2015 Foals

edited December 2014 in Thoroughbred Breeding
January 01, 2015.....Happy New Year and looking forward to lots of new foal photos....happy thought indeed.

Who is going to have the first foal photo of 2015 to post?

Comments

• Probably me LOL I get a lot of updates on my Facebook and follow a couple pages
  • Probably me LOL I get a lot of updates on my Facebook and follow a couple pages
    I wouldn't bet against you, :)
  • Foaling season starts back up after midnight tonight.
  • Need a photo of a foal born at 12am 01/01/15. LOL
  • LOL that would be awesome
  • Rachel, are you still going to be watching foal cams at Winstar?
  • i am
  • a total of 136 mares are set to foal at Winstar this year. They will be in the new Distaff Barn there but we will still be able to see them foal on cam. Cams should be up come mid January or so.
  • From Spendthrift Farm facebook: Exciting news to announce, Flat Out is a proud papa of a bay filly foaled yesterday in Canada. Sue Foreman is the breeder of reportedly a gorgeous flashy filly out of the mare Birthday Cake. We love to hear from our breeders when they have new arrivals. Pictures to come. ‪#‎sharetheupside‬
  • Whew hooo....no photo yet, but we will take the announcement as the official start of the season.
    From Spendthrift Farm facebook: Exciting news to announce, Flat Out is a proud papa of a bay filly foaled yesterday in Canada. Sue Foreman is the breeder of reportedly a gorgeous flashy filly out of the mare Birthday Cake. We love to hear from our breeders when they have new arrivals. Pictures to come. ‪#‎sharetheupside‬
  • First foal of 2015 goes to new sire Flat Out and goes to the girls, just like 2014 did. Yay
  • a total of 136 mares are set to foal at Winstar this year. They will be in the new Distaff Barn there but we will still be able to see them foal on cam. Cams should be up come mid January or so.
    Time to put on the coffee.
  • marepowermarepower Member
    edited January 2015
    Lol
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited January 2015
    First foal picture of 2015. A colt by Preferred Issue out of Iknowyoudontbutido born January 5th.

Preferred Issue is by Giants Causeway out of Be a Prospector by Mr Prospector.
    My goodness he is gorgeous! http://www.dallaskeen.com/stallions/preferredissue.html

Iknowyoudontbutido is by Captain Countdown out of Outta Money by Poncho Villa.
  • Wow Preferred Issue is quiet the looker!
  • Thanks Rachel! The discussion couldn't have started with a cuter photo...what a doll.
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    I can't wait for Paynter's foals to hit the ground!
  • Me either. And Take Charge Indy's
  • He's saying, "Do you mind? I'm eating here!"
  • The Union Rags...his first crop was so flashy, I can't wait to see what he "paints" this year.
  • Take Charge Indy is the proud papa of a filly born in NY!! More details to come
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited January 2015
    Filly by Curlin out of Sandstorm Cat born yesterday.

This little lady has quite the pedigree on her dam's side http://www.pedigreequery.com/sandstorm+cat
  • Oh boy, new baby pics!
  • From Coolmore Stud facebook: First foal for Declaration Of War
    War Front’s best son Declaration Of War sired his first foal on Tuesday night when the Claudio Pizarro owned Sri Kandi produced a quality bay colt at Brendan Boyle’s Swynford Paddocks Stud in Newmarket. Sri Kandi is a winning Pivotal half-sister to the Gr.1 winning 2yo Pearl Of Love.
    Adam Driver of the Global Equine Group tweeted “Thrilled to introduce our 1st foal of 2015 for @pizarrinha. A good looking Declaration Of War Colt”
    Declaration Of War won the G1 Juddmonte International Stakes and G1 Queen Anne Stakes before running an incredible race on his first dirt start in the Breeders’ Cup Classic. He stands at Ashford Stud for 2015.