Street Cry - Sire of Zenyatta

So I know that there is concern for Street Cry and it is being posted under the Injuries thread, but it just feels like he needs and deserves his own Discussion timeline.

Praying they can pinpoint the disorder and do something to relieve his pain and get him back up on his feet (literally).

Below has been posted, but it describes the essence of our concern.

Mystery ailment strikes Darley sire Street Cry
By Bloodstock World Staff 5 SEP 2014
DARLEY shuttle sire Street Cry is suffering from a neurological ailment that has left him unable to stand for long periods of time.
The disorder, which has left the 16-year-old severely lame on his right foreleg, means he is unlikely to be able to fulfil his southern hemisphere breeding commitments for the season, which began on Monday.
Darley Australia managing director Henry Plumptre said breeders had been notified of the situation.
http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/mystery-ailment-strikes-darley-sire-street-cry/1715207/#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

Comments

• So sad to hear this
  • just saw him in June, damn, hope he gets thru this
  • I posted my comments on the Injury Thread, but I must say here that this is just too sad. I wish he was home in Kentucky. Why with an "on going problem" was he a shuttle stallion? :-(
  • I posted my comments on the Injury Thread, but I must say here that this is just too sad. I wish he was home in Kentucky. Why with an "on going problem" was he a shuttle stallion? :-(
    It's only been happening for a couple of weeks according to the article, so up until now he was perfectly healthy enough to shuttle.

• Thanks for the information on Street Cry. Glad they did not ship him hurting.
  • Hip 58 - The Lane’s End agency consigns this Street Cry colt out of graded-placed Magical Ride. He’s a half brother to Ride on Curlin, whose three grade I placings include a runner-up finish to California Chrome in this year's Preakness Stakes.
  • Anyone hear any updated news on Street Cry?
  • @darleystallions tweeted thanking everyone for their concern. They said he is doing well and continues to be stable and comfortable.

They tweeted this about three hours ago.
  • Hip 433 - Woods Edge Farm returns with this Street Cry filly, a half sister to 2010 Wood Memorial (gr. I) winner and freshman sire Eskendereya . Another half sibling Balmont is a group I winner in England. The dam is the Seattle Slew mare Aldebaran Light.
  • Gathering is running September 13th in the George Rosenberger Memorial Stakes. He will be ridden by Alex Cintron. He is trained by Jonathan Sheppard and owned by Augustin Stable.
  • Street Action is running September 19th in a maiden special weight for 2 year olds going 1 1/16th miles on turf at Churchill Downs. He will be ridden by Joe Rocco Jr. He is trained by Phillip Sims and owned by Sierra Farm.
  • Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
    By Ron Mitchell The Blood-Horse September 17, 2014
    Street Cry, Darley's leading sire whose progeny included Zenyatta and classic winner Street Sense , has been euthanized after succumbing to complications relating to a neurological condition. The son of Machiavellian was 16.
    Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/87437/top-stallion-street-cry-dead-at-age-16#ixzz3DatcRPzD
  • Such sad news!!! Darn! Fortunately he passed his DNA along to many fine offspring, including our Queen and her princes and princess. RIP Street Cry.
  • Thanks for posting the BloodHorse article, Keta. There's a good video with it, too.
  • I'm heartsick over the news of Street Cry's death. Rest in Peace, dear boy. You were so noble and fine.
  • Street Jersey is running September 20th in a maiden special weight for 2 year olds going 6 1/2 furlongs at Belmont. He will be ridden by Rajiv Maragh. He is trained by Barclay Tagg and owned by Charles Fipke.
  • saw him in june, sorry to see him go, way to young, but his legacy seems secure with so many sons doing well at stud
  • Thankfully there is a full brother to Zeny to look forward to and while Street Cry's legacy will be carried on for future generations through Zeny on the dam's side hopefully little brother will turn out to be a significant sire and sire of sires.
  • I was so shocked and saddened when I heard that Street Cry had passed away. He was a true champion and such an outstanding sire. He has a lasting legacy thru Zenyatta, Street Sense, Street Boss and so many others. Darley stands a number of his sons at stud (Street Sense, Street Boss) including recently retired Carlton House, owned by Her Majesty The Queen. This is another of his sons who raced in England and Australia --- possessed precocity at two but had that famous Street Cry durability that allowed him to race competitively thru age six. There is a wonderful video tribute to Street Cry at the Darley website --- I've watched it several times.
    http://www.darleyatjonabell.com/videos/street-crysite

Hopefully, V's Street Cry Colt, full brother to Z, will someday add to this great sire's legacy. Zenyatta will assuredly be his most enduring legacy, But, Ann & Jerry Moss have a Street Cry filly yearling that I will also be watching as she develops over the next two or three years.. Their "Blue Hen" mare, Set Them Free had a Street Cry filly foal on April 7, 2014. Set Them Free is the "Grand old Dam" of the Moss Broodmares. She is the dam of Giacomo (Kentucky Derby winner}, Tiago, Styler (now a Moss Broodmare), Sea Jewel and Stanwyck who is currently racing with some success.

Set Them Free was a sprinter and a real speed horse but her offspring have been classy distance runners. Her sire, Stop The Music, sired Temperance Hill, 1980 champion three year old colt who won the Belmont. The Mosses purchased Set Them Free as a two year old for $45,000 and have bred her to some top stallions. Recent foals --- 2011 filly, Rutile by Medaglia D' Oro, 2012 colt, Veneto by Malibu Moon and her 2014 unnamed filly by Street Cry. I think "Street Music" would be a great name for this little filly! Set Them Free lives at Millridge Farm and her best "girl friend" is Barbaro's dam, La Ville Rouge.
  • Still getting over the lose of Street Cry! The more pics I see of him, the more I see a deep intelligence reflected in his eyes and demeanor. I think Zenyatta got much of her intelligence from her sire. She, also, got great bone from Street Cry along with other super attributes, and she is passing that on to her foals. I think Street Cry has given great genes to our frail (too many break downs) bloodstock.
  • Thanks, bleubetty, for posting the info on the Moss's mares. Some likely prospects among the offspring.