Wise Dan - Two time Horse of the Year and a Grand Old Gelding

Comments

• Claire Novak ‏ The Blood-Horse update on Monday Oct. 13 2014
    "He’s at Keeneland; he’s not in any discomfort in any way, shape or form," LoPresti said of Wise Dan, who is hand-walking twice a day.

• So disappointing! Was so looking forward to his 3-peat! But kudos to Mr. Lopresti and Mr. Fink for always doing what is best for the horse. They said he owes us nothing - if in 30 days the bone is not growing back 100 percent the right way, then he would be retired.
  • For his sake, i hope he is retired. I would hate for him to break down during his gallant runs :(
  • edited October 2014
    Wise Dan is one of my all time favorites. I am hoping now that he is 7 and has had 30 starts, his connections will seriously consider retiring him. He deserves the best retirement that a champion can have. I would love to see that (possible) retirement be at the KHP. I would be the first to visit him!
  • Why cant there be a horse park where i live T.T lol
  • Rachel, I will make a trip to Kentucky from Florida if I can visit with the great Wise Dan! ;-)
  • Id do it if i had the time and money
  • Horse country in Kentucky can't be all that far away from the Blue Ridge country of VA. Do it on a 3-day weekend. Bring camping gear and it will only cost you the gasoline. You'd have to eat wherever you are, so don't count the cost of eating. Camping in a public campground is very reasonable in price and even the private ones are cheaper than motels.
  • I couldnt take off a day of work though. I only get weekends off, work monday to friday. Usually have to work on some holidays, i only got about 200 or so dollars to work with after bills
  • I live all the way in Northern Va. KY, especially that part of kY is a long way away
  • Rachel, I didn't get to as many farms as I wanted but in one day I toured Three Chimneys (got to kiss that Smarty Jones and Dynaformer sneered at me), Claiborne (Pulpit was such a sweetie pie), Lanes End (oh, too many to acknowledge, but that API and Curlin were spectacular), and the KHP ( Cigar). It took me many years to do it but whenever you can take a road trip to remember it'll be worth it - I still smile when I think about it!! :-)
  • "Dynaformer sneered at me." I love it, what a great ornery old dude he was. I would have loved to see him and have him sneer at me! I might have fainted to be in his presence.
  • Louise, I have the pictures if I could only figure out how to post (I've gone through all the tutorials on this site but to no avail - I will ask for help from this end). He was totally the "old grump", and the bottom of the iron bars on the outside of his stall were bent from kicks. What a guy!
  • Oh, I really hope you can get someone to help you figure out how to post the photos. I would LOVE to see them! Dynaformer is the greatest!
  • I love the video of Dynaformer where he has enough of being shown, he just walks away not even caring if he is dragging his handler behind him lol
  • I love the video of Dynaformer where he has enough of being shown, he just walks away not even caring if he is dragging his handler behind him lol
    So funny! He was the boss and he knew it.

• Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited October 2014
    Louise, I have the pictures if I could only figure out how to post (I've gone through all the tutorials on this site but to no avail - I will ask for help from this end). He was totally the "old grump", and the bottom of the iron bars on the outside of his stall were bent from kicks. What a guy!
    Hi bigherbie...With feedback from VA_in_CA, using Tinypic...she was able to download her photos from her own computer picture files using the Tinypic tutorial that I made for first time users. Here is page 3 in Posting A Picture.
    http://www.zenyatta.com/discussions#/discussion/comment/67513
    It will be easier for you to just Print Out the Tutorial starting with Tinypic Part 1 and Part 2 to use as a printed guide instead of doing a split screen and just go to part B. SWITCHING BETWEEN SCREENS:

Step One:
    HOW TO PRINT THE TINYPIC TUTORIAL:
    Here is the free tinypic link below:
    http://tinypic.com/
    Left click and hold the button from the very top of the Part One tutorial. When highlighted the tutorial will turn "blue". Keep scrolling downwards while holding down the left click button to get all of the Part One tutorial. Release the left button-the tutorial should remain highlighted in blue. Now...right click and select copy (use left click to select copy) from your drop-down screen. Next open up a new word document. Now left click on this blank word document. Then right click for the drop-down screen and select "paste" (use left click to select paste) in your blank word document. Do the same steps with Part Two Tutorial. Save Part One & Part Two tutorial now in a word document into your computer then print it out in it's entirety.

Note: Others use Control C for "copy" and Control V for "paste" if this is your usual method.

Step Two:
    After printing the Tinypic tutorial...get familiar with the tutorial terminologies using the pictorial images in part 1.

Step Three:
    Locate the Zenyatta Forum Thread (Topic) that you intend to post a picture in. Have your Forum Posting Window in that thread ready.

Step Four:
    Click the Free Tinypic link below.
    http://tinypic.com/
    You will be using the "Switching Between Screens" method using the "Index Tabs" with the printed hardcopy of the tutorial as your guide for part 2.
    imageI hope these steps above will help you! :oD
  • bigherbie, if I can learn to use tinypic, anyone can. Now it is really easy, once I did it the first time.
  • A video of his 2014 and 2013 Shadwell Turf mile with a few other photos thrown in. Wish I took better photos.
  • The pictures were fine; didn't care for the music though. Did you take the pictures yourself? That's very impressive if you did and I envy you the opportunity to be here in person. Wow.
  • All photos and video are mine. I know putting music to the images and video may not be to everyone's taste, but it won't play right on windows movie maker to upload with dead silence, and I'm not wanting to share private conversations with my friends and family. I've been privileged to see all of his races in KY since his Firecracker at Churchill Downs...then all races since for several years at Keeneland. Thank you. I LOVE him!!
  • I have to disagree with VA_in_CA on this one. Ashton, I love, love the music! Not only do I love anything by Queen, I think it fits a video of Wise Dan perfectly. However, I do understand everyone has different tastes in music, but I do love this and the video. Thanks for sharing, Ashton. I'm loving all the videos.
  • I personally love the music choice. I absolutely love this song. I always wanted a video with this song dedicated to Zenyatta and her amazing team.
  • Well done Ashton! I enjoyed your images, and music. Thanks for sharing with us-I love this guy too.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Love this Ashton....the music always reminds me of Fremont street in Vegas....they use a lot of Queen on their overhead screen