Worthy Horse Rescue Organizations and Current Needs and Updates

1115116117118119121»

Comments

• I'm glad to see any rescued horses. This mama had sure gotten into pretty bad shape. Great that she and her baby are safe now. I guess the Rescue is in Mexico. You'd need a passport to go visit. It's no longer acceptable to just have a CA driver's license to get back into the US.
  • I’m not sure how to post a link but wanted to remind everyone to keep voting for Ann Kline/Mea Ola’s Place on the Eagle Rare Life Award. She’s ahead so far but not by a huge amount. Please vote!! If anyone knows how to post that link??
  • Thank you Bleubetty! Please let’s all keep voting!!! Maybe we can keep bumping this post up?
  • See my post in the MOP thread for some recent pictures of Rowdy, the MOP superstar. Here is the facebook page for the latest updates from MOP. https://www.facebook.com/OperationHorseRescue/

The website is http://www.meaola.org/

They have finally fixed the glitches on the voting website. It had been taking some people hours to vote. But now it's less than a minute. Just remember you have to wait the full 24 hours to vote each day. Again, here is that link;
    https://eaglerarelife.com/stories/lalainia-ann-kline
  • I’ve been voting 2 times a day. One on my tablet and then on my phone.
  • paige said:

I’ve been voting 2 times a day. One on my tablet and then on my phone.

MOP doesn't want us to do that because it is technically cheating and if we get caught, Ann could be dropped from the contest. I believe we have enough individuals voting that one vote per day per person would be enough. Do you use the same name in both votes? I am kind of ambivalent about it because I'm sure the rival group probably has people doing that same thing. But I wouldn't encourage it because of the risk. Hoping it all works out.
  • I've never been asked for a name when voting. Maybe it's Firefox? (Although my iPhone and iPad use Safari and I never was asked for a name there either.)
  • I wasn't asked for a name, but it is only letting me vote once.
  • Well, I thought there was some way of tracing senders through an email address which has to be somename@somedomain dot com or some other designation such as uk or dk for country in lieu of com. I thought they could investigate to see if somename was the same. I guess if you used a different one it wouldn't be obvious that it was the same person voting more than once. I'll bet the other group has people doing that. So I suppose we can, too. That's something that worries me about official voting being allowed online.
  • Just so you know, a few Words of Caution: This website and this forum discussion thread, as well as the MOP thread, is sometimes read by another group of people referred to as "Villagers". They privately, in closed discussion groups, so after MOP and Ann.
    I am only able to vote once in a 24 hour cycle, regardless of which way I vote --- phone, computer or laptop.

• Thanks, bleuberry. I don't belong to any of those groups, so I never think of them. I guess it takes all kinds. I only vote once a day on my computer, which is the only way I have. I'm now voting in the morning again after getting pushed later and later by that glitch which made voting take soooo long. Once it took me two hours to get my vote accepted. It's now going very quickly, but last night I got pushed over midnight, so I guess I didn't get to vote yesterday. Rats. I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to vote next. Sigh.
  • You are right, bleubetty. They are and its disgusting.
  • Just a friendly reminder:
    Please consider voting for Mea Ola's Place and Lalainia "Ann" Kline
    https://eaglerarelife.com/stories/lalainia-ann-kline
  • A Rescue Story from Oakhurst Equine Veterinary Services

And the result of TLC:

• And more recent rescues. These from The New Hill Farm.

• First day with her.

Third session, first time with something on her back.

With all the negative crap going on in “that thread,” I’d like to introduce my current rescue project. This is Freeya (sic), a young registered Russian Arab mare. Came into the rescue a few months before I started volunteering, and was handed off to me. She was half feral and close to uncatchable, she lived out in the same field she was born in her whole life. At this point I’m waiting for it to warm up some to swing a leg over her for the first time. Awesome mare but she’s far too intelligent for a lot of the MT folks to be willing to deal with. It’s 50/50 right now but I’m considering taking her back East in the spring.

• EliRose said:

First day with her.

Third session, first time with something on her back.

With all the negative crap going on in “that thread,” I’d like to introduce my current rescue project. This is Freeya (sic), a young registered Russian Arab mare. Came into the rescue a few months before I started volunteering, and was handed off to me. She was half feral and close to uncatchable, she lived out in the same field she was born in her whole life. At this point I’m waiting for it to warm up some to swing a leg over her for the first time. Awesome mare but she’s far too intelligent for a lot of the MT folks to be willing to deal with. It’s 50/50 right now but I’m considering taking her back East in the spring.

Put her on the trailer and send her to me!!!

She’s super cute.
  • Elirose you are a champ in my eyes!
  • She's a pretty girl and appears to have kind eyes. How old is she now? Good luck to her and to you.