Most Likely Sire for 16Z

crdolce_777crdolce_777 Member
edited October 2014 in Zenyatta
Rather than yet another voting contest, I'm curious to see who everyone feels will be the most likely sire for Zenyatta's 2016 foal. Of course we all have our favorite stallions who we wish to see Z visit, but I'd love to see if anyone among us can correctly predict who the Mosses will end up choosing. So if you could only "put your money" on one stallion, who would it be and why?

Comments

• that is a hard thing to guess since there a ton of great stallions
  • I think they go back to either War Front or Tapit.

There was a rumor, before the decision to leave her open a year came down, that she was going to make a 'return visit' to someone and both War Front and Tapit are having stellar years.

There aren't any real break outs among the Freshmen sires of racing age to warrant trying her with an unproven stallion when she's still unproven herself.
  • I think they go back to either War Front or Tapit.

There was a rumor, before the decision to leave her open a year came down, that she was going to make a 'return visit' to someone and both War Front and Tapit are having stellar years.

There aren't any real break outs among the Freshmen sires of racing age to warrant trying her with an unproven stallion when she's still unproven herself.
    The person that stated she was going to make a return visit said they wouldn't tell until it was announced, they did confirm that she was going back to War Front if they had chose to breed her this year.
  • I have a ton of favorite stallions but a couple have been standing out to me and they are Sky Mesa, Kitten's Joy, and this one is going to be the weird one for me Langfuhr. Sky Mesa and Langfuhr have been having great years as well Langfuhr got his 1,000 winner foal this year and Sky Mesa of course has great offspring like Skyway and many more, Kitten's Joy is the same way he has great foals and is absolutely beautiful so I think that Sky Mesa, Kitten's Joy, or Langfuhr would be a good choice
  • Let's try to keep it narrowed down to one choice, as if you could only place a bet on who would win the race
  • If I could only pick one, my bet is Hard Spun. It would be a breeding along similar lines to War Front (both sons of Danzig), but I feel that Hard Spun was a more versatile and talented runner in his own right than War Front. Hard Spun was 13: 7-3-1 in his career, never finishing worse than 4th. He was successful at a wide range of distances, winning the G1 King's Bishop Stakes (7f), the G2 Lane's End Stakes and Kentucky Cup Classic (9f), placing in the Kentucky Derby and Breeders Cup Classic (10f), and taking 4th in the Belmont (12f). He was sound throughout, racing 10 times as a 3 year old, 9 of which were in graded stakes races. Hard Spun tends to stamp his offspring with his more compact, muscular look like his grandsire Northern Dancer, which I think would be similar to what the Mosses were looking for in breeding to Tapit. Despite only having 4 crops of racing age, he has had some extremely successful black-type progeny (Wicked Strong, Questing, Hardest Core, Zo Impressive, Hard Not to Like, etc.). Hard Spun is conveniently coming back to Kentucky for the 2015 breeding season, and for those who place stock in it, the nick for Zenyatta--Hard Spun is an A++.
  • crdolce_777, some people just can't or won't select ONE Most likely stallion that the Moss' will send Zeny to in 2015. Instead they will mention their favorite stallion(s) which should be listed in a game called "the most Unlikely stallion" Zeny will go to.

But I understand your question and I'll put my money on Tapit.
  • crdolce_777, some people just can't or won't select ONE Most likely stallion that the Moss' will send Zeny to in 2015. Instead they will mention their favorite stallion(s) which should be listed in a game called "the most Unlikely stallion" Zeny will go to.

LOL thank you for understanding, and for a great new contest idea ;-p
  • I would guess Tapit, simply on how pleased Ann seemed with Ziconic in the video posted a while back. Time will tell............ For a non-repeat breeding, I would think they might try another Pulpit son/AP Indy line stallion, or a Danzig son/grandson, who brings in the qualities they want for Zenyatta. I don't see them breeding "on a wild hair". Zenyatta's matings have to count and they have been very thoughtful in the past. Can't wait to hear the official news though. I would love to be pleasantly surprised.

Sorry I missed this.......I'm a slow typer. ;-)

Well for that contest, how about Tiznow and WTC and MMM? hahahaha

Sorry I missed this.......I'm a slow typer. ;-)

Well for that contest, how about Tiznow and WTC and MMM? hahahaha
    Hahaha very nice, maybe we can throw in Street Sense too ;-)
  • To narrow down to just 1 I would say Tapit.

I love Ziconic and I really like Tapit's runners and have always loved the Pulpit line. A Tapit daughter out of Zenyatta would be wonderful and I think a great addition to the Moss's breeding operation when she was done racing.
  • well since I said three stallions with them being Sky Mesa, Kitten's Joy, and Langfuhr I would probably have to narrow it down to Sky Mesa. he has had so many good runners that it makes him a good candidate for the stallion that she could be bred to. Kitten's Joy though is a very, very close second but Sky Mesa is my choice
  • Sky Mesa is my sentimental choice, and of course, he carries a lot to the table as a stallion as a Pulpit son out of Storm Cat daughter from the direct La Troienne line. He throws very precocious babies and is proving to be a good broodmare sire. But I think the Mosses will go with a more prestigious sire for Zenyatta's fourth foal and if not Tapit or War Front, Hard Spun is an excellent choice, as is More Than Ready. I love his pedigree and producing record, and ability to accentuate the brood mare. So if I am going to throw out something totally different if that's the direction the Mosses decided to go and I'll go with More Than Ready. :-) JMVHO
  • While I'd like to see her go to someone new, if I had to bet, I'd say back to War Front.
  • Like I said I have a ton of favorite stallions and Hard Spun is another one along with More Than Ready this choice is too hard
  • I'd REALLY, still, love to see Zenyatta go to Medaglia d'Oro..... Hopefully before it's too late.
  • mc3mc3 Member
    medaglia doro hard spun ghostzapper
  • We need some punctuation here...please.
  • edited October 2014
    Rather than yet another voting contest, I'm curious to see who everyone feels will be the most likely sire for Zenyatta's 2016 foal. Of course we all have our favorite stallions who we wish to see Z visit, but I'd love to see if anyone among us can correctly predict who the Mosses will end up choosing. So if you could only "put your money" on one stallion, who would it be and why?
    :(

Unfortunately your fun question has turned into a hybrid of the games “who would you like to see Zeny bred to or the game Vote for Zeny’s next boyfriend”. People just don’t seem to understand the question is NOT what is your favorite stallion or what stallions do you like nor is it what out of the box stallion would you like to see Zeny go to….the question is What is the One Stallion the Moss’ are most likely to go to in 2015. In other words if you had to put up $100 of your own money and chance losing it would you really say “The Moss’ are most likely to go to Sky Mesa or Kitten's Joy?” (There is nothing wrong with Sky Mesa or Kitten's Joy…I am not saying that).

And, it’s not about what stallion is she most likely to be returned to.

Maybe this will help. Fill in the Blank (one name only): The Moss’ will most likely send Zenyatta to _____________________ in 2015.

For those saying Medaglia d’ Oro, that’s a good longshot bet.
  • crdolce_777crdolce_777 Member
    edited October 2014

:(

Unfortunately your fun question has turned into a hybrid of the games “who would
    you like to see Zeny bred to or the game Vote for Zeny’s next boyfriend”. People just don’t seem to understand the question is NOT what stallion or stallions do you like nor is it what out of the box stallion would you like to see Zeny go to….the question is What is the One Stallion the Moss’ are most likely to go to in 2015. In other words if you had to put up $100 of your own money and chance losing it would you really say “The Moss’ are most likely to go to Sky Mesa or Kitten's Joy?” (There is nothing wrong with Sky Mesa or Kitten's Joy…I am not saying that).

Sigh. Oh well.
    Seriously...thank you. I'm glad that the intent of the thread wasn't entirely lost! I really thought it would be interesting to see what everyone's best guess is, and why. Seemed pretty straightforward. Even if your bet is on a repeat visit to one of the 3 past sires, and you can explain why, that's totally fine too. It would not surprise me at all to see a repeat, but I do hope they wait a few more years
  • I say they surprise us all and send her to a completely unproven sire in Paynter. Based off the looks of her first foals by proven sires there is nothing to say she wouldn't throw a great foal from an unproven sire. I don't think they will send her back for a repeat breeding until they know how the foals will run on the track. The Moss' will most likely send Zenyatta to Paynter in 2015!!!
  • 2016Zenyatta will be sired by Tapit. 2017Zenyatta will be sired by Bernardini because Coz is going to knock it out of the park! Sorry for getting ahead of myself, can't help it, he has winner stamped all over him.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I think they will not repeat quite yet. No evidence of success.
  • I love the idea of Exchange Rate, they nick very well...A++ I believe. And he looks amazing. He is also a Danzig son out of a Seeking the Gold mare, pedigree would be really good for resulting foal. My money is on Exchange Rate, hes got winners as well.