Horse Racing Guessing Game

I thought it would be fun to have a little Horse Racing Guessing Game just for fun. This is how it works:
1. I am going to write questions about a racehorse retired, deceased, or still racing
2. there will be four answer options (a, b, c, d) that you can choose from
3. the pointing scale is kind of weird but if you are the first one to answer and it is correct you get 5 points if you are the second one to answer and get it correct you get 3 points and if you are the third one to answer and it is correct you get 1 point
4. Every week I will put up the standings and who ever has the most points by the end of the week gets to either write their own guessing game questions or can ask me to do them.
Here are two questions to get us started
Question #1: I was foaled in April 2004. I was bought at a sale by two nice people and trained by one of the best trainers. I started racing when I was almost 4 years old. I won the Apple Blossom Handicap & the Milady Handicap twice, the Vanity Handicap, the Lady's Secret Stakes, the Clement L Hirsch Handicap, three times. I also won the Breeders Cup Ladies Classic and even have a race named after me. My most memorable win is when I won the Breeders Cup Classic. I am now retired and have been a great mom. I even earned 19 consecutive wins throughout my career and earned $7,304,580. WHO AM i?
A: Personal Ensign B: Winning Colors C: Zenyatta D: Rachel Alexandra

Question #2: I was foaled in March 2004, I was bought for $57,000 in the Keenland Sale in 2005. I had 16 starts with 11 wins, 2 seconds, 2 thirds and one finish outside the money. In my career I earned $10,501,800. I am a two time horse of the year, I won champion 3 year old and champion older male. I set a new North American earnings record. I won the Preakness Stakes and finished second in the Belmont by a nose/head to a filly. I won the Breeders Cup Classic, Jockey Club Gold Cup, Arkansas Derby, and Rebel Stakes while finishing second in the Belmont Stakes and third in the Kentucky Derby along with the Haskell. As a four year old I won the Dubai World Cup, the Stephen Foster Handicap, the Woodward Stakes, the Jockey Club Gold Cup, the Jaguar Trophy Handicap. I was second in the Man O' War Stakes, and finished fourth in the Breeders Cup Classic . I was retired to stand at stud in 2009 at Lanes End Farm and I am a 2014 Hall of Fame Inductee. WHO AM I?
A: Bernardini B: War Front C: Tapit D: Curlin

Comments

• crdolce_777crdolce_777 Member
    edited October 2014
    JJfromMN already has a topic that is nearly identical to this, down to the format of the questions: "Today in Horse Racing." It seems a little unfair to take the idea and the phrasing of the questions as your own and make a new thread
  • edited October 2014
    #1 C., Zenyatta; #2 D., Curlin, and crdolce_777 is right about JJfromMN's already existing thread. However, there is no reason why you cannot post questions of your own in "Today in Horse Racing." While JJ is usually the person posting the questions, there is no reason why others cannot.
  • JJfromMN already has a topic that is nearly identical to this, down to the format of the questions: "Today in Horse Racing." It seems a little unfair to take the idea and the phrasing of the questions as your own and make a new thread
    One I had no clue that there was one posted all ready so don't go ahead and say that I was stealing someone elses idea cause I had no idea
  • I guess it's just a striking coincidence
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited October 2014
    CC1121-
    Rather than creating another game. I think it's better if you would concentrate on the "Old Friends" thread instead.

We are all counting on you to provide us information on these remarkable long-lived horses.
  • CC1121-
    Rather than creating another game. I think it's better if you would concentrate on the "Old Friends" thread instead.

We are all counting on you to provide us information on these remarkable long-lived horses.
    I want to do other things than just do that
  • I guess it's just a striking coincidence
    Yeah it is so don't tell me I copyed when I didn't that is not the type of person that I am
  • Duplicating the voting contest for Z's next boyfriend would say otherwise, but whatever, I really don't care what you do
  • Duplicating the voting contest for Z's next boyfriend would say otherwise, but whatever, I really don't care what you do
    Then don't worry about it and two I have created a competition for the next sire for zenyatta before the current z's next boyfriend so yeah
  • Interesting, because the first boyfriend voting contest I saw was the one that Sierra (Wagurl) created in mid-April. What was the contest called that you started, and when was it? Because I'll happily admit to being wrong about you copying a contest if you can provide proof to back up your claim
  • Yes, Sierra was the one who started it first.
  • Interesting, because the first boyfriend voting contest I saw was the one that Sierra (Wagurl) created in mid-April. What was the contest called that you started, and when was it? Because I'll happily admit to being wrong about you copying a contest if you can provide proof to back up your claim
    You were absolutely NOT wrong, crdolce.