Scat Daddy

Comments

• Wireless Future is running May 2nd in the American Turf Stakes. He will be ridden by Florent Geroux. He is trained by Tom Amoss and owned by Klaravich Stables Inc.
  • El Kabeir is running May 2nd in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum Brands. He will be ridden by Calvin Borel. He is trained by John Terranova and owned by Zayat Stables LLC.
  • EL KABEIR:

El Kabeir’s sire, Frac Daddy, has sired several graded stakes winners at a mile and one-quarter, including Il Campione, Lady of Shamrock, and Princess Daddy. The colt’s dam, Great Venue, is a daughter of Unbridled’s SONG – the broodmare sire of ten-furlong graded stakes winners including Better Than Ever and Hold Me Back.

El Kabeir is among the most experienced of the Derby field in terms of starts, having raced nine times. After breaking his maiden in his second start at Saratoga, he was a well-beaten fourth in the Champagne Stakes (gr. I) before finishing second –beaten five lengths – in the Nashua Stakes (gr. II). Leaving New York for the Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes (gr. II) at CHURCHILL DOWNS, El Kabeir acquired his first graded stakes victory, hanging on to win by a head. The colt has had a good three-year-old season in New York, winning the Jerome Stakes (gr. III) and Gotham Stakes (gr. III) with an impressive turn of foot. While finishing second in the Withers Stakes (gr. III) and third in the Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I), El Kabeir turned in respectable efforts but was no match for the winners.

Completing his final work for the Derby at his home base of Belmont, El Kabeir breezed four furlongs in a blazing 46.81. Although he will have little training at Churchill this week, he ALREADY has an all-important win over the surface.

Although El Kabeir can have a remarkable late kick, it may not be enough for this field, especially at the mile and one-quarter distance despite the fact that he likes Churchill’s surface.
  • Conquest Boogaloo is running May 16th in the Marine Stakes. He will be ridden by Patrick Husbands. He is trained by Mark Casse and owned by Conquest Stables LLC.
  • Celestine is running May 16th in the Wait a While Stakes. She will be ridden by Rajiv Maragh. She is trained by Bill Mott and owned by James Bryan Jr.
  • Scat Daddybaby is running May 17th in the Governer's Handicap. He will be ridden by Juan Gutierrez. He is trained by Robert Baze and owned by Michael and Amy Feuerborn.
  • Prettypriceygirl is running May 23rd in the Albuquerque Distaff Handicap. She will be ridden by Isaias Enriquez. She is trained by Justin Evans and owned by SEJ Stables Inc.
  • Fooled Again is running May 24th in the Auburn Handicap. He will be ridden by Juan Gutierrez. He is trained by Howard Belvoir and owned by Todd and Shawn Hansen.
  • Frac Daddy is running May 30th in the Opening Verse Stakes. He will be ridden by Corey Lanerie. He is trained by Kenny McPeek and owned by Magic City Thoroughbred Partners.
  • Don't know if this is considered a faux pas, but the program I got my gelding from has a very handsome Scat Daddy gelding available. Very trustworthy seller.
    http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-1013156
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited June 2015
    Garnished Wages is running June 7th in the Possibly Perfect Handicap. She will be ridden by Gonzalo Nicholas. She is trained by Dan Hendricks and owned by Tachycardia Stables.
  • Dacita - 2015 Ballston Spa Stakes:
  • Top Sire Scat Daddy Dies at Age 11
    By Evan Hammonds, The Blood-Horse December 14, 2015
    Scat Daddy , a multiple grade I winner and sire of 69 stakes winners, died Dec. 14 at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky. The death was reported by Ashford manager Dermot Ryan via Twitter:
    Passing of Scat Daddy: "Scat Daddy was in the best of health but totally unexpectedly he dropped dead when walking out of his paddock;
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/96559/top-sire-scat-daddy-dies-at-age-11
  • So sad and so young. RIP Scat Daddy.
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited December 2015
    Yes, sad. I hope they let us know the cause. He was very young for just dropping dead.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited December 2015
    Here again is a conformation photo from Coolmore-Ashford of handsome Scat Daddy...RIP

Scat Daddy stood 16.1hh
    Scat Daddy entered stud in 2008 and his 2015 Ashford Stud Fee was only $35,000 (s/n) but increased to $100,000 for 2016...which was not to be.

As a young stallion, he sired outstanding champions:
    Daddy Long Legs (2009c): $1,348,231
    El Kabeir (2012c): $828,892
    Frac Daddy (2010c): $700,912
    Handsome Mike (2009c): $1,005,413
    Lady Of Shamrock (2009f): $950,400
    No Nay Never (2011c): $677,999

Pedigree Chart: http://www.pedigreequery.com/scat+daddy

imageScat Daddy's Conformation photo from www.coolmore.com

Here is a photo of Scat Daddy taken in late May 2015...eating his afternoon dinner.
    imageThis is the only photo that came out in the collection we took of Scat Daddy. Scat Daddy with half his face in his feed container.
  • I thought El Kabeir had his own thread, but I found nothing. Oh well, what better place to post comments about him then here with his dad.
    Time to shine the shield and sharpen the sword. You shall be the the knight in shining armor. Last work at Santa Anita on the 13th five in 100.80 does it feel right? Third off the layoff, out of a win. This is yours. Wear down the unhappy warrior and prepare to take the place your father has left to you.
    Forever scat daddy....
  • Nice tribute tincup.:)
  • Nice tribute tincup.:)
    Mostly about El Kabeir and his tilt at Santa Anita in the Malibu. But yes, also an opportunity to forward scat daddy's legacy.

• I like El Kabeir in his own space, very much.
  • RACE REPLAY: 2016 Del Mar Oaks: