New Pet Dogs

Comments

• Actually, crediting the photographer is not enough. IANAL, but my understanding is that one needs express permission to reproduce copyrighted material, unless such reproduction falls under fair use (e.g., a very short excerpt or summary of an article). This is the case even if the material is not marked with a copyright symbol or disclaimer, as copyright is inherent in the creation of the work. Copyright covers electronic reproduction as well as hardcopy.
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    You are correct, Laura- however, I was only referring to the forum rules of "etiquette". As an amateur photographer, I appreciate it when people ask me first if they can use my photos, and ALWAYS with photo credit. Even DRF credited me when I shot Paynter's first breeze after he came back into training.
  • Before you do, I hope you will take the time to listen to why there is some skepticism over the existence of these pets. Though others seem to have similar feelings, I can only speak for myself in where this skepticism comes from. This is not the first time you have said, for one reason or another, that you cannot post pictures of your own (they're on another computer, you're on your iPad and it won't work, they won't load, etc). Instead, you find pictures that look like them. For instance, when you began the "Real Life Pets" thread. Anyone can go on the internet to look at pictures of dogs. The point of having topics about our personal pets would be to see YOUR actual pets, not just ones that look like them. Hopefully you can understand that the more times you say that you will post pictures of your own, but then end up not posting at all or posting pictures from the internet, can make someone wonder about your credibility a bit. So by the time you post about 30 dogs, even if they aren't all yours but you and each of your cousins have exactly 10 apiece, other people may have some doubts. I hope you will not take this as a personal attack on you (which is not my intent at all), but as a chance to look at the situation from the opposite perspective and perhaps understand why people are questioning you
    True, but I seriously do have 10 dogs and have those four cats and the horses along with my cousins I am going to wait to post the rest so I can use My REAL LIFE PICTURES so people will believe me I already posted some of ones that look like my dogs but I will wait until I get my stupid computer to work and then I will post the actual pictures. But please believe me I have these dogs since I live in the country not around alot of people it is easier to believe if you have every lived in an huge farming community that every one around you has close to 10 dogs or at least you would understand why we all three have that many dogs but thank you I will keep that in mind
  • What state or province are you in?
  • Indiana but it is in the country part of Indiana and there are a ton of Amish areas my cousins and my family were just lucky enough to be able to buy huge houses that already had a barn and a ton of acres for our animals. All we had to add on to the house is an area to put the dogs during the night time which is a kennel kind of thing were we put them during the summer time since it is air conditioned. My cousins have the same thing we have some of the biggest areas in the areas with the most acres.
  • and the best part is my cousin's sister is a vet and she gives comes to our house when the animals need check ups witch is great since we have the horses so when she comes to do check ups on our horses she brings stuff along for the dogs and cats as well and checks them to not at all at one time though one day she'll do my animals then maybe a couple days later she'll do her sister Kenzie's and then a couple more days later she'll do Miranda's animals so it isnt all crazy for her
  • I think we just want to see some real pictures, girl! C'mon, get your stuff fixed and give us a show! Be a straight shooter, like everyone here! It's a great group, everyone is kind and generous. It's just that some of your posts sound a bit over the moon. But that's ok too, everyone here is kind, that's the Zenyatta effect! :)
  • I think we just want to see some real pictures, girl! C'mon, get your stuff fixed and give us a show! Be a straight shooter, like everyone here! It's a great group, everyone is kind and generous. It's just that some of your posts sound a bit over the moon. But that's ok too, everyone here is kind, that's the Zenyatta effect! :)
    I am working on it right now I am looking at pictures to post of them some of them since they are always running around are blurry I am trying to find some good pictures of them and I told my cousins to send me some pictures of their dogs too since I don't have pictures of their new dogs. I do actually have these 10 dogs though I did not make that up why would I do that is just stupid.
  • I do actually have these 10 dogs though I did not make that up why would I do that is just stupid.
    Cuz it's the interwebz. People say alllll sorts of things because they think they have anonymity behind a computer screen. Some years back, i used to moderate a forum that was dedicated to Joanna Campbell's Thoroughbred series. Had plenty of the OMG-I'm-a-teenaged-jockey-just-liek-Ashleigh!!111 crowd who really didn't know a fetlock from a forelock that just wanted attention and a sense of fitting in. Which was kind of sad because they tended to make themselves look foolish rather than being thought of as cool, and forum regulars tended to avoid them as a result

Best thing to do is just to set up a photobucket. You can load photos from an iPhone or an iPad or whatever right from there. I do it all the time.
  • I use Tiny Pic, it is really simple and easy to upload photos on there. You can copy and paste the Direct Links. Don't even need to set up an account to use it either ^.^
  • @Paniolo_Gal also posted an extremely thorough step by step "how-to" guide to posting pictures (via ImageShack) on the "Posting a picture" thread in the Tech Support and Tutorials section. I would definitely take a look at it if you are still struggling to upload your personal photos
  • I do actually have these 10 dogs though I did not make that up why would I do that is just stupid.

Cuz it's the interwebz. People say alllll sorts of things because they think they have anonymity behind a computer screen. Some years back, i used to moderate a forum that was dedicated to Joanna Campbell's Thoroughbred series. Had plenty of the OMG-I'm-a-teenaged-jockey-just-liek-Ashleigh!!111 crowd who really didn't know a fetlock from a forelock that just wanted attention and a sense of fitting in. Which was kind of sad because they tended to make themselves look foolish rather than being thought of as cool, and forum regulars tended to avoid them as a result

Best thing to do is just to set up a photobucket. You can load photos from an iPhone or an iPad or whatever right from there. I do it all the time.
    Hayflinger! You're back!!!
  • Okay guys thank you for the options to post pictures i will look in to them and then post the pictures once again there are a ton of pictures for me to go through so I can find a good one my dogs don't sit still haha
  • Okay guys thank you for the options to post pictures i will look in to them and then post the pictures once again there are a ton of pictures for me to go through so I can find a good one my dogs don't sit still haha
    They really don't need to be perfect pictures, everyone understands that dogs don't always hold still. The point is just to post your pictures, whatever they may look like
  • I just wanted to let everyone know my parents texted me today during school and told me that they had to rush my Dogue de Bordeaux Hooch to the vet today since he couldnt get up and was yelping in pain when he tried to stand and walk and when he did get up to try to walk he could only take a few steps so I will try to keep everyone updated on his condition. Hooch is 6 years old and Dogue de Bordeaux's being big dogs they have short life span their life span is only 5-8 years so Hooch is up there but this is sudden and unexpected and very scared I will once again keep up the updates on his condition once I get updates on him as well.
  • An update on Hooch, the vet is giving him fluids right now since he was dehydrated for an odd reason and he is going to be getting x-rays on his stomach region, and they are going to be taking blood from him to test, more updates to come

• Hayflinger! You're back!!!
    Hee, never left. ;) I've been been of the lurkylurk variety lately.
  • Another update Hooch's blood work game back normal, he is still getting fluids, and we are still waiting for him to get his x-rays on his stomach region done. Once again I am getting this updates from my mom who has been texting me giving me updates about his condition
  • Hayflinger, I love your Forum name. Very clever.
  • Another update on Hooch he got his x-rays done and nothing appears to be wrong in his stomach region which is a good thing. There is a little fluid around his lungs like he is starting to get a heart memer but there is medicine for that. The vet checked his joints and believes that it is just the beginning signs of arthritis which is the reason why it hurts him to walk, they are just going to keep him over night just so they can keep an eye on him especially since he was dehydrated for an odd reason but the good thing is that he is alert and still loves everyone
  • Hey I just wanted to let you guys know Miranda's dog Capone her 7 year old Irish Wolfhound who she adopted about 6 months ago today (she adopted him on March 29th) is not doing good so keep him in your prayers
  • A late update on Miranda's dog Capone her 7 year old Irish Wolfhound, sadly they had to put Capone down because he actually got cancer in a few spots in his body but mainly because he actually got osteosarcoma which is an aggressive type of bone cancer. That was a week ago, Miranda and her family want another Irish Wolfhound so if anyone knows of one please let me know so I can tell her.
  • So it's been a few weeks, any progress with the photo posting?
  • I'm sure we shall continue to wait with breathless anticipation.

On the topic of dogs, I don't have one, alas. :( Probably because I'm horse poor and because I have a guinea pig and that's the only house pet I'm allowed at the moment -- I can negotiate with my parents after the event of his passing, but for now, dogs are a no go.)

Doesn't mean I can't have fun with a friend's though. She's got two Corgis and their personalities are just to die for. If I could have a dog, a Corgadile would be the one.

Stella, hanging out by my front door after a walk at my house.

And Big Jooooon! He's massive for a Corg. And a ton of fun.

I live vicariously (for now)
  • What is a Corgadile?