what stud is big Z going to be bred too this year?? tapit now stands for $300 thousand.

will she go back to tapit??

Comments

  • LOL...we needed this discussion. I think the Moss' should save their money. There are a lot of nice stallions standing for under $3,000.
  • In the sorrowful news of ZPrincess's passing I think we've kind of let Ziconic get out of sight, out of mind.

    By the time they're ready to breed Zenyatta in 2015, Ziconic will be well into his training. Extrapolating off how CoZ advanced this time last year, Ziconic is probably already jogging under saddle/rider at the Mayberry's.

    Give him another couple of months and baring no setbacks, those who know how to look at these things are going to have a very good idea of how he's developing. This will give the Mosses a lot of information on whether or not they want to put $300K on the table and send Zenyatta back to Tapit.

    If they decide to wait until Ziconic actually goes in the starting gate, then I suspect it's War Front in 2015.
  • We all know that deals can be made re stud fees. If the Moss's want to breed Zenny back to Tapit, I'm not so sure they'd have to fork over the 300k. If this pairing is successful, and Ziconic looks spectacular so far, it does a LOT to Tapit's reputation as a great sire.
  • Emotionally, it would be War Front to replace the princess.
  • I strongly suspect that when it comes to picking the best sires for Zenyatta's babies, money is not a major concern for the Mosses. Having foals is a big investment and a big risk for a mare, so they certainly won't be shopping for bargains. They want to breed the best to the best.
  • I strongly suspect that when it comes to picking the best sires for Zenyatta's babies, money is not a major concern for the Mosses. Having foals is a big investment and a big risk for a mare, so they certainly won't be shopping for bargains. They want to breed the best to the best.
    I agree with this whole heartedly. Why would you risk a mare like Zenyatta on a $3000 stallion?

    IMO until the Industry develops a stronger network for supporting unwanted/retired race horses, I'd like to see farms STOP standing stallions for anything less than $10,000.

    Yes, I know. California Chrome's sire was $2,500 and his "blue collar" beginnings has been the feel good story of the 2014 season but for 1 CC there will be thousands (THOUSANDS) of $2,500 bred horses who wind up in Mexico or Canada in the slaughter houses.

    If a stallion cannot make a case for himself through the value of his foals at $10,000 or above, geld him and find him a new career. Reduce the number of unwanted horses at the source. Hit owners in the wallet so they don't look at a horse, shrug and go "Eh, I only paid $3,000 to breed his dam, screw putting $7,000 worth of vet bills into him, put him on the killer truck and I'll just breed a new one."

    I personally have no problem with Tapit being at $300,000 now. He's proven himself through his progeny and if it does lighten his book a little so be it. Personally I don't think it's going to reduce his book one iota.
  • medaglia doro is the horse i would choose

  • I agree with this whole heartedly. Why would you risk a mare like Zenyatta on a $3000 stallion?


    You wouldn't. I was being factious.

    I just didn't know where to put my comment...

    Most Likely Sire for 16Z

    Voting for Z's Next Boyfriend!

    what stud is big Z going to be bred too this year?? tapit now stands for $300 thousand.

    Voting Game For Zenyatta's Next Date

    Z's future "boyfriends"

    Who should Zenyatta be bred to next?

    Who do you think is going to be Zenyatta's next date?

    My choices for breeding for the next 3 yrs
  • Gotcha, Especially_Horses. Flew right over my head the first time, though. Thanks for the chuckle. ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.