Help save the wild horse in NV

MargaretMargaret Member
edited July 2016 in Horse Advocacy & Rescue
The NV for the third time that I know of since 2009, are once again trying to shut the water off to the wild horses. They try to get them listed as not wildlife but something else. End result being they want to turn the water off.

This was filed right after Her Honor Judge Miranda Du found for the wild horses and BLM. Her Honor told NACO that NO BLM did not to round up every last wild horse in NV and NO shipping every horse in holding to slaughter wasn't an option.

Please sign this petition and let the NV know your feelings! The horses appreciate your time! And so do I!

https://www.change.org/p/water4wildhorses

Comments

• I signed! I'm so sick of this crap.
  • Yes, I signed as well with this comment: "The wildlife, including wild horses, has more right to water and grazing on taxpayer-owned land than the cattle which belong to rich ranchers who take advantage of cheap rented public grazing land rather than having to farm only on their own land, the way farmers and ranchers do in states that don't have a lot of public lands available to subsidize their farmers and ranchers."
  • VA - I totally agree, signed "another" petition to help "our" wild horses! How many petitions will it take?
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    While perusing the web for interesting articles to post on my work's FB page I came across this article.... This JUST happened.

http://equimed.com/news/politics/federal-court-dismisses-nevada-cattlemen-s-anti-mustang-lawsuit
  • Oh...thanks Casey...this is finally good news for once for the wild mustangs!
  • Yes, I posted it on the Wild Horses thread yesterday. Very good news, indeed.

Take that, rich cattlemen who feel entitled to graze your cattle on our taxpayer-owned land and also think the wild horses should be kept off those lands you feel belong--for very low rental fees--to you. Hah! Well, this just shows it's not your land.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited March 2015
    Yes, I posted it on the Wild Horses thread yesterday. Very good news, indeed.

Take that, rich cattlemen who feel entitled to graze your cattle on our taxpayer-owned land and also think the wild horses should be kept off those lands you feel belong--for very low rental fees--to you. Hah! Well, this just shows it's not your land.
    Oh...sorry VA_in_CA...somehow I missed your posting yesterday. Must have been out and away from the computer. :o(