Silver Charm

Comments

• I think Silver Charm might be the first KY Derby and Preakness winner they have had there
  • crdolce_777crdolce_777 Member
    edited December 2014
    I think Silver Charm might be the first KY Derby and Preakness winner they have had there
    He is. So along with Sarava, Old Friends now hosts a winner of each of the TC races
  • NYRA tweeted this photo of Silver Charm from his racing days
  • I wish I could find site of him first arriving in Japan. Pictures were beautiful. K
  • I'm no expert but think you can really see the Arabian influence in Silver Charms head and face. Such a beautiful guy and so glad he is home.

I too wonder if he speaks English or Japanese?
  • He's probably bilingual--trilingual if you count "horse." :-)
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited December 2014
    LOL! I love the clip of the horse showing off his tattoo with his pasture buddy only quivering his lips. That was too much!

Silver Charm looks soo good! I can't believe he's 20 years old... he looks much, much younger! Might have longevity genes in him too...his dam, Bonnie's Poker lived 28 years and his sire Silver Buck lived 29 years. Bonnie's Poker's grand sire, Round Table lived to age 33 and likewise RT's dam Knight's Daughter lived to 33 as well. Cross fingers that we get to enjoy Silver Charm for many years to come. :oD

Yep...He's is a superstar dream come true for Old Friends...Elvis has entered the building... errr...I mean paddock! :oD
  • edited December 2014
    LOL! I love the clip of the horse showing off his tattoo with his pasture buddy only quivering his lips. That was too much!

Silver Charm looks soo good! I can't believe he's 20 years old... he looks much, much younger! Might have longevity genes in him too...his dam, Bonnie's Poker lived 28 years and his sire Silver Buck lived 29 years. Bonnie's Poker's grand sire, Round Table lived to age 33 and likewise RT's dam Knight's Daughter lived to 33 as well. Cross fingers that we get to enjoy Silver Charm for many years to come. :oD

Yep...He's is a superstar dream come true for Old Friends...Elvis has entered the building... errr...I mean paddock! :oD
    The horse showing off his tattoo is Special Ring, a multiple G1-winning son of Nureyev. One of the volunteers at OF taught him that trick. She wanted to give him something special to do, as his paddock buddy was getting all the attention. His pal is Popcorn Deelites, who starred in the Seabiscuit movie. He's in all the gate scenes and is also the horse you see crossing the finish line ahead of War Admiral.
  • Thanks for the background info on the two horses Special Ring and Popcorn Deelites lauraj_cincinnati! :oD
  • They're a wonderful pair--they absolutely adore each other. They're also co-conspirators when it comes to getting attention and carrots.

Interesting tidbit: Afternoon Deelites, sire of Popcorn Deelites, is also an Old Friends resident. "Pops" has been there longer, though.
  • Kudos is filthy. He's clearly been having a great time.
  • Kudos is filthy. He's clearly been having a great time.
    Perhaps he wants to look like an appaloosa or was trying his best to be a grey horse like Silver Charm? :oD
  • on facebook the caption read that Kudos has figured out that being near Silver Charm meant more carrots from the fans LOL
  • on facebook the caption read that Kudos has figured out that being near Silver Charm meant more carrots from the fans LOL
    So he IS trying to disguise himself as Silver Charm by using mud to cover himself up as a grey. LOL!
  • Their horses have personality lol
  • Laura Battles has posted a few photos on facebook of Silver Charm running to the fence after his name was called. Apparently it didnt take him long to learn that when his name is called and the person is holding a bucket it means carrots :)
  • Well I hope they bring Game on Dude and Sarbonne in also.
  • Im sure they do
  • Im sure they do
    They'll bring them in if they need to. If, however, the horses are comfortable outside, then they'll leave them out. OF has very limited barn space. Do remember that horses are cold-weather animals. They need some shelter (a run-in shed is fine), blankets if they don't have winter coats, available water, and plenty of feed. All OF horses get these. If they're not suffering, then there is no reason to bring them in.
  • I remember them saying that if the weather is really bad they will bring the horses in. But you are right about the sheds and leaving them out most of the time.
  • This incredible photo of Silver Charm looks like a painting
    Barbara Livingston ‏@DRFLivingston ·on Sunday Jan. 24 2016
    Dual classic winner and fan fav SILVER CHARM, yesterday at Old @Oldfriendsfarm .
  • Wow, that is gorgeous!