New Pet Dogs

Hey there this is a discussion for those who have some wonderful dogs that they currently have or are going to be getting or people who just want to talk about wonderful dogs that they use to have here is the place to do so. I will list my dogs and a few of my friend's dogs (the bolded ones are newer dogs that have came into our lives)
My Dogs
Deuce: 4 year old red merle Australian Shepherd female (got from breeder)
Texas (Tex): 5 year old blue merle Rough Collie male (got from breeder)
Gracelyn (Grace): 3 year old Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever female (got from family friend who breeds them)
Hooch: 6 year old Dogue de Bordeaux male (got from family member who breeds them)
Shiraz: 9 year old German Wirehaired Pointer female (got from family member who breeds them)
Shiloh: 11 year old German Shorthaired Pointer male (got from family friend who breeds them)
Macy: 1 year old Akita female (adopted)
Racer: 5 month old Shiba Inu male (adopted)
Trixie: 7 year old Schipperke female (found on the side of the road)
Dazzle: 2 year old Finnish Spitz male (adopted)
Kenzie's Dogs
Now some of these are a little confusing Baxter and Luna are half siblings here is the reasoning the family friend that my cousin Kenzie got Baxter from owns both Luna's and Baxter's parents their mother is a Chow Chow. Also with Kenzie's dogs her dog Max is a half brother to her dog Maya the reasoning for that is the other family member owns the parents of both Max and Maya, their father is a Catahoula Leopard Dog.
Baxter: 13 year old Golden Retriever Chow Chow male (got from family friend, he is a half brother to Luna)
Luna: 6 year old Siberian Husky Chow Chow female (got from family friend, half sister to Baxter & Panda)
Max: 1 year old Catahoula Leopard Dog Pitbull male (got from family member, half brother to Maya)
Tally: 2 year old Saluki German Shepherd female (found in the woods)
Luke: 3 year old Dalmatian male (got from breeder)
Brandi: 9 year old Pitbull female (adopted)
Tatum: 4 year old Border Collie male (got from breeder)
Maya: 1 year old Catahoula Leopard Dog Siberian Husky female (got from family member, half sister to Max)
Spirit: 4 month old Giant Schnauzer male (got from breeder)
Sadie: 2 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel female (got from breeder)
Miranda's Dogs
Here is a little thing about Miranda's dog Panda he is a half brother to Luna, the reasoning is that the family friend has the father of Panda & Luna which is the Siberian Husky, just to clarify
Moon: 6 year old Bulldog female (got from breeder)
Tucker: 15 year old Australian Shepherd Pitbull male (got from family friend)
Blossom: 4 month old Finnish Lapphund female (got from breeder)
Panda: 10 month old Border Collie Siberian Husky male (got from family friend, half brother to Luna)
Trinity: 3 year old Scottish Terrier female (got from breeder)
Miracle: 4 year old Sealyham Terrier male (got from breeder)
Prada: 5 year old Pitbull female (adopted)
Bond: 8 year old Colored Bull Terrier male (got from breeder)
Calypso: 9 year old English Springer Spaniel female (got from breeder)
Capone: 7 year old Irish Wolfhound male (adopted)

Comments

• Where do you live where they let you keep unlimited numbers of dogs? Good Grief!
  • And who is purposely doing all these improbable cross-breeding? Chows and Catahoula Leopard Dogs?! Australian shepherds and pit bulls?! Wow!

Are these dogs desexed?! I can't even imagine the chaos of all those intact females and males!
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited September 2014
    This list of dogs under one roof is hard to believe...even if it is a collection shared with friends.
    btw...wasn't this forum created for those interested in Zenyatta and her relationships as well as horse racing and general topics related to horses? Not for cats, dogs, etc?? I'm sure there are other forums that pertain to cats and or dogs that would be a better place to post rather than in this forum.
  • Well, wow to all those dogs!!!!!

Also, we do have threads pertaining to pets such as when some of us have lost a pet, etc. to share our pain. I believe that's okay, it helps us to share that. We probably don't need threads listing all our pets, though. Especially if more people have this many. It's not up to me, though, just my opinion.
    edited September 2014
    Perhaps this thread should be merged with the already existing one entitled "Real Life Pets" which is general enough as a topic to cover for horses, donkeys, goats including birds, dogs & cats as pets.
  • Good idea, Paniolo_Gal! Thanks
  • Yowser that's a whole lotta dogs! I only have one dog who has the run of our 1 acre backyard and its hard enough to clean up after her...lol :)
  • I don't have any mixed dogs and I only have ten I live on a farm so I have a ton of land along with Kenzie and Miranda. And two the only reason that some of these are mixed dogs is because of the parents temperaments and yes all of my dogs, all of kenzie's dogs and all of Miranda's dogs who are old enough to get fixed are
  • If the forum was created strictly for horses, horse racing, and zenyatta news...the forum admin would of made it a rule. This forum is open to anything, it is very diverse.
  • Thank you @Rachel that is what I thought
    edited September 2014
    I still don't see why this unbelievable list of 30+ dog pets couldn't have been posted in an already existing thread entitled Real Life Pets which I believe is more flexible and diverse to cover all sorts of pets.
  • I agree though PG lol Too bad we cant delete our threads that we created x.x
  • We might not be able to delete threads, but Kylea can close them if she's willing, since this thread is pretty redundant after the "Real Life Pets" thread. Diversity on the forum is all well and good but there are so many threads already, it seems unnecessary to create one that is so incredibly similar to an already existing one
  • One @Paniolo_Gal the only reason that it is a list of thirty dogs is because 10 of them are mine I have that many since I have a ton of acres along with my two cousins Kenzie and Miranda we live literally next door to each other and so our dogs run around all three of our yards and since we all three have a ton of acres we can have that many dogs. U can believe me or not I don't really care but I would not lie about owning ten dogs that is just stupid these are my and my cousins real dogs if you don't believe me you don't have to be in this descussion
    edited September 2014
    All we said is that you should have placed your list of 30+ dogs into a thread that already exists...Real Life Pets. I am not the only one who is amazed at how many animals you seem to have.
    Period. End of my discussion in this thread.
  • I'm amazed at 30 dogs living in such close proximity, legally. Also, in my experience with dogs, they poop at least twice a day. How is is possible to scoop 60 poops per day? Or do you just let the poops lie? The flies must number in the millions. Are there no neighbors to object? Or does this list of dogs exist only on paper? I sincerely hope so. Couldn't you be satisfied with one, who wouldn't have to share you with 29 others?
  • She lives on a farm with lots of acres, is what she said.
  • I'm amazed at 30 dogs living in such close proximity, legally. Also, in my experience with dogs, they poop at least twice a day. How is is possible to scoop 60 poops per day? Or do you just let the poops lie? The flies must number in the millions. Are there no neighbors to object? Or does this list of dogs exist only on paper? I sincerely hope so. Couldn't you be satisfied with one, who wouldn't have to share you with 29 others?
    Every one in the area has a ton of acres so nobody really cares there are tons of dogs around were i live. And two we live right next to each other so the dogs are around each other all of the time the older ones usually stay around the house while the young dogs usually follow us around our properties and they follow us when we go to get the horses so they get exercise but that is why noone really cares since we live in a farming community
  • Thank you @Rachel for once again standing up for me
  • You're lucky to have understanding neighboring farmers.

I live in a farming community and the attitude of the farmers around me is to shoot any loose dog on sight. They're well within the law too, since loose dogs are deemed a danger to livestock in my area.

It's been rough on a couple of my neighbors (especially their kids) who have learned that the farmers mean business the hard way, but leash laws are definitely obeyed in this neck of the woods.
  • You're lucky to have understanding neighboring farmers.

I live in a farming community and the attitude of the farmers around me is to shoot any loose dog on sight. They're well within the law too, since loose dogs are deemed a danger to livestock in my area.

It's been rough on a couple of my neighbors (especially their kids) who have learned that the farmers mean business the hard way, but leash laws are definitely obeyed in this neck of the woods.
    that is horrible, but that is the main reason why we moved next door to my cousins since their neighbors are so understanding. The place were we use to live farmers would shoot loose dogs which we learned from example. My cousin Kenzie's dog Baxter who is 13 is one of the oldest dogs that we actually live around well when she first got him, he loved to chase the sheep and goats well one day Kenzie brought him over 12 years ago when he was 1 years old well he decided that it would be a good idea to go and chase my neighbors sheep well we didnt think that he was home and that his daughter was home since the sheep were out until we heard a gun shot we ran towards his house and we saw Baxter limping away, my neighbor had shot him and everything just cause he was trying to chase the sheep even though he hadn't even got under the fence to get to the sheep. That is the reason why we moved once we got our dogs. Even to this day Baxter walks with a limp in the leg that he got shot in, but he is still living life to the fullest
  • My computer is being stupid so it won't let me post pictures of the actual 30 dogs cause it says it can't lode the pictures for some reason but it allows me to post pictures from the internet so I am just going to put pictures of what the dogs actually look like,
  • image This is what Deuce looks like
    image This is what Tex looks like
    image This is what Grace looks like
    image This is what Hooch looks like
    image This is what Shiraz looks like
    image This is what Shiloh looks like
    image This is what Macy looks like
    image This is what Racer looks like
    image This is what Trixie looks like
    image This is what Dazzle looks like
  • crdolce_777crdolce_777 Member
    edited September 2014
    Before you do, I hope you will take the time to listen to why there is some skepticism over the existence of these pets. Though others seem to have similar feelings, I can only speak for myself in where this skepticism comes from. This is not the first time you have said, for one reason or another, that you cannot post pictures of your own (they're on another computer, you're on your iPad and it won't work, they won't load, etc). Instead, you find pictures that look like them. For instance, when you began the "Real Life Pets" thread. Anyone can go on the internet to look at pictures of dogs. The point of having topics about our personal pets would be to see YOUR actual pets, not just ones that look like them. Hopefully you can understand that the more times you say that you will post pictures of your own, but then end up not posting at all or posting pictures from the internet, can make someone wonder about your credibility a bit. So by the time you post about 30 dogs, even if they aren't all yours but you and each of your cousins have exactly 10 apiece, other people may have some doubts. I hope you will not take this as a personal attack on you (which is not my intent at all), but as a chance to look at the situation from the opposite perspective and perhaps understand why people are questioning you
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    edited September 2014
    also- posting photos that are not your photos, without giving photo credit is not allowed here on the forum.

From the "Posting Photos Rules
    "Copyright

Photographers deserve credit for their work. If you post an image on the forums, you must credit the photographer and source. If you took the photo, credit yourself! Images posted without credit will be removed."