Equines In Costumes! Your Horse's Alter Ego...

Comments

• Yep...all lthe Conquistador had to do when the natives came too close was kick them..yaouch!
  • Here it is, the Mini Unicorn

• Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited October 2014
    So glad you were able to locate this photo of the mini unicorn. Ahhh so, so beautiful and ethereal..."mythical" looking. Right out of the storybook indeed!
  • Can we do costumes for dogs? I got quite a few good ones lol
    edited October 2014
    Sure...that's fine! :oD

But in this thread since it's equine themed...it would be even better to see dogs or cats dressed up in horsey, donkey, zebra, cowboy/jockey, etc. themed costumes. LOL! I can imagine what these housepets would look like. I believe a hippopotamus, rhino, tapir are also distant relatives of the equidae family. But not sure about the elephant.

btw...Other animals found in a farming environment are okay too on this thread...like a cow or a goat...even a Llama or camel. Four legs are a requirement however. Unless it is a costume for a "seahorse". LOL!
  • I just really wanted to share these that I found. Dogs Dressed as Horses, I already found a few lol

imageimageimageimageimage
    edited October 2014
    Ouch! Once again...My stomach is hurting from laughing! These costumes are sooo outrageously good and FUNNY! Poor dogs and cat. I hope their owners were expressing these pet's alter egos. Oh Dear what am I saying!

OH MY!...Frankenstein is sooo real looking! The Smurf and Mario costumes are just killing me and the Star Wars characters are a riot!
  • I'm stepping out for awhile. I can't wait to see what else you found as pet costumes! I can just imagine! LOL!
  • Rachel...I really think that Chinese Crested Horse costume was just amazing...had to post the direct photo on that one...LOL!
    imagePhoto by Ren Netherland from Dailymail.co.uk
  • It really is LOL, i laughed so hard finding all of these photos
  • Looks like a Chinese Crested but it may be a poodle lol
    edited October 2014
    Looks like a Chinese Crested but it may be a poodle lol
    I think you're right...I see fur on the hairless areas that would be for a Crested and the profile looks more like a standard poodle. Anyway...great, creative outfit! :oD
  • Well, today was the barn party, and I managed to work up a costume that in the end didn't cost me a whole lotta money (things have been tough, financially, and much as I love Halloween and dressing up the ponies, budgeting for their upkeep comes first.) So in the end, Mitch's half of the costume was cobbled together from various household items, previous costumes and modified tack. My costume took some buying, but it was at the thrift store, and 50% off Halloween items, so I didn't spend much overall.

He's a carousel pony! And I guess I'm a little girl riding a carousel horse. Wearing a hat made me super nervous. I've gone helmetless maybe once or twice (or thrice) in the past, and it always makes me nervous. I'm a everytime-every-ride kinda gal, and a helmet just didn't fit the picture. So I trusted my pony, took a chance and survived happily.

I'll tell you what though, riding in a skirt is something else. And with that cardboard tube stuck through the hole of my western saddle behind the horn, it was awkward hard to get on. I love that cardboard tube. I super glued a foam ball to the top, spray painted it yellow and wrapped chenille wire piping around it to make the pole.

Mitch is a trooper, and was as good as gold considering he hasn't been out for a few days because we actually had rain in California (shock!) I used the barding from his warhorse costume, and wrapped his bridle up in ribbons and gold chenille piping, and wrapped the browband and noseband. And I made cardboard circles to make the conchos for his bridle the way they look for carousel horses.

I braided his mane and put more piping in his mane (can't believe what treasures I found in the gift wrapping box at home!)

He's such a great little horse. I'll tell ya what though, Jet was mad that a whole bunch of horses went by her in costume, including her love-hate boy, Mitch. She was running and bucking. It spooked a couple of the non-costumed horses in their corrals to see everyone wearing costumes, and one horse who had been away for training, and had only just returned today, was freaking out (me thinks she needs some more desensitization)

We had a great turnout, which is more than last year (none, haha) and the year before (just me) and some great costumes. We had a Peter Quill and the Milano, a reindeer, a witch, outlaws, a skeleton, a bumblebee and an Indian pony and girl.
  • I was just thinking about you hayflinger and was wondering about the costumes you were going to dress you and your horses in! Beautiful creativity! Mitch is a perfect Carousel Horse. He seems to know he looks good in that costume. It shows in his eyes.

I think Jet was just jealous for not being in costume (joking of course!). The costumes probably freaked him out..."What the H _ _ are these strange looking creatures doing at the stables!"
  • Mitch prances around like he's a stud and likes showing off for anyone. I love that horse.

The costumes freaked a lot of horses out. I think Jet was just pissed at all the action going by her, and like many typical mares, threw a tantrum. That's resulted in a very gimpy mare this morning. *siiigh* I suspect it's a soft tissue injury or muscle strain. I moved her corral panels around to make a smaller space to keep her from moving around too much and she will get some devils claw added to her supplement feed (works same as Bute without the side effects)
  • Oops! Sorry Hayflinger. I thought Jet was a male. Sorry. That explains her tantrum...not getting enough attention...typical female. LOL!

Sorry Forum members...not referring to any of us...just making a broad overall statement that some men would say. :oP
  • Pika-meow!

This Joker has 9 lives

Da-na na na na na na na......BAT CAT!
    edited November 2014
    LOL! Were all these cats "dressed up" for Halloween?...it would have scared some trick-or-treaters for sure when they came knocking on the door to be greeted by these kitties! I'm rolling on the floor again!
  • A magic carpet ride

edited December 2014
    HO HO HO!
    Did anyone get to see Santa Claus at your stables yet??
    image Photo by Patricia Montes Gregory from www.horsecollaborative.com

Yes Santa...I've been GOOD this past year...for REAL...So where's my Xmas Present???
    image From www.eagletribune.com

Santa Claus...Human and Horse Version...
    image Photo from irresistiblehorsehoods.com (via www.HorseNation.com)
    edited December 2014
    MORE HO HO HO!
    Here's some really darling photos I just couldn't resist posting...

Meeting Mr. & Mrs. St. Nicker
    From greenhorn-horse-facts.com

Sorry...my arms are tired from carrying all the
    presents...I can't lift them up right now!!!

From vhl.com (via www.horsenation.com)

Santa's trusty elves...
    From photobucket.com (via www.horsenation.com)
  • GREAT costume photos!! Thanks for all the postings.
  • From last year, as we didn't do the holiday get ups this year.

Finally got ears forward. I think the fact there was another horse nearby and I was talking to him had them back before. It was like "Awwwh, man, monkey-girl, there's a mare in here and she can see be dressed like thiiiis!"

And we can't forget Jet