Black Caviar is the Wonder From Down Under

"Austrailia's Zenyatta" is undefeated in 19 starts. She is strictly a sprinter, her farthest race yet is 7 furlongs. She has caught the fancy of Austrailia and is now catching on worldwide. I am hoping she shows up at the Breeders' Cup this year. What a thrill it would be to see her run.

Comments

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    She is amazing...what a girl
  • I knew Black Caviar before I even knew who Zenyatta is. She's an amazing girl, everyone wants to see her race against Frankel....I cannot help but think it's Ruffian all over again....Cannot even bear the thought of another early passing of another great lady. Perhaps it's my own fears.
  • For all Black Caviar fans who might be interested, THE VAULT published an article on her awhile back, featuring videos & the amazing photography of Australia's Bronwen Healy:
    http://thevaulthorseracing.wordpress.com/2011/12/01/just-call-me-nelly-australias-black-caviar/
    TVG tries to air her races in Australia whenever possible....remember staying up very late for one...it was worth it..
  • Thank you Mark for the video. I have been following Black Caviar success too. I am so happy Australia is blessed with their Queen as we have been with Zenyatta.
    God watch over her and keep her healthy and strong.
  • This Lightning stakes was her closest race yet. I hope they eventually stretch her out to a mile, she's usually drawing clear at the end of her races.
  • Mark, I have been following her too. She is a wonderful horse and really has Australia and the rest of the world in awe. A great sprinter. The girls are really blazing trails.

Not to worry ZNotLast1, this won't be a match race against Frankel, like Ruffian's race. There will be other horses in the race. The chances she would break down are not nearly as high as in a match race. One reason I don't like them.
  • Paula, the ladies have been doing quite will as of late. In here in America we've had 3 straight Horse of the Year awards to the women. Maybe they should call it "The Sport of Queens."
  • She is so stunningly beautiful to watch! She stole my heart a while back and I wish so bad she could come over here and put on a show for us. She just gives me chills and can only imagine how proud Australia must be for her. Love, love, love her!
  • KetaKeta Member
    Black Caviar's half-sister for sale at #InglisEaster sells for $2.6m

Black Caviar's sister attracts big bidders at the Inglis Easter Sales
    Brent Zerafa
    The Daily Telegraph
    April 11, 201212:00AM
    HAVING bowed to the firepower of Nathan Tinkler last year, Peter Moody is backing up to try to take home Black Caviar's little sister from the Inglis Australian Easter Yearling Sale today.
    The leading trainer, along with Black Caviar's managing part-owner Neil Werrett, stopped bidding at $1 million for the colt now known as All Too Hard 12 months ago.
    His subsequent ability on the racetrack has seen his price tag soar to upwards of $15 million, which is also set to increase the value of this bay Redoute's Choice filly who will go through the auction shortly after 11am.
    Experts predict she could fetch over $2 million, with the nation's leading stables all keen for a piece of Australian racing's royal family.
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/superracing/wealth-of-admirers-for-a-slice-of-royalty/story-fn67rc85-1226323227783
  • Aw she's a real cutie! Looks a lot like her big sister and brother ^^
  • GREAT VIDEO HOPE BREEDERS CUP AT SANTA ANITA I WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!
  • Paula, you are so right about match races. Every time someone says "match race" I cringe inside, thinking of Ruffian. Am glad there won't be any more. If there ever was one promoted, I think the collective howl of dismay and anger would put short work to that idea. Black Caviar can really run! I wish her well, and hope she stays healthy and whole! As do we all.
    BC's little sister sure has a determined look on her face.....she is definitely set upon doing something....hope its runnings fast and long
  • Black Caviar live tonight on TVG! Going for 20 in a row. You go girl! Be safe.
  • Black Caviar is in the 7th race at Morphetsville. Post time is around 10:30 Pacific time. If you have an online betting account that takes Austrailia, you can watch it on the computer. Im watching it on Twin Spires, waiting . . .
  • This is my first time staying up late to see her race. all other times i missed or didnt know about. but got to see replays. if they dont hurry up ima pass out from sleepiness lol
  • Post time is 11:20 Pacific Time!
  • BLACK CAVIER WINS AGAIN, SHE'S NOW 20 FOR 20, FRIDAY NIGHT AT MORPHETTSVILLE

She wins by 4 lengths easily outdistancing her competition. Her next start may be in England. We'll see.
  • That race was too easy for her. she made it look that way. I just found out about her running at 1am lol
  • Im on the east coast >.<
  • Watching sports and horse racing is MUCH better on the WEST coast! We get to watch football at 10am, horse racing at 10am monday night football at 530 pm. You should all move.
  • Watching sports and horse racing is MUCH better on the WEST coast! We get to watch football at 10am, horse racing at 10am monday night football at 530 pm. You should all move.
    Ahhhh, but the pig pickins on the east coast are to die for!!!!

CONGRATS to Black Caviar. Magnificent.

Rachael, lovin your new pic!!! My fav of little z, acting all studly.
  • I got a KY derby runner representing my home state of virginia born and raised at a farm not too far from me. Bodemeister :D i cant get over the excitement of that lol
  • I got a KY derby runner representing my home state of virginia born and raised at a farm not too far from me. Bodemeister :D i cant get over the excitement of that lol
    Very exciting!!! We use to race in Middleburg.
    My home track, reppin by, Done Talking. Wish I could go back in the day,great small town racing community,many old school trainers. Talkin worked there today. Never know?