Take Charge Brandi

Comments

• Someone on her facebook page said she was tired and sprayed with water and walked back to the barn. Hopefully, she's going to be fine.
  • Good news! Hope she is OK!
  • I think she will be retired after this, though.
    I think so too. Why chance it? Time to pick a mate.

Or maybe drop her into allowance company?

Or maybe drop her into allowance company?
    I wouldn't like to see that, personally. A horse like this, with her breeding and her record as a two-year-old, should either be at the top of her game or else retired.
  • Although, as I think about it, it might have made sense for them to start her back in allowance races after her layoff. I guess I was thinking about the prospect of her dropping down through the ranks rather than just being retired.
  • Has anyone got any newer news on her?
  • I haven't seen any but I imagine their attention is on Lukas right now, and no news is good news on Brandi. I don't think she was vanned off. As far as I can glean, she finished the race at a canter and then walked off. Same as her last race. Something is going since her layoff, and I think that either physically or mentally she's just over racing.
  • Lukas said while in the hospital that he didn't understand why she did so poorly. She's certainly working well.
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited September 2015
    Take Charge Brandi (champion 2 year old filly lat year) has been retired. She will be sent to Hill N Dale Farm. She will either be bred or offered for sale at the November Mixed sale. http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/94756/champion-take-charge-brandi-retired
  • It's the right decision, imo. She was done. I hope she has a long and happy life in retirement.
  • Steve Sherack ‏@SteveSherackTDN 2h2 hours ago
    Champion Take Charge Brandi entered in KEENOV Sale. Hip 450, Day 2

Does this shock anyone else?
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited September 2015
    Well, I hope whoever buys her doesn't try to race her if she has a serious injury that could be fatal if worsened. Hope she is used as a broodmare.
  • Wow, I sure wouldn't sell her. But then my aspirations would probably be to race homebreds, not buy and sell stock to race.
  • How is she entered, as a racing or broodmare prospect, or just as a broodmare prospect?
  • How is she entered, as a racing or broodmare prospect, or just as a broodmare prospect?
    I'm not sure? I would think as a broodmare prospect only but I haven't seen the catalog yet.
  • The catalog is online, but I am prevented from accessing site because of work--the connotations of thoroughbred sales, horse racing, and gambling.
  • She is listed for Racing or Breeding.
  • So I it depends on who buys her and whether they want to continue to race her or not.
  • Hope the injury isn't life-threatening in that case. She sure is young, though, so a new owner may be tempted to race her.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I don't think she was injured though, just tired. Or was she? Did not see that.
  • Oh. Actually, I don't know.
  • She was injured in March with a bone chip in a knee, I think, but came back and many say she was never the same. Lukas mentioned she would be a great broodmare prospect. Personally, I agree with VA, and hope she isn't raced anymore.