Tough Sunday

124»

Comments

• Never mind my mistake I thought he looked more chestnut but you are correct he is a bay.
  • Looked it up--Gulastra Plume. http://www.whitehorseproductions.com/ecg_basics4.html

about halfway down the page.
    Thanks VA_in_CA! There are some really interesting colors here.

• interesting coat patterns. Didn't even know some of these existed.
  • @VA_in_CA isn't the Haflinger named Mitch that is mentioned isn't he owned by a member of this forum named @TheGoldenHayflinger?
  • @VA_in_CA isn't the Haflinger named Mitch that is mentioned isn't he owned by a member of this forum named @TheGoldenHayflinger?
    Oh yeah, @CC, I think you're right. It seems like I saw that somewhere on the forum.

• I think I have seen pictures of him on the forum were people post their personal pictures of their horses. I swear I have seen him on the forum as well he looks familiar.
  • Yes, Mitch belongs to TheGoldenHayflinger and she has pictures of him on the Personal Photos thread, I believe. It's been awhile since I've checked that one.
  • Looked it up--Gulastra Plume. http://www.whitehorseproductions.com/ecg_basics4.html

about halfway down the page.
    Awesome link. Thanks!

• caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    Tough Sunday is a bay with a "flaxen" tail. I don't know why they call those tails flaxen, looks grey to me. And, I am NOT surprised he ended up getting hurt. Acceptance clipped him or something I think- looking at the replay, the look in Acceptance's eye was like that of a horse who was thinking of savaging another horse.
  • You've hooked me...I'll have to take a look at the replay.
    Tough Sunday is a bay with a "flaxen" tail. I don't know why they call those tails flaxen, looks grey to me. And, I am NOT surprised he ended up getting hurt. Acceptance clipped him or something I think- looking at the replay, the look in Acceptance's eye was like that of a horse who was thinking of savaging another horse.
  • He has Native Dancer (twice) , Seattle Slew, Kris S,, and some other power studs in his Pedigree.
  • They are defiantly grey tails not flaxen but people see it very differently and that's okay cause we are not perfect
  • I was looking at Tough Sunday's face book page and I found a couple of this pictures I will post some later as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited February 2015
    Here is another one
  • Great photos! He is gorgeous and i see his tail. Poor boy looks sweet, sad to see him injured.
  • Here are some other pictures of him from his Facebook page.

Up close photo

In the field
  • These pictures I found of him on his Facebook page. Its pictures of him as a foal. (Just a warning some of these pictures show what he looked like when he was being treated since he needed the help)
    With mom

Him being treated
  • Momma wasnt too thrilled about people around her baby was she LOL
  • Tough Sunday from what I have gathered is still healing from his cracked shin that he got during his last race which was the California Cup Derby on Jan 24. I haven't been able to find anything on his injury, but I am guessing that he is either still healing or has began training again. I will post some other pictures I found of him later, and I will continue to see if he is back in training. He needed 60-90 days to heal from his injury. If he is still healing we could see him back in training on March 25, 2015 and if he needed 90 days we could see him back in training on April 24, 2015.
  • Tough Sunday "Bruiser" will be back at Santa Anita at the end of this month. And in other news Bruiser is going to be having a little brother or sister as his dam is getting breed to 2 time Breeders cup winner Midnight Lute.
  • Tough Sunday is scheduled to be racing in a race on Friday. It is race #7 I Believe.
  • bleubettybleubetty Member
    edited January 2018
    "Tough Sunday is the little horse who could"
    Six year old affectionately called "Bruiser" is back and running in the $150,000 CA Cup Sprint Stakes

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Tough_Sunday_is_the_California_Cup_Day_hero_123#

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Masochistic_Tough_Sunday_head_California_Cup_Sprint_123#
  • bleubettybleubetty Member
    edited March 2018
    Tough Sunday Scores First Stakes Win In Sunday’s Sensational Star

This was originally posted by @whoodler in General Interest but I thought it should also be on Tough Sunday's own thread --- Bruiser is a Stakes Winner --- now that's a "feel good" story!

A switch from 6 ½ furlongs on turf to a muddy main track, five scratches and a perfect stalking trip under Joe Talamo resulted in Nick Alexander's homebred Tough Sunday notching his first-ever stakes win in Sunday's $100,000 Sensational Star Stakes at Santa Anita. Trained by Steve Miyadi, the 6-year-old full horse by Alexander's Grazen, prevailed by one length over a fast closing Solid Wager while getting the distance in 1:15.68.

Out of Alexander's General Meeting mare Sunday Dress, Tough Sunday was born deaf and blind due to what is known as dummy foal syndrome. He eventually regained his sight but remains hearing impaired. Today, in his 18th career start, Tough Sunday enjoyed his biggest win. Needless to say, emotions were running high in the Winner's Circle.

“I'm shaking, I'm going to cry,” said Alexander. “We thought several times that he was the best horse in the race and he would just miss. With this one, everything worked out. The right horses scratched, he had the right spot outside of the speed. Joe rode him perfectly, the track was a little off, which is in his breeding and he just sailed.”

more
    https://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoroughbred-racing/orphaned-tough-sunday-scores-first-stakes-win-sundays-sensational-star/