2015 Preakness

Comments

• I'm really excited about Barbaro's owners having a horse in the Preakness. They are such a class act.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/horse-racing/bs-sp-digest-0507-20150507-story.html#page=1
  • tincuptincup Member
    The Pharo in a romp leading to speculation of a Secretariat like performance in the Belmont...three weeks of Red and the greatest performance weve ever seen...and a final chapter in the journey of Bullet Bob and his maniacal pursuit of speed. Damn the losses....praise the king.
  • I, personally, am going to be against American Pharaoh winning the Belmont Stakes... Because, with his running style and pedigree: I don't think he can get the distance. To me; The Preakness seems like it will be his race to lose. Because if all goes well I see no reason why he shouldn't win that race.
  • If he does take the Belmont will you still be against him having taken it?
    I, personally, am going to be against American Pharaoh winning the Belmont Stakes...
  • I may be wrong (haha, not the first time) but I don't think RR12 meant she didn't want him to win the Belmont, but that she doesn't know if he can.
  • tincuptincup Member
    Follow last years run at an attempt at the triple and you know everything you need to know about a certain person.
    Having said that...when the pharo crushes this field in the preak you will hit the restart on everything RED.
    ...now your turn certain someone...and yes he will get the Belmont distance just as Chrome had no problem with the distance.
  • KMMKMM Member
    CC do you want to make up a game for Preakness like your Derby, with win, place, show?
  • Of course I want him to win the Belmont, but I don't trust him to until he actually does. As they say: hope for the best, expect the worst.
  • Follow last years run at an attempt at the triple and you know everything you need to know about a certain person.
    Having said that...when the pharo crushes this field in the preak you will hit the restart on everything RED.
    ...now your turn certain someone...and yes he will get the Belmont distance just as Chrome had no problem with the distance.
    Wow! You really want "certain someone' to take the bait...I hope "certain someone does not!
  • KMMKMM Member
    Maybe certain someone is a trainer? Nebulous. As in lost in the clouds. Have no clue and maybe I don't. :) :)
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited May 2015
    Maybe certain someone is a trainer? Nebulous. As in lost in the clouds. Have no clue and maybe I don't. :) :)
    Me thinks we need to catch up reading Chapter One...in 2014 to understand. Yes I agree with Captainsmistress. Don't take the "bait".
  • KMMKMM Member
    Have no clue and maybe I don't need to...have a clue.
  • Sorry I didn't understand at first. I took you literally when you said you were against him winning the Belmont. I have to admit that seemed strange to me, especially if he wins the Preakness, lol.
    Of course I want him to win the Belmont, but I don't trust him to until he actually does. As they say: hope for the best, expect the worst.
  • edited May 2015
    Sorry I didn't understand at first. I took you literally when you said you were against him winning the Belmont. I have to admit that seemed strange to me, especially if he wins the Preakness, lol.
    Of course I want him to win the Belmont, but I don't trust him to until he actually does. As they say: hope for the best, expect the worst.
    Haha! No biggie; that paragraph was poorly worded, so it would have been easy to misinterpret through a computer.

But perhaps I should clarify: I believe American Pharaoh's pedigree is against winning the Belmont, I do not think--based on his pedigree and running style-- that he can get that distance. However, I am MORE than happy for him to prove me wrong. Alas, all this being said: I'll look like a complete fool if he doesn't win the Preakness (and therefore doesn't even participate in the Belmont) after so much speculation among ourselves. So Preakness comes first! And as I said in my 1st paragraph: that race will definitely be his race to lose if all goes well, he gets a good post, and a clean trip. No excuses for him if that's the case.
  • Dallas Stewart must really think he's seen something special in Tale of Verve, because here he is back again.
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/91896/tale-of-verve-a-go-for-preakness-mr-z-out
  • @KMM yes I am going to be making another game for the Preakness. I just need a field before the game can start. Right now I know that American Pharoah, Diving Rod, Dortmund, and Firing Line are pointed towards the Preakness. I just need the other horses.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    Sorry I didn't understand at first. I took you literally when you said you were against him winning the Belmont. I have to admit that seemed strange to me, especially if he wins the Preakness, lol.

Haha! No biggie; that paragraph was poorly worded, so it would have been easy to misinterpret through a computer.

But perhaps I should clarify: I believe American Pharaoh's
    pedigree is against winning the Belmont, I do not think--based on his pedigree and running style-- that he can get that distance. However, I am MORE than happy for him to prove me wrong. Alas, all this being said: I'll look like a complete fool if he doesn't win the Preakness (and therefore doesn't even participate in the Belmont) after so much speculation among ourselves. So Preakness comes first! And as I said in my 1st paragraph: that race will definitely be his race to lose if all goes well, he gets a good post, and a clean trip. No excuses for him if that's the case.
    He could still participate in the Belmont if he doesn't win the Preakness. Orb and Mine That Bird (among others) raced in the Belmont after failing to get the Preakness.
  • @EliRose, the Zayats already said that American Pharaoh will not participate in the Belmont if he doesn't win the Preakness. Sorry to say.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    Oh man, didn't hear that!
  • KMMKMM Member
    That makes perfect sense. Race him in other G1s after a break to lead up to BCC.
  • Apparently Pletcher is still trying to decide whether to send Materiality to the Preakness or not (no mention of his other horses) and has said he'll make a decision tomorrow. Considering the fact that he hardly ever runs his horses back so quickly, I think that says a lot about how highly he regards Materiality. Even if he does wait until Belmont, I have really high hopes for him.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Preakness may be surprising. Shorter race. Expect AP to be toward the front. What speed horses are in there so far?
  • Materiality is skipping the Preakness to go straight to Belmont. No other Pletcher horses will be entered in the Preakness. Announced this morning on DRF Live.