Back to War Front!

I just heard read from Santa Anita publicity news 12/23: "Jerry Moss on Zenyatta after watching her 1st colt work @ SA-She'll be bred to War Front in spring, saw her last week & she's looking great."
Hoping for official confirmation from TEAM Z!! :)

Comments

• This must be true because it is stated on Thoroughbred Champions Forum per Jerry Moss
  • Wonderful news.
  • Thanks for letting us know! I think we all saw that coming.
  • My guess was either Tapit or War Front.

Z Princess definitely made a case for going back to War Front from the minute she was foaled. It's going to be an exciting spring of 2016!
  • Yes! i love the fact that she's going back. Despite the comments about luck and bone issues. I love war front.
  • Not surprised in the least bit. They'd be fools to NOT go back after what happened to Princess Z: not logical.
  • I knew it!!!!!!!!
  • Many of us are very happy to hear this news. Official confirmation will most likely come soon. I love both the colts, however Z Princess just had that extra something. Her conformation was spectacular and the look in her eyes was more than the look of eagles. Not bashing the boys in any way.
  • I hope it is true but I think I would like to see a colt vs a bay filly. But what do I know?! as long as whoever she has is healthy and sound!
  • I am hoping this is true as well and I am hoping that it is another filly not saying that the filly will replace Z Princess but I need to see another Zenyatta War Front filly
  • Il like the mix of the two bloodlines. I don't think it matters who she is bred with though. From her first three, I think we can say she's always going to produce a nice looking foal
  • Paulick report re moss and crocker. Interesting that they did not breed zen in 2014 because she was too heavy. Thought it was just a break. Good for them caring about her health although she is a mega investment.
  • I am thrilled with this news! It really gives us something to look forward to and although Z Princess was in a class by herself the rebreeding to WF is a great decision.
  • I just don't want Z Princess to be replaced, Although I know that will NEVER happen. The thought of another WF Zenyatta upsets me and reminds me of the passing of her. I LOVE the combination though. And I thing rebreeding is a great idea.
  • I don't feel like this repeat breeding is about Z Princess being replaced, because she can't be. But we already know Zenyatta and War Front produce a beautiful and balanced foal. Why not repeat what is proven to be a successful combination?
  • Tidings of great joy! He's been my hope all along. Was in KY in October of 2013 and got to see him up close & personal at Claiborne. Handsome dude and friendly. Not real big but very sturdy.
  • Tidings of great joy Indeed!! He may not be real big but Zenyatta is! I pray for a safe and healthy baby, no matter filly or colt; but deep down would love to see another filly. Missing Z Princess very much. God Bless and Merry Christmas to Mr & Mrs Moss and Team Z!
  • What I am about to say is just my opinion so please don't get mad at me. I am not really happy with the choice to go back to War Front at this time. The loss of Z Princess is still so fresh to me and I feel like this is an attempt to replace her even through it's not. I would have waited a year before breeding to War Front again. This is just me being sentimental person. Some people say this will answer the what if questions but its not. It going to add more. Whould Z Princess been just as good, better, or worse? At the end of the day Zenyatta is not our horse and they are going to breed her to who ever they want. That being said I hope she has a colt because I don't think I could handle a another War Front Filly at this time. It's to soon for me.
  • What I am about to say is just my opinion so please don't get mad at me. I am not really happy with the choice to go back to War Front at this time. The loss of Z Princess is still so fresh to me and I feel like this is an attempt to replace her even through it's not. I would have waited a year before breeding to War Front again. This is just me being sentimental person. Some people say this will answer the what if questions but its not. It going to add more. Whould Z Princess been just as good, better, or worse? At the end of the day Zenyatta is not our horse and they are going to breed her to who ever they want. That being said I hope she has a colt because I don't think I could handle a another War Front Filly at this time. It's to soon for me.
    No one should be upset with your opinion. It is understandable. Not that this will make it easier, but the decision to go back to War Front may have been made on Easter when they saw what a special filly Z Princess was...think of it as a great tribute to how much they thought of the little Princess. If another War Front filly is the result I dare say all your angst, and everyone's for that matter, will melt away at the first glance.
  • As I recall, there were rumors that she would go back to War Front long before Z Princess died. It seems like I saw that somewhere.
  • As I recall, there were rumors that she would go back to War Front long before Z Princess died. It seems like I saw that somewhere.
    Someone mentioned that a Claiborne employee had made mention during a stallion tour. This was even before the decision was made not to breed her for a 2015 foal.

I think the Mosses always intended to go back to War Front and after seeing Z Princess who wouldn't!

• AvirnaAvirna MichiganMember
    edited December 2014
    Also not from an official source, but HRTV's facebook posted this.
    "According to owner Jerry Moss, Zenyatta will be bred to War Front again next spring & her first foal Cozmic One is training well at Santa Anita Park. Moss also lamented the passing of Zenyatta’s weanling filly by War Front, who was euthanized following a paddock accident this past fall. “We suffered a great tragedy, but we’ve got Cozmic One and her second foal, Ziconic (by Tapit) is in training in Florida right now and we’re feeling pretty good about the prospects of those two.” "
  • Very happy to hear about this decision, wil patiently await confirmation. I would not be surprised either if this decision had been made after last Spring's foaling of 14Z. She was spectacular looking. Hoping for a filly, long time to wait!
  • If this is a recent photo of Zeny she does looks darn good!

• She looks like Coz in this photo and a yearling lol