RIP Z14

I am at a loss for words

Comments

• caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    It is so heartbreaking. She had that something special I think
  • There are no words to convey what's in my heart. Z Princess, you were Zenyatta's first foal that I paced for night after night with everyone else. I prayed for a filly and you came, more beautiful than I ever imagined. You were just too perfect to stay with us sweet darling. Your memory will live with us forever.
  • With a tear and sob...

One beautiful filly gone and it feels like all the horse pastures in the world are empty.
  • My only condolence lies in that she will never suffer or feel pain anymore. She'll be happy and peaceful forever now. And I am so grateful that this happened after she was weaned, so dear Zenyatta doesn't even know.
  • This news about Z Princess is such an overwhelming loss to everyone who knew her as Zenyatta's very special filly. What a precious gift she was to be given to us all for all too short a time. My heart and my prayers go out to Team Z, the Lane's End Family, the Farish Family, Jerry and Ann, John and Dottie, and especially Zenyatta. I cannot even express the sadness and pain that I feel. Love to you all and to you, Zenyatta's very special little filly, Z Princess, forever. May you rest in peace in heaven.
  • I edited these photos in remembrance of Z Princess

• My prayers and my sympathy go out to Team Z. She was a lovely girl.
  • I am stunned and saddened by this news but thankful we had a chance to know this beautiful filly. I will pray for all of Team Z, especially the Mosses who share so much with Zenny's family of fans.
  • Shocked when I read this last night - there are no words....
    Angered by reading some comments on FB - horses are fragile flighty creatures and will find a million ways to hurt themselves - they can't be watched 24/7 - thankfully Zprincess had an amazing team of caring people who got her the help she needed (although it wasn't enough :( :( :(
  • I am so sad to here that the Zprincess passed away it has to be hard for the Mosses and the Z Team I will keep them thoughts.
  • Shocked when I read this last night - there are no words....
    Angered by reading some comments on FB - horses are fragile flighty creatures and will find a million ways to hurt themselves - they can't be watched 24/7 - thankfully Zprincess had an amazing team of caring people who got her the help she needed (although it wasn't enough :( :( :(
    There are a lot of idiots on Facebook.
  • Does anyone think if they will tell use what happen to her?
    It was a paddock injury so I am guessing that she probably broke a leg or something

• I'm still in shock and with disbelief.. Out of thousands of babies on the ground, she's the one to pass on. Mother nature can sometimes be cruel! RIP little princess.....

It was a paddock injury so I am guessing that she probably broke a leg or something

Had to have been something completely catastrophic - the Mosses would have
    saved her no matter if she raced or could be bred in the future or just sit in a pasture to look pretty the rest of her life.
  • I was hoping there would be less pain in my heart this morning, but no, the hurt is still there. Such a sadness. My heart goes out to Ann and Jerry Moss, the Shirreffs, Lane's End and all who took care of the beautiful filly as well as to all of us who loved her from afar.

Had to have been something completely catastrophic - the Mosses would have
    saved her no matter if she raced or could be bred in the future or just sit in a pasture to look pretty the rest of her life.
    It might of been an injury like a broken leg or something else that was so bad she had to be euthanized and that there was nothing they could do but I am still thinking that maybe she broke her leg so bad that there was nothing that they could do just my opinion
  • A broken leg is a likely scenario, just not the only one.
  • I was hoping there would be less pain in my heart this morning, but no, the hurt is still there. Such a sadness. My heart goes out to Ann and Jerry Moss, the Shirreffs, Lane's End and all who took care of the beautiful filly as well as to all of us who loved her from afar.
    Same its still hard to accept, I told my dad that I shouldn't be affected by it since there are always horses dying and everything but then my dad is like its probably more the fact that its Zenyatta's foal that your affected by it like so many more people will be and that is so true
  • Your dad is right. There's no harm in a little grieving. We've all gotten emotionally attached to Zenyatta, and her offspring and friends also. That is part of what it means to be a fan. It's only an issue if it interferes with your life or leads to blaming her connections unfairly. And I don't see that happening here.
  • Your dad is right. There's no harm in a little grieving. We've all gotten emotionally attached to Zenyatta, and her offspring and friends also. That is part of what it means to be a fan. It's only an issue if it interferes with your life or leads to blaming her connections unfairly. And I don't see that happening here.
    Off course not I would never blame her connections for anything I would rather have her living in peace than in pain. My dad also told me that he is going to start following all of the Zenyatta things so he can get information on her for the future so that if anything bad happens to her he will know before me (don't imagining that happening) so he can tell my mom that I am going to be a mess haha but this is just a horrible thing to happen to such a young and so loved horse
  • I was hoping like others that this was a terrible hoax or mislead information. Sadly it is not. Horselover said it best, we paced for her, and when she came, she was more beautiful than we could of imagined. Just the perfect mini-me of her mother. RIP Z Princess. Gone but never forgotten. I too was glad she was weaned. Would not want any mother, horse or human, to experience this type of loss. My condolences to Lane's End and the Moss's.
  • It's so difficult to find words. This is one of those things I had to read several times for it to sink in. It seems like such a cruel fate, to anyone so young and full of promise. My first thought was that maybe she was too perfect to be just a horse, so she became a Pegasus. Now she'll forever remain as perfect as she was, and she has reminded us all not to take anything for granted. In the light of this we're all reminded of how much sheer good luck it takes to go as far as for example Zenyatta has gone.

I'm so sorry for the loss, and watching the amount of fans grieving it's heartbreaking to even imagine how much worse it is for those who were closest to her. Thank heavens Zenyatta herself doesn't need to go through the shock, her remaining ignorant is the best relief. I also try to smile though the tears for there is true beauty in how the sadness brings people together and makes us appreciate life that much more. Certainly, grief is the price we all pay for caring, but it says so much that people stick to something not just for the joys and victories. Even the smallest one can make better people of so many. And that alone, is a great legacy for the Princess.

I think she could be posthumously named "Driven To Tearz"... She always did that to me, not just now. She looked so much like Zenyatta that it always made me inexplicably emotional.

RIP Z Princess, and please, watch over your precious mother and brothers. They've now got the most beautiful of guardian angels imaginable.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited October 2014
    Or posthumously..."Heavenz Sent" or "Heavenz Angel". Sigh...she didn't even get a chance to be officially named in the JC roster.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited October 2014
    Posted earlier in Possible Names for 14Z:
    I just checked Pedigree Query and they have listed the "JC registered" name of our dear Z14 as:
    Z PRINCESS 2
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/z+princess2