Hope's Love (California Chrome's full sister)

Dedicated to anything and everything Hope's Love. She has her own facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hopes-Love/774715129279573 with many photos.

Here is her equibase info, no trainer updates yet. http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=9454849&registry=T

Comments

• You take it nice and slow little girl. Look at your brothers race line. you dont have win every race, just grow strong and listen to Pers. He'll take care of you.
  • Rachel is that her official facebook page?
  • Yes it is. It is the only one that comes up when you look up Hope's Love on facebook. They fixed the stolen photos.
    Rachel is that her official facebook page?
  • Hope's Love is being trained by Art Sherman's son, Steve Sherman, at Golden Gate Fields
  • I was wondering if that was the case. That's great, looking forward to more up dates.
  • Well, that's alright then.
  • LOL

Shared Belief is back at Golden Gate doing his routine workouts.

Hope's Love is there as well. Her facebook status says she thinks SB totally winked at her as she was seeing him out on the track haha
  • Look at her go! Moved up a furlong lol

DRF Formulator @DRFFormulator
    Hope's Love, full sis to California Chrome, worked again today at GGF, 2 furlong in :26 flat, one week after her first published workout.
  • I hope she does well. Lot of doubters of Chrome and the family stating their breeding was a fluke.
  • It IS a fluke.
    Their only horse, a nothing mare, bred to a small time stud, first foal is Chrome.
    Hang it up and move on.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I have to agree with whoodler.
  • Cant be a fluke if her other offspring havent raced yet. Lets see how her offspring do before Chrome is deemed a fluke
  • When it comes right down to it, a lot of breedings that produce champions were flukes. Barbaro apparently was a fluke. No other offspring of Dynaformer and La Ville has been a champion. AP Indy's first winner as a sire was a fluke until he had many other winners. I agree with Rachel that until she has more offspring actually race, it's not necessarily a fluke. It may be improbable, but not impossible.
  • Thank goodness for flukes...gives the small guy a chance. I love flukes. LOL
  • La Ville Rouge has 2 daughters of Bernardini. Hope they turn out great
  • Louise
    just proved my point. Barbaro... No other offspring of Dynaformer and La Ville has been a champion.
    AP Indy... lots of good offspring... ALL by different mares.
    The worse thing that can happen to a potential race horse is to have a champion or just outstanding FULL sibling.

The Coburn/Martin beginner's luck was just that.
    And THEY probably know it better than anyone.
  • Belittling a horse before its first race is just disappointing
  • OK, a little slow here & get the difference with AP Indy, but what IF this latest foal, CC's sister, were to hit big? Isn't there still a possibility of that happening? I'll admit, I'm a dreamer, but still think it's possible. It'll be interesting to see. And, I agree, they probably do realize what incredible beginner's luck they've had.
  • La Ville Rouge has 2 daughters of Bernardini. Hope they turn out great
    Even though Barbaro's brothers did not duplicate Barbaro's success, they still did nice on the track and made it further than most horses. I still love all of them and their beauty is undeniable.

• We still have Pennmarydel to show us what he can do, the very last full brother to Barbaro
  • We still have Pennmarydel to show us what he can do, the very last full brother to Barbaro
    I know, I'm excited! I read the other day that after some minor "growing pains," he should be starting soon.

• I have never thought that CC was a fluke. He is well breed. Just look up his pedigree. His sire, Lucky Pulpit, has a great pedigree, and was a very promising race horse until he got sick. He was never the same horse after he recovered. It is thought he had worked and raced in pain and just lost all interest in racing. CC's dam is by a very fine sire, Not For Love. Yes, he does have breeding that is "different", but it is not to belittled.
  • Sounds like Upward Bound for race horses.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Haha. Lucky Pulpit does not high caliber offspring except for CC. Dam's lineage of CC is obscure. If this filly turns out to be outstanding it will be a fluke in breeding. There is no black type up close at all. Not to say it could not happen.
  • I don't get the hilarity.