please post so we can all stay in the loop.

Have a blessed Easter/Passover weekend.
  • The racing world has alot of champion foals to look forward to in the future. It is so much fun to track their future.Good luck to all the foals..Please have a joyful EASTER. GOD bless you. SHERRY
  • Our Queen Zenyatta's connections go over and above to keep us all informed about what has happened in her life since she retired. So many times when these mares retire to the broodmare band you never get to hear what is going on with them. I would love to hear about Goldikova, too, so I hope her family will share all the news of her too - many of them could learn from the example of the Moss's.

• Goldikova is special. She should be given more recognition. I agree not much has been written about her. I hope we read great news soon.
  • Agreed, Marilu and Celeste. The Moss' are trail blazers so to speak with how they have handled Zenyatta's retirement and post racing life - a lot of lessons to be learned here. I hope the connections of Goldikova follow the Moss' example.
  • It didnt matter that she lost the mile. she already passed the record of two in a row. she has/had nothing to lose. She was a great runner
  • Agreed, Rachel. Let's keep our fingers crossed we hear some positive news about her soon.
  • Hello All, just checking in to see if anyone has heard an update, etc. From all I can tell still radio silent regarding Goldikova and possible pregnancy.
  • She was one heck of a race mare. Hope that we hear more about her. It seems like the girls have done a lot more for the sport in the last few years than the boys. Think about it: Zenyatta, Rachel, Havre de Grace, Goldikova, and quite a few more. I am glad to see this turn of events. Maybe it will bring more attention to the fact that the girls run too.
  • She sure was! I hope she gets all the proper recognition she deserves for being one hell of racing mare! I just want to hear more about her as we have access to Zenyatta, Rachel Alexandra and HDG, I feel like Goldikova has fallen off of the grid...
  • without knowing the real deal, could it possibly be that some farms/stables/owners don't feel as though they'd like information about their horses to be as available to fans as others? sometimes I feel that us rabid horse fans have had so much access to Zenyatta and others, that we feel as if we're owed information on demand. I love Goldikova too, and I think she was a great race mare. However, I don't feel the need to know if she's pregnant the moment she is. Relax, and let nature take it's course. Some people, (believe it or not), like privacy in their affairs. And to Racoon, I agree; girls have had a real good run lately. (No pun intended). But there have always been great race mares, going back to the day. And everybody knew it. I think the reason boys get more attention sometimes, is that American racing is really an advertisement of American stallion's breeding potential. That applies to great racing mares as well, its just that there are usually more outstanding stallions than there are outstanding girl runners. Just the way it is.
  • Lovehorses, you have a good and valid point. In this age of information we just "expect" full access to everything and everyone all the time. There is something to be said for discretionand privacy. That said, it doesn't mean you don't have the right to ask the question and be curios especially if you followed the horses career and have a geniue concern.
  • She sure was! I hope she gets all the proper recognition she deserves for being one hell of racing mare! I just want to hear more about her as we have access to Zenyatta, Rachel Alexandra and HDG, I feel like Goldikova has fallen off of the grid...
    She has gotten plenty of recognition for her career. She won the Cartier Award for Horse of the Year in Europe for 2010, and won the Eclipse Award as Turf Female. She has a large fan base in France.
  • AmandaFAmandaF Member
    edited February 2013
    It's a colt for Goldikova and Galileo born 2/3/13. She will go back to Galileo.
  • Amanda F. Here is The Blood-Horse article. Hugs, Keta
    Goldikova's First Foal Is a Colt
    By Blood-Horse Staff Updated: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 5:55 PM
    Alain and Gerard Wertheimer's homebred champion Goldikova, the sole three-time Breeders' Cup winner, produced her first foal, a colt by leading sire Galileo, Sunday, Feb. 3, at Coolmore Stud in Ireland, according to Coolmore's Facebook page. The 8-year-old mare (Anabaa—Born Gold, by Blushing Groom) will be bred back to Galileo, who stands at Coolmore.
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/76063/goldikovas-first-foal-is-a-colt
  • Yea!!! A healthy colt. May God bless them both.
  • Wonderful news! Godspeed, little one!
  • Congratulations to Goldikova, and her connections. Interesting to see that they are breeding her back to Galileo. that can only be a good thing. I hope we get to see some pictures of the foal. I love baby albums.