Take Charge Brandi

Comments

• KMMKMM Member
    I hope they are a little conservative with her.
  • Take Charge Brandi is running August 8th in the Longines Test Stakes. She will be ridden by Luis Saez, She is trained by Wayne Lukas and owned by Willis Horton.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I hope they wait to take on the boys. Really changed RA's subsequent career.
  • You have to remember who her trainer is.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I am not good always remembering reputations. Remind me about Lucas. K
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Why Lucas.....he wasnt RA's trainer
  • He's raced other fillies against colts. Winning Colors comes to mind. People think he's quick to try that route.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I think because Lucas is not conservative?
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    edited August 2015
    Yes, remember that Lukas is the trainer who pushed Mr. Z through to the Preakness. He's a also big filly trainer and will run them against males . . . He doesn't baby them. At all. He's not going to sit a race if he thinks Brandi has a chance.
  • Depending on how she performs/comes out of the Test, I'm all for Brandi taking on the boys....but NOT in the Travers. No knock on her at all, but none of the 3yo males have been able to make AP sweat this year, and she'd be wheeling back on 3 weeks rest after what should be a competitive race in the Test (I hope anyway). If AP does go to the Travers, I think Lukas would be wiser to try Brandi out against the boys somewhere else, but he's a go big or go home type
  • KMMKMM Member
    Well that was where I was going with the comment. Lucas was talking about the Travers, and it looks like AP is aiming for it.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Take Charge Tressa, 1/2 sib to Take Charge Brandi, is a 2 year old working out at Saratoga. She is War Front X Charming. :) Horton bought her last year at the Saratoga yearling sale. :) Bloodhorse article about the upcoming sale.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I'll Take Charge, a half sibling to Will Take Charge and Take Charge Indy, by Indian Charlie is also at Saratoga. She is a 3 year old with two starts MSW, 1 win and 1 second.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I'll take Charge is owned by Whisper Hill Farm and Amanda Pope. Another 2 year old from this family, Conquering--War Front X Take Charge Lady--is also at Saratoga in training. It is the girls' turn in this family at Saratoga. WOW!
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Saw WTC up close at Oaklawn several yrs ago.....he was really impressive looking...could see that blaze coming down the home stretch about a mile off...
  • She was a wreck in the post parade and all lathered up. Ended up finishing last in the Test too. I hope she's okay.
  • I saw that. I hope she's okay too.
  • I'm very concerned. I was so nervous that entire race.
  • KMMKMM Member
    No Brandi in the Travers. I think they were ambitious when putting her in a G1 after a layoff since late winter. I hope she is OK, too.
  • Take Charge Brandi is running September 19th in the Cotillion Stakes. She will be ridden by Luis Saez. She is trained by Wayne Lukas and owned by Willis Horton.
  • Come on Brandi!
    Take Charge Brandi is running September 19th in the Cotillion Stakes. She will be ridden by Luis Saez. She is trained by Wayne Lukas and owned by Willis Horton.
  • Take Charge Brandi is running September 19th in the Cotillion Stakes. She will be ridden by Luis Saez. She is trained by Wayne Lukas and owned by Willis Horton.
    She finished 11th of 11.
  • Take Charge Brandi was eased in the stretch during the Cotillion Stakes and was vanned off. Will update when more information becomes available.
  • Worrisome news. Keep us posted.
  • Oh, no! Hope she is okay!