2014 Foals - Hansen

I found this exciting, even though I was not a follower of Hansen. I love it when a breeding animal, of any variety!, stamps its offspring with enough consistency the parent is easily identified.

First Foals by Champion Hansen to Be Offered at November Sales

by Press Release | 09.11.2014 | 11:13am

OBS

Ask RayFoals from the first crop of 2011 Eclipse champion Hansen will be offered at Kentucky’s November Thoroughbred sales, Kendall E. Hansen, M.D., announced Thursday.

Hansen bred the nearly white champion colt and was majority owner during the horse’s racing career. He has entered one weanling in the Fasig-Tipton Select sale on Nov. 3 and six others in the Keeneland Mixed Sale, which runs Nov. 4-14.

The foals represent Hansen’s only crop to be born in the United States for the foreseeable future.

Hansen, a 2009 son of hot sire Tapit, was sold to stand at Coolmore America’s Ashford Stud in November 2012. In October 2013, Coolmore accepted an undisclosed but reportedly large, unsolicited offer from the Korea Racing Authority, and Hansen now stands in South Korea. Before his departure, Hansen left a legacy in the U.S. numbering about 120 foals.

“The Tapit/Pulpit blood line is having a rem

Comments