Summer Bird

I noticed he doesn't have his own discussion yet so I thought I would make one.

Comments

• Too bad hes not alive anymore
  • I know sad he only sired 3 crops
  • He sure was a good-looking horse. Didn't he come in third in the 2009 BCC?
  • Birdatthewire (Summer Bird--My Limit, by Wagon Limit) – While the first two fillies on this list were speed types, this one is not. Like many distance bred youngsters, she took her time to WIN her maiden, finally sealing the deal in her fourth start, by scoring in a two-turn maiden race at Churchill Downs. She followed up that success with an overpowering score, coming from way to back to win the Grade 2, seven furlong Forward Gal at Gulfstream Park. As a daughter of a Belmont winner, it is fully expected that her transition back to distance racing will be a smooth one.
  • Phenomenal Phoenix is running February 16th in the Southwest Stakes. He will be ridden by Clifton Berry. he is trained by Donnie Van Hemel and owned by Wayne Sanders and Larry Hirsch.
  • Birdatthewire is running February 21st in the Davona Dale Stakes. She will be ridden by Corey Lanerie. She is trained by Dale Romans and owned by Forum Racing.
  • Distinta is running February 21st in the Davona Dale Stakes. She will be ridden by Edgard Zayas. She is trained by Gustavo Delgardo and owned by Passion Stables Inc.
  • Danessa Deluxe is running February 21st in the Davona Dale Stakes. She will be ridden by Jesus Rios. She is trained by Antonio Sano and owned by Gelfenstein Farm LLC.
  • Pinetop is running February 21st in the Arizona Oaks. She will be ridden by David Micheal Lopez. She is trained by Dan McFarlane and owned by Sawyer Cattle Company.
  • Phenomenal Phoenix is running February 22nd in the Southwest Stakes. He will be ridden by Clifton Berry. he is trained by Donnie Van Hemel and owned by Wayne Sanders and Larry Hirsch.
  • Bootsy's Girl is running March 7th in the Honeybee Stakes. She will be ridden by Channing Hill. She is trained by Kellyn Gorder and owned by W Helwing and M Kirkland.
  • I still can't believe that he is gone.
  • Danessa Deluxe is running March 28th in the Gulfstream Park Oaks. She will be ridden by John Velazquez. She is trained by Jorge Navarro and owned by Gelfenstein Farm LLC.
  • Birdatthewire is running March 28th in the Gulfstream Park Oaks. She will be ridden by Irad Ortiz Jr. She is trained by Dale Romans and owned by Forum Racing.
  • Comic Bird is running march 29th in the Rainbow Stakes. He will be ridden by Alex Canchari. He is trained by Tim Ice and owned by K.K. Jayaraman.
  • Danessa Deluxe (Summer Bird – Belle’s Home, by Came Home) – One of two Summer Bird daughters in the field, this filly is making her 2015 debut. She was last seen finishing fourth in the Delta Downs Princess won by 2014 Champion Two-Year-Old Filly Take Charge Brandi. She has been working well and should enjoy the distance. Her running style is more of a stalking style, so she should be making a good move in the stretch. - See more at: https://www.ladyandthetrack.com/news/11942/gulfstream-park-oaks-2015-picks-and-preview.html#sthash.XSIuOTFo.dpuf
  • Birdatthewire (Summer Bird – My Limit, by Wagon Limit) – This filly has only been off the board once, and in her last race she was a close second to Ekati’s Phaeton in the Davona Dale. This filly is more than likely going to get better with both age and distance. She is a very late runner and closes like a freight TRAIN. She defied the bias at Gulfstream last time out and just missed. With the added distance, she is not likely to miss again. - See more at: https://www.ladyandthetrack.com/news/11942/gulfstream-park-oaks-2015-picks-and-preview.html#sthash.XSIuOTFo.dpuf
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited April 2015
    Kathy's Reward is running April 18th in the Austintown Filly Sprint Stakes. She will be ridden by Jeffery Skerrett. She is trained by Joe Sharp and owned by Loooch Racing Stables Inc.
  • Phenomenal Phoenix is running April 18th in the Illinois Derby. He will be ridden by Luis Quinonez. He is trained by Donnie Van Hemel and owned by Wayne Sanders.
  • Birdatthewire is running May 1st in the Longines Kentucky Oaks. She will be ridden by Irad Ortiz Jr. She is trained by Dale Romans and owned by Forum Raving IV.
  • Further demonstrating just how deep this year’s Oaks field is, the fifth choice on the morning line, at 6-1, is Birdatthewire (Summer Bird--My Limit, by Wagon Limit). A two–time stakes winner at Gulfstream Park this year, the Dale Romans trainee impressed everyone who watched her win the Gulfstream Park Oaks back on March 28. Overcoming a consistent early wrestling match with her rider, Irad Ortiz, Jr. that afternoon, Birdatthewire still came on powerfully to sweep to a going away victory. She’ll be joined by Ortiz again in the Oaks, and the pair will break from post position #13.
  • still can't believe that Summer Bird is gone. He left this world way, way too soon. RIP Summer Bird.
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited April 2015
    Further demonstrating just how deep this year’s Oaks field is, the fifth choice on the morning line, at 6-1, is Birdatthewire (Summer Bird--My Limit, by Wagon Limit). A two–time stakes winner at Gulfstream Park this year, the Dale Romans trainee impressed everyone who watched her win the Gulfstream Park Oaks back on March 28. Overcoming a consistent early wrestling match with her rider, Irad Ortiz, Jr. that afternoon, Birdatthewire still came on powerfully to sweep to a going away victory. She’ll be joined by Ortiz again in the Oaks, and the pair will break from post position #13.
    A pair cannot break from one post position, even if it is #13.
  • Danessa Deluxe is running May 15th in the Black-Eyed Susan Stakes. She will be ridden by John Velazquez. She is trained by Jorge Navarro and owned by Gelfenstein Farm.